Hi everyone.

First I want to congratulate the team for the outstanding work they have done. You guys are incredible

Now I am a bit curious about al-Andalus roster. More precisely on the Irafat al Sudan (Black Guard). The team chose to give them a black uniform. What are the historical bases to do so ? I do not want to sound pedantic. I hardly know anything about Andalusian armies. Though I was a bit surprised to see an Umayyad Guard unit with all of its soldiers in black clothes as I thought white was the favorite color of the Umayyad family while black was the Abbasid color and the color chosen by them as a rally point to their revolution when they over overthrew the Umayyads. I can not help but be curious as to how an Umayyad guard unit ends up in he color of the dynasty that massacred most Umayyad in Orient. It must feel unsafe to poor Abd al Rahman

You may as well make them more armored. CA and TW mods are often confused by servile warriors from Muslims countries. Thinking they are some sort of sub part troops and so giving them limited armor. You should not hesitate at all. Servile warriors were seen as the best troops possible for the battlefield and for bodyguard. According to it they generally formed the backbone of Muslims armies once the practice became common during the IX century. Their foreign origin was supposed to bring their native skills as combatant. Their training since childhood was supposed to make them even better. Finally their servile conditions was supposed to ensure their loyalty to their prince in coordination to their foreign identity (this part failed often). At least that was the case in Middle East (the region I studied this year). Many Emir (military commander) were previously slave warrior and sometimes kept their servile statue even if they commanded a lot of men and held great power.