Thread: At wits end: Launcher deleting mods offline.

Default At wits end: Launcher deleting mods offline.

I spend a good chunk of my life at sea, so having steam online is not an option. A year ago, more or less, when .mitch was happily (for us) not a CA employee, we had his amazing mod manager that cured the lepers and walked on water. But mitch's manager isn't an option now.

The built in mod manager would be fine (or so it seems) if for one minor detail: It deletes my stuff. I need my stuff. I have wonderful stuff that mods the game the way I like stuff. I do not want my stuff deleted. I'm selfish, I know.

I have scoured the intardnets looking for a solution, and I come up with only a handful of old threads with no viable solution. Surely there has to be someone with a solution somewhere, or there is some basic keyword that I'm not using in my internet searching. Like the word "is" or something.

Please help my stuff.

Default Re: At wits end: Launcher deleting mods offline.

There's a trick:

1. Go to your Attila's data folder. Usually in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data

2. Copy the mods you're subscribed to

3. Make a back-up in some other folder

4. If necessary, rename the mods a bit

When the mod get auto-deleted, just copy back your backupped mods back to your Attila's data folder.

Of course, renamed mods won't get auto-updates, so check the Steam Workshop for update when you get online.

Other Tip: Mods not from SteamWorkshop don't get auto-deleted.

My stuff thanks you. And I thank you. I was losing my mind without my TW fix.

I created a Steam support ticket for this issue some time ago. The only reply I`ve got is:

""I'm afraid this configuration is not supported as mods are stored on the cloud. You need to play online."

Strangely though, other people seem to be able to play with their workshop mods while offline...

And that renaming mods is just annoying if you have a lot of them. Even the mods I uploaded to the workshop get deleted from my data folder once I go offline