Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 446984858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1903

Thread: Something new

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Something new

Good job as always mate!

Great work..just great work

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Fantastic work!!! Each model is perfectly done!

If you need 3D stuff, remeber this opportunity: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post14811873

Regards
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

2 Mr.Crow Big thanks from our team, we will try to make as much as we can from this opportunity!

Mesn's Avatar Civis

Outriders

Author: Sigmar, Crisord

Mesn's Avatar Civis

Al muktar's desert dogs

Author: Mr.Crow's, Crisord, Sigmar.

Beautiful compilation, Mesn.

LIETPOLD THE BLACK

WOW

I like what I see here, quite a rich model crisord!

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Going thru pages of updates, awesome work guys as always!

Mesn's Avatar Civis

Banished Nobles (BP)

Author: Crisord, Sigmar.

Beautiful work as always.

Beautiful, especially the Outriders. Though the horses of the Banished Nobles could have more armor

Glorious new units guys, are the old. In fact, your mod is so unbelievably good, and by far my dearest and my favorite of any for Total War, hence why I want to bring something to your attention.

I realize this isn't the thread but I am posting it here since its the only place I see devs post and read at.

I have played a build of 1.6 a year ago, and a newer build now. I have watched Arch Warhammer (a popular warhammer youtuber) play Kislev until the storm of chaos, only to have his playthrough end disastrously anticlimactic because of the braindead AI.

Guys, I played this mod the most back in version 1.4 as Ostermark, where because of cleverly scripted stack spawns I've always was at the edge of my seat and one battle away from having my campaign lost because I was losing resources and an army stretched thin trying to keep Sylvania and spawning stacks of chaos at bay. Glorious, decisive, memorable large battles were had. Never have I had such glorious fun with a total war game.

~~~ In 1.6 a year ago I kept playing nearly until the storm hit before a crash doomed my save, but nevermind that, its fixed in this version. The thing is, most of my campaign was spent fighting repetitive beastmen stacks and swimming in money, hoping something decisive, dangerous and worthy would happen. It didn't.

~~~ In the current 1.6 version, I played little again as Ostermark and saw that the monetary situation improved, as I wasn't swimming in cash so excessively much (although I still was), but everything else was as it was a year ago. I focused on Kislev instead.

~~~ Now, I played Kislev and at first my forces were really stretched thin and stacks of Skaven and occasional chaos popped up everywhere. This pleased me at first, as the campaign was initially somewhat challenging, but I quickly realized that this is what would keep happening until the Storm of Chaos. Me wiping out single stack armies that barely know how to attack was not a challenge, but an annoyance.

~~~Finally, I checked out what the Storm of Chaos looked like in Arch Warhammer's playthrough (albeit of 1.5) and it was a disaster because the AI was too stupid to attack properly, instead it ran around mindlessly not knowing what to do, separating its forces instead of keeping them unified or at least strong.

This is gamebreaking. the CAI is utterly braindead.

Guys, in a nutshell, these are the problems that make what could with some work be such a magnificent experience instead totally broken;

>The AI does not know how to accompany other stacks to make a larger force This eliminates any chance of having decisive, awe inspiring, breathtaking and actually fun battles, and it impairs the AI tactically. NEVER had I fought a combined force in any version of 1.6, unless I deliberately attacked two large stacks that I was lucky enough to spot coincidentally next to each other. This eliminates any threat from the AI and is the biggest and most devastating problem. Affects even the storm of chaos. Forces scatter instead of being united, thus breaking the game in so many ways.
    > Stack spawns should be less frequent but more decisive. A single stack not accompanied by more does nothing but force me to fight a boring battle.
    > Kingdoms do jack . Kingdoms just about don't do anything. The AI does not know how to protect its holdings and leaves them ungarrisoned.
    > The AI does not know how to efficiently reinforce or move around its armies. Instead of a few mighty stacks it will lead a ton of scattered units or small stacks doing nothing but sabotaging itself.
    > The AI does not know when is it in its best interests to attack.
    > The AI does not know how to attack or prioritize conflicts and never does anything meaningful because of it. Unfortunately, this affects even the spawn stacks a lot of the time.
    > the BAI is nothing to write home about either, but at least its functional. the AI always looks for hill advantage when attacked, and although this sounds good on paper, its not always in their best interests in practice, but more importantly, as the AI does not know how to attack on the campaign map, even when it should, this forces me to attack and have battles play out the same way every time.

In conclusion, I have kept playing hoping something would happen, and then booted up Europa Barbarorum II for the first time as the Romans. After I've witnessed rebel celts amassing on my borders with 3 stacks properly accompanying each other, I've had my first battle totaling about 8 thousand men in the first few turns. Right after that I knew that I would never see such a thing here and decided to stop playing for good, until it changes anyhow.

What I'm saaying is: It can obviously be done. The AI can work at least better than it does now. Now I realize you are using custom BAI and presumably CAI too, or whether its stock CAI broken by the new mechanics I don't know, but this doesn't have to stay the way it is. Its not inherently destined to be broken.

You've done everything else perfectly. To this day the units surprise me and take my breath away. The mod is so filled with content it feels like a RPG world, not a campaign map. Please adjust the gameplay to be worthy of the quality of everything else. Thank you, and despite this, thank you for making the awesomest mod ever.

2YourStepDad, first of all thank you for your kind words. Second - we read everything, but not everything worth or need to be answered. Third - we know about AI(tho we have enchaced one compare to the vanilla) but we dont want to implement new one, because it would break a lot of things, balance mostly. And for the last but not least - all those scripts a lot of people whining about is exactly that measure that serving to make classic gameplay a bit harder, a bit warhammer style alike. Not ideal, but maximum of what engine provide.

Thank you Lord Necromancer for your response.

The balance is decent but could be improved, though by this I mean unit and battle balance more than CAI balance, which is solid but the futility of the AI breaks it. I am convinced from what I've seen elsewhere that the AI can function better and correctly, somehow.

As for the stacks themselves, I like them, but you're right, some people don't. You can't please everybody indeed. Nonetheless, I wish they would be less frequent but larger and much more dangerous, and most importantly able to move and attack meaningfully and decisively, and not run around back and forth until they decide to attack something unimportant, ultimately not doing anything.

Again, sorry if this sounded inappropriate or harsh, and if I assumed things incorrectly, I just want this mod to reach new heights because it really could be the best thing out there. It almost is!

I've seen the AI move a stack next to my force and attack with another quite routinely. My army was extremely strong, however - the usual force ratio against a single full AI stack there was 3:2 at best (marauder spam vs HE elites). I suspect that might have been a factor.

Too bad making the AI adapt if its strategy fails is probably even beyond the scope of modern TW games.

Civis

@yourstepdad You cant compare Europa Barbaorum 1 or 2 too anything in TotalWar series and modding. It by far the best and you learn history & geography as well. Call of warhammer Ai it better than vanilla, where army dont move at all and are massacred by ranged attack without doing anything. Warhammer fantasy world is rich and units are awesone. If it was not of crash this mod will be equal to Third Age in my book.

So, when there will be the next update?