Thread: Modify the exuberant amount of armies

Default Modify the exuberant amount of armies

Is there any way to mod the game so that the Ai does not spam 20 armies per faction every 10 turns. It is fun, but after a while battles lose significance.

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Modify the exuberant amount of armies

thats odd, or at least it never happened to me before... are you in late game against some gigantic empire? maybe the AI is money floating after conquering too many lands. also, maybe the scripts that give money to the AI are more generous the bigger the difficulty setting, but thats a guess. anyway, i have no idea how to fix this, but i will leave this post here so i can come back to this topic in case i find what you want; i have seen similar topics in the third age mod, but in that mod the armies are actually spammed, most of the time. perhaps we could start looking there?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Is there any way to mod the game so that the Ai does not spam 20 armies per faction every 10 turns. It is fun, but after a while battles lose significance.
    Hi juanplay. There should be a no scripted option to install. It will greatly reduce the AI spawning armies

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Hi juanplay. There should be a no scripted option to install. It will greatly reduce the AI spawning armies
    Where is that file, Rio? I didn't see the option in the .7z file available, or the automated .exe install.

I love this mod so much. The spam armies are the only thing that bother me, I'd love to have that minimum script install as well.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Where is that file, Rio? I didn't see the option in the .7z file available, or the automated .exe install.

I love this mod so much. The spam armies are the only thing that bother me, I'd love to have that minimum script install as well.
    I think that was the one I was referring to.. the minimum script. Not sure how to reduce the later on spamming from the minimum script. Do have that min. script installed?

Do have that min. script installed?
    Nope, can't find it anywhere on the site!That's what I was trying to clarify; the downloads page has no attachment of the minimum script, nor is it contained within the .7z on that page. Was it uploaded with the V3 update? If not, can we hunt it down?

*** Ok the non-spawn minimum version I was working on was full of CTD's. I'll try again soon. If anyone has the minimum campaign script, though, that would be awesome.

Intoxicants be praised, I may have gotten you a version you're looking for.

NO spawns in this one. Enjoy, plays out like a vanilla campaign, recruiting from what is available in the cities, etc. About 5 turns in, the AI was already forming competent army stacks, anywhere from 1 to 3 of them roaming around per kingdom. It looked somewhat stable. I love feedback, please play.

*Removed file, see posting below*
    Last edited by smitty; February 15, 2016 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    *** Ok the non-spawn minimum version I was working on was full of CTD's. I'll try again soon. If anyone has the minimum campaign script, though, that would be awesome.

Intoxicants be praised, I may have gotten you a version you're looking for.

NO spawns in this one. Enjoy, plays out like a vanilla campaign, recruiting from what is available in the cities, etc. About 5 turns in, the AI was already forming competent army stacks, anywhere from 1 to 3 of them roaming around per kingdom. It looked somewhat stable. I love feedback, please play.
    I will put this in the download section smitty.. Thank you!

I will put this in the download section smitty.. Thank you!
    Actually, I'd rather you put this one up instead. That other one is a NO spawn script, whatsoever, but I'm taking it down to avoid confusion with players.

This one I'm posting has the 3 Knights of the Round Table spawn near Londonium, but otherwise still NO spawns anywhere else. Just didn't want those roleplayers of us to feel left out without those Knights
    Attached Files Attached Files