Thread: A mod that removes the special requirments empires of sand

Default A mod that removes the special requirments empires of sand

Hi. I'm looking for a mod that would remove the special requirements needed to build the tier 5 barracks with the Empires of sand factions(like the 75% faction religion requirement).
    Is there a mod like that? if not can someone tell me how to mod this myself?

Default Re: A mod that removes the special requirments empires of sand

This mechanic is located in a script, in data.pack, under campaigns -> main_attila -> sands -> military_building_locking.lua.

You can adjust the numbers there; you should see lines in that script for each of the level 5 buildings, with the "75" number. You can change that number; that's the easiest way to do it.

But... you also have to change the text file, so the message displayed when you mouse over the building is different. That's located in your localization pack. In the English version, it's under campaign_localised_strings.loc. The lines you want to change start with *building_restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    This mechanic is located in a script, in data.pack, under campaigns -> main_attila -> sands -> military_building_locking.lua.

You can adjust the numbers there; you should see lines in that script for each of the level 5 buildings, with the "75" number. You can change that number; that's the easiest way to do it.

But... you also have to change the text file, so the message displayed when you mouse over the building is different. That's located in your localization pack. In the English version, it's under campaign_localised_strings.loc. The lines you want to change start with *building_restriction.
    Thanks. Which tool should I use?

You can do it all in PFM. You can change the text files in the Assembly Kit, but I think you have to edit the script outside the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    You can do it all in PFM. You can change the text files in the Assembly Kit, but I think you have to edit the script outside the kit.
    Thanks again. Found PFM and the lines. But it won't let me change the values. I just get a generic windows sound and nothing happens. Is there another tool that allows me to edit it? or is there an option in PFM that I need to turn on?

I guess you've never made a mod before? Check out some basic modding tutorials, like Magnar's stuff on youtube or some of the posts in the Rome 2 workshop forum here. Most Rome 2 modding tutorials still apply for Attila, especially the basic stuff.

Here, I think your issue is that you're trying to edit the data.pack directly. PFM won't let you do that, so you don't mess with the original game files. What you need to do is create a new mod, and copy the scripts and tables from the original files into the mod.

Use EditSF to open your save file. Use previous guides about changing buildings. Find out what the building is called (att_bld_...). Put it in the region you want it.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Duplicate threads merged.

victor122, in future please refrain from posting the same thread in more than one location. If you ever post somewhere incorrectly, a friendly Moderator will move your thread for you. Duplicate threads clutter up the forums.

Cheers,
    Frunk

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Duplicate threads merged.

victor122, in future please refrain from posting the same thread in more than one location. If you ever post somewhere incorrectly, a friendly Moderator will move your thread for you. Duplicate threads clutter up the forums.

Cheers,
    Frunk
    Sorry. Won't happen again