Thread: Strange issue with ship rosters in ports

Default Strange issue with ship rosters in ports

First just want to say that I love DEI and now I am falling in love with FotE. Really impossible for me to play the game without it already.

One thing that is bugging me though is some weird entries in the rosters for the military ports. I have found this with both WRE and ERE as well as the Sassinids.... ships with crews from other nations instead of the home nation. I can kind of deal with the idea that they are mercenaries or auxiliaries of sorts but I don't think it is intentional, is it? I tried to watch Magnar's modding tutorials to fix it myself but I have to admit, all the talk of data base tables made my head start to spin.

So for example, the military port has a garrison unit of longship with Germanic archers, and it unlocks strike liburnian with desert corsair archers and double ballista marauder with elite sassinid archers... for ERE.

Is this supposed to be like this? If not, how can I fix it?

Default Re: Strange issue with ship rosters in ports

We haven't done anything with navies other than add some copy units so you don't lose low tier units when you get unit upgrades. There will have to be a naval overhaul at some point.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks for the reply Dresden. That explains the repeated unit.

I found a mod that improves ship shields, so that problem is sorted now.

But I'm still at a loss to figure out the non-faction units being added. It's not a huge problem but a little annoying for my slightly OCD nature. Saw something similar with DEI with the Armenians and Parthians getting unusual naval garrison land units if I remember correctly, units from the Carthage roster I believe.

I've looked all over for a naval overhaul. I like what DEI did for the naval combat, looking forward to seeing something similar with Attila. You folks do great work and it is very much appreciated! I wish CA had the same vision of the game that you do... it would suit my taste out of the box better.

I could make some VMD's for the naval units if the person who usually doses that needs help making them.

Also, I would need to use Attila and FOTE assets as I do not know how to make them.