Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new version seems to work just fine until this happens?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default The new version seems to work just fine until this happens?

Code:
    when testing <SettlementBuildingExists> condition
    22:05:24.163 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Become_Chief> 
    : SettlementBuildingExists needs a settlement.

22:05:24.164 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Become_Lendmann> 

22:05:24.164 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Become_Jarl> 

22:05:24.479 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    I could play a much greater number of turns than usual by playing as the West Francs and just clicking "next turn". But it would seem when a faction leader is supposed to get some higher status? -It would crash. Guess it has to do with buildings or traits- i don't really know as that's not my area.

But this CTD-bug has to be fixed because otherwise it's gamebreaking.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: The new version seems to work just fine until this happens?

Is this meant to be in the public forum?

I just thought i'd get more answers to why this is happening here?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Libertus

I believe it has something to do with my work..... i havent gotten that one if i can recall correct.It should not happen because you are playing franks they canīt even get the trait.I remember i had in earlier beta 1.5 a crash when franks called in a crusade(played with danes).There are some bugs that i have not found explanation and there will probably come eventually a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Juzu90 View Post
    I believe it has something to do with my work..... i havent gotten that one if i can recall correct.It should not happen because you are playing franks they canīt even get the trait.I remember i had in earlier beta 1.5 a crash when franks called in a crusade(played with danes).There are some bugs that i have not found explanation and there will probably come eventually a new one.
    I don't think it's your traits because this was about the unreleased version . Plus it seems to happen when the AI do stuff.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I don't think it's your traits because this was about the unreleased version . Plus it seems to happen when the AI do stuff.
    It was the same thing with the crusade, it always crashed during turn of the franks.Could there be some bug with some part of the script that causes this crashing?I do remember that in 1.5 all the settlements and regions where not in the file.If there are no info of the settlement in the file descr_regions , the game will generate a generic settlement with no buildings and minimum population and size(hard to explain, i know)

Catch this http://www.mediafire.com/download/cd...svtge/WotN.zip

I found some errors in ancillaries and traits and changed nonexistent trait (ancillaries file) in 1041 line to "and PercentageEnemyKilled > 70". In line 143 (EDCT file) you have non existent antitrait - remove it or use my file where I add this trait. In this case you must also use export_vnvs.txt file and add trigger(s) for this trait (noctophobia).
    Last edited by -wino-; August 23, 2016 at 03:40 PM.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by -wino- View Post

I found some errors in ancillaries and traits and changed nonexistent trait (ancillaries file) in 1041 line to "and PercentageEnemyKilled > 70". In line 143 (EDCT file) you have non existent antitrait - remove it or use my file where I add this trait. In this case you must also use export_vnvs.txt file and add trigger(s) for this trait (noctophobia).
    Hey, thanks for noticing the ancillary bug. I totally missed it .I will probably add the trait you made, i just need to start thinking what kind of triggers they will use.Night fighting is a cool part of the battles so it would be nice to enable them.

3 selected triggers from The Last Kingdom EDCT file:

Trigger night_battle_crushing_loss_attacker
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
    and IsGeneral
    and not WonBattle
    and BattleSuccess >= clear
    and BattleOdds >= 0.8
    and IsNightBattle

Affects Noctophobia 1 Chance 50

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger night_battle_crushing_loss_defender
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition not WasAttacker
    and IsGeneral
    and not WonBattle
    and BattleSuccess >= clear
    and BattleOdds < 1.5
    and IsNightBattle

Affects Noctophobia 1 Chance 50

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger random_birth_hungary
    WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition FactionType hungary

Affects GoodCommander 1 Chance 100
    Affects GoodCavalryGeneral 1 Chance 100
    Affects GoodAmbusher 1 Chance 100
    Affects Noctophobia 1 Chance 100
    Affects Riotprovoking 1 Chance 100

Libertus

Thanks, i probably use one of them as an example but modify it.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

In line 143 (EDCT file) you have non existent antitrait - remove it or use my file where I add this trait. In this case you must also use export_vnvs.txt file and add trigger(s) for this trait (noctophobia).
    Please note that anti traits do not work in M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Please note that anti traits do not work in M2TW.
    But they do work in Kingdoms? WotN is wrongly placed for the original game at moddb.

