Thread: about cavarly

Icon5 about cavarly

Hi guys! firts of all, GREAT MOD! thank you for your work!
    I'm here to ask you if the pull back casualties of cavarly unit work as intended. In this way you can't do a realistic cycle of charge&retreat, in vanilla also very light cavarly were very effective against light and medium infantry; here after the charge, lose the effectiveness (also against slingers) but you can't pull back because if you do, half of stack go to hell . I tried also with heavy cavarly, putting back is equal to lose 1/3!
    explain me how i have to do to save my horseman!

thank for your attention!

Default Re: about cavarly

isn't the pull back casualties a vanilla thing?it is the same in Rome2;but then again,I haven't played rome 2 without DeI. but maybe you are charging the cavs head on with no other units pinning it too?I only use the cavs for flanks and rear charge when I have another unit fighting the enemy unit.

Default Re: about cavarly

No, obviusly i attack whit my cav only archers and slingers or i use to charge flank; Yes, you're right, the pull back penality is the same of the vanilla, but the cavarly defence in the mod is decreased; I'm ok with the low stat of melee defence, you can't let your cav fight for a long time, but if the mod decrease defense it also have to decrease pull back penalty, or your unit can't stand more than a cycle of charge/retreat! try by yourself
    sorry for my english man