Page 44 of 156 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950515253546994144 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by ares355 View Post
    But they are still Border Princes?, with Dogs of war roster.
    No, they're Dogs of War with some Border Princes regions. Border Princes is a place, like Tilea, and it's never had an armybook of its own. What has been an armybook is Dogs of War, which is mercenaries used heavily in regions like Tilea and the Border Princes.

Quote Originally Posted by ares355 View Post
    @WhiffOfGrapeshot - did Empire get Flagellants ?
    Yep, and they're pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHaiEmma View Post
    Oh no, I don't mind really. I was just curious. But won't they be kinda crap in defence without the shield bonus? (AKA I don't know how those things work in medieval). Maybe if there's room make a variant with the shields, and keep the glaves as an assault variant?
    Yeah, Wood Elf units are generally crap in defense, except for the Forest Spirits. They're a shooting army. The newer style shield carrying versions have the armor and stats to match High Elf Spearmen. We'll test out if they'd be better like that, but it's pretty fun having the WE units glass cannons.
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; April 10, 2016 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    It can be changed, but the old style ones had a unique look, while the new ones are pretty much just reskinned High Elves Spearmen. They might get changed, if we really want the new style with shields and armor, but I like 'em as is.
    Oh no, I don't mind really. I was just curious. But won't they be kinda crap in defence without the shield bonus? (AKA I don't know how those things work in medieval). Maybe if there's room make a variant with the shields, and keep the glaves as an assault variant?

I think removing the dismounted Reiksguard was a good idea, but maybe State Troops should get a little bit of a buff to better compete with the heavy infantry of other factions.

Of course, Chaos warriors should still have better infantry, same goes for elves and dwarfs.

Also, good on you for removing the axe throwers. They were a completely unbalanced unit. Chaos strength is meant to be infantry and cav, at the cost of having no skirmishers. Mark of Chaos made a huge mistake by giving them a ranged unit.

Not having any range is really gonna hurt chaos when it comes to taking down monster units.
    And as was asked before will empire get/do they have anything like the dismounted reiksguard to counter the heaviest enemy troops with, or do they have to rely on artillery/missiles/cav to do that?

Border Princes are in active rework by our team right now, look for Something new thread for more info, its updated day by day recently

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by tyrgalon View Post
    Not having any range is really gonna hurt chaos when it comes to taking down monster units.
    And as was asked before will empire get/do they have anything like the dismounted reiksguard to counter the heaviest enemy troops with, or do they have to rely on artillery/missiles/cav to do that?
    That's kinda the point of the Empire. Their State troops are mediocre (greatswords are pretty good), but they rely on cav, artillery, and missiles to win.

i found that "small monster" units like trolls are quite good for putting down the bigger ones.

How do you think Vampire Count players feel? Nothing you can do vs lots of trolls, ogres and giants!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctoralex View Post
    How do you think Vampire Count players feel? Nothing you can do vs lots of trolls, ogres and giants!
    Vampire Counts will have some answers to other factions' tough units in BoTET.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Wait, so a bunch of mercenaries decided to start taking and holding land, while still offering their services to other nations?

It appears Big Boss's dream is finally coming true...
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Just to say I'm a Nurgle player and never use Axe Throwers in my armies, the few that I recruit it's for defending minor settlements. But with the Mounted Marauders I use two in each army, they always have the first blood, unless I have a Hellcannon of course!
    On another matter, I know that MilkandcookiesTW and Grey Ghost are publishing a lot of battles in Youtube, are there other channels from beta-testers?

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    Wait, so a bunch of mercenaries decided to start taking and holding land, while still offering their services to other nations?

It appears Big Boss's dream is finally coming true...
    Not quite, Tilea is based on the Italian City States during the Italian Wars, where loads of mercenaries took the place of a standing army or militia. Just like with there, the people running the lands are usually nobles and senates, with the occasional upjumped mercenary captain. Mercenaries will just exist as mecenaries in various places around the map, but the Dogs of War faction is taken to be its own loose alliance of independent city-states in Tilea and the Border Princes regions.

tl;dr: Canon Tilean army.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    Just to say I'm a Nurgle player and never use Axe Throwers in my armies, the few that I recruit it's for defending minor settlements. But with the Mounted Marauders I use two in each army, they always have the first blood, unless I have a Hellcannon of course!
    On another matter, I know that MilkandcookiesTW and Grey Ghost are publishing a lot of battles in Youtube, are there other channels from beta-testers?
    Mounted Marauders are staying, even though they do throw javelins, they exist like that in the tabletop.

And those are the main 2 that I know of. A couple other channels have done one or two videos, but nothing to the extent of those. It's a nice mix, since Milkandcookies does Multiplayer with commentary and Grey Ghost does campaign battles.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Necromancer View Post
    Border Princes are in active rework by our team right now, look for Something new thread for more info, its updated day by day recently
    The COW team is working with the Beginning of the end Times ? how is your partnership exactly :p ?

Just asking but are the Dwarfs going to get a buff Because in ROTDG they are a bit squishy

will you have Lahmia vampires, with abilities like dominance and seduction? or similar debufs that line of vampires is my favourite!

Quote Originally Posted by OhHaiEmma View Post
    I like wood elves to be more reckless focusing on weapons over mundane armor. I have played medieval for a long time and I must admit that the effect of the shield is still a mystery, I mean it gives armour and I would want all my elite units to have the extra armour, how much it blocks missiles beyond that is a good question. it was easy to see in rome, but in medieval it's almsot as if it doesn't matter what direction you are shooting from in terms of damage. the feeling of having a shield does make you more bold though with moving your units into enemy fire...

maybe a block chance from the front would be possible to add in somehow?

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

That's how shields work in the engine. Block chancr for front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Mounted Marauders are staying, even though they do throw javelins, they exist like that in the tabletop.

And those are the main 2 that I know of. A couple other channels have done one or two videos, but nothing to the extent of those. It's a nice mix, since Milkandcookies does Multiplayer with commentary and Grey Ghost does campaign battles.
    Quick question Wiff. I've read more or less all the Warhammer books and i remember the Mounted Marauders having bow's, but that might not be the case for the TTA? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to that i think. Had a Drucaii army back in the day, but cant remember the rules and such :|

no axe throwers? ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    That's how shields work in the engine. Block chancr for front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    good to know