- The Havamal

Blog Entries

Nope - doesn't matter which version. Just doesn't work.

Would be great if someone could re-upload the fix to the traits, as the new version still do use the old traits and ancillaries-files - unfortunately WIN 10 sucks so all my work the last day will need to be re-added on-top of my old upload from aug 23 in the developers forum.

I tried to remove anti-traits and traits but the mod would crash when trying to enter both the campaign and custom battle - regardless of what units or factions i was picking.. And when i reverted all the changes to how they were previously - the CTD persisted.

I can't figure out how that is even possible.. When one revert all the changes things should work fine just like before. I'd guess it's the Win 10 that is causing this.. It wasn't a problem on win 7.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 01, 2017 at 08:10 PM.

- The Havamal

Blog Entries

Did you fix your virtual store? That's usually the culprit if roll backs don't seem to work.

Did you fix your virtual store? That's usually the culprit if roll backs don't seem to work.
    I think some of the problems disappeared when i moved the SEGA-folder out of Program Files (x84), as the names began to show and the files began to regenerate - but unfortunately the roll back failed.

I managed to find an old data-folder from september with Horsas UI-stuff though, so i didn't have to add everything manually. My own UI-improvement was just a matter of copy/pasting.

So the good news is that i am already done re-adding everything. And i've removed faulthy entries of traits in the descr_strat wich seemed to cause the constant CTD at turn 887-888. I mnaged to play for 890 turns before i quit, but there were like twenty turns, then a CTD, then five turns and a new CTD and then maybe two turns, fifteen turns etc. So it's not very stable.. But at least the game breaking CTD seem to be gone.

I still do think however that the anti-traits and maybe some of the traits may still cause trouble. I haven't fixed the errors fixed in the file above. But the download doesn't work so i am hoping Wino or Juzy90 will show up again and help me with those things. I don't really like messing with triggers and traits. It would be better if the ones who are good at such things did that. I have sent them messages.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 02, 2017 at 12:35 AM.

- The Havamal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I think some of the problems disappeared when i moved the SEGA-folder out of Program Files (x84), as the names began to show and the files began to regenerate - but unfortunately the roll back failed.
    This is what I am always recommending: install outside the program files directory. That way you avoid all the hassle with the virtual store. I even installed the Steam main set up outside of that directory...

This is what I am always recommending: install outside the program files directory. That way you avoid all the hassle with the virtual store. I even installed the Steam main set up outside of that directory...
    Yes, didn't think about it at first because it always worked before that update.

I just finished replacing all the entries in the expanded.txt, and sent the mod to Wino -we'll see if he can check and possibly fix all problems concerning traits and anti-traits. I've asked him to remove the anti-traits, as the most important thing for me is a stable mod - i hate bug-solving so i don't want anything that risks CTD:s and stuff.

- The Havamal

Blog Entries

The anti trait issue is unfortunate, but can be worked around.

The anti trait issue is unfortunate, but can be worked around.
    Yes, that's true - guess it's best to save that stuff for after the release.

Btw, i have a slight problem with my version of WotN: Grand Campaign - the radar-map doesn't show in full.

This happened when i added the update by Horsa, as i may have deleted one or two later additions. I don't know but the full radar-map is on the picture in world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign, but still the whole picture won't show and Greenland and other outer regions fail to show. As you are an expert at mapping i thought you might know the answer to this problem. It must be a file where one can decide the width/hight of the radar-map.

It worked in the previous version with the whole map so i would think one file may have messed it up.

Picture:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-01-02 17-51-31-726.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 02, 2017 at 11:06 AM.

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast