Thread: TotW 251: Charge! - WINNER'S CIRCLE

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default TotW 251: Charge! - WINNER'S CIRCLE

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC!
    << Picture of the Week | Unedited Screenshot of the Week | Game Picture of the Week | Graphics Competition | Tale of the Week >>

Charge!

With thanks to xHolyCrusader for the graphic - winner of the PotW #438! Please rep him by clicking on the little green cross.

Charging to victory this week is Massive_attack with his sci-fi news report! Please join me in offering our congratulations to his victory, and a big thanks to the other entrants waveman and Mhaedros. If you missed a chance to catch up with the latest news you can view the report below:

TotW 251: Charge! - WINNING SUBMISSION
    "Here is the news"

"Welcome. I am Arthur Mulligan, and you are watching Night-News-One."

Mulligan shifted in his seat, remaining composed. The colonies would not see his face but several billions of people in the core would.

"The latest report from the Peoples Republic of Venus indicates immediate economic collapse. Several Corponations are re-purposing solar satellites into killsats as a means of instigating a coup and replacing the chairman. More after the destruction of the capitol. Stay with us."

"Our latest developing story is regarding the ongoing food riots in Old York City, on Luna. Our chief civil disruption correspondent, Dana, has more. Dana, how does it look?"

A screen behind Arthur flicked to Dana, standing in front of large industrial vehicles pushing piles of bodies on streets away behind her, under the supervision of a terrifying colossal war-machine's guns.

"Thank you Arthur. At 0900 hours today insurgents infiltrated the crowds and opened fire. Thankfully peacekeeper personnel were able to promptly and effectively contain the situation. As an aside, food plants have a large influx of new biomass to work with, so the remaining populace should be able to be fed easily."

Arthur nodded "Good to hear Dana. Lets turn to our war correspondent, attached to the 9th Mechanized Infantry Division on Firaxis. George, how are the troops?"

The screen Dana was on fades to George Hall, in a flak vest with a column of three foot tall metal soldiers crossing alien ruins.

"Well Arthur since mounting up with the 9th M.I.D. I have learned a great deal from its C.O., Meridia. The smart-AI has a great sense of humor, and thus morale for her killbots is high. We're seeing near total eradication of all nonhuman life on this planet. The burning cities, the alien cries of their females and children as we grind their bones into matter-guns, its great to see. Every kill bot fallen to the cause is recycled into fresh bots. The 9th lives up to their name as the Skull Takers. These xenos are trembling in their rubbers."

"Yes, I understand you just saw combat last night."

"Absolutely Arthur. We mounted a determined assault against a regional capitol. Meridia reports that while it was regrettable to lose troops, the matter reclamation process that is now behind me consuming this city will rebuild the force in a few days. Behind me you can see fresh grunts, ready to fight!"

"Very good George. Keep up the good work out there."

"Thanks Arthur, Meridia thanks you as well, I uploaded some quality combat footage straight from her killbot cameras; she loves the attention."

Arthur nodded. "You may access that footage by visiting our data network."

George's face faded away.

"Those were our top stories. Stay with us for updates on the economy and sports. We will now take a break for our corporate sponsors. Thank you listening in tonight, we appreciate it. If you are leaving, then goodbye, and goodnight."

As always I hope to see all again entering, voting an congratulating. There is no poll this week so you can strike voting off your to-do list, but entering can be done over here and you can congratulate by posting below.

TotW 251: Submission thread | Voting thread
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Default Re: TotW 251: Charge! - WINNER'S CIRCLE

Thank you everyone!