Thread: The original thread

Default Re: The original thread

Quote Originally Posted by pyros666 View Post
    Hi, are there any plans to reintroduce settlement growth in the mod? I really miss being able to update cities and castles as they grow.
    There's issues with that that I'm not sure can be dealt with, but maybe eventually. You will be able to upgrade the buildings in a settlement to turn them into economic or military powerhouses, just not change the size of the walls, for now.

Hello I have a problem. The game always crashes when i try to fight against rebel elephant units as the tomb kings faction. I tried playing the game trough steam and the warhammer launcher in the mod files but both times it crashed. Also i wanna know if there is anyway to have diplomats as the tomb kings. I know they are skeletons and all but they can have merchants and spys and factions like the ogres have diplomats too.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey dude, welcome to the forum
    I'd suggest that the elephant problem will be addressed in the next patch, not sure on the diplomat option.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

OK thanks. I just avoid them until the next patch comes in.

Currently many agents are missing for some factions. They'll all have all of them in the next version.

Little doubt about the installation:

"Step 2: Unrar the mod using either WinRar, 7zip, or an equivalent extraction program able to handle .rar files. You should end up with a folder named COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times containing more folders and the files warhammer.bat and configuration.cfg. If it contains another folder called COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times, use the one that contains the warhammer.bat and configuration.cfg files."

Does that mean that I have to put the patch folder inside the "mods" folder? because doing so doesn't ask me to overwrite anything :/

Or should I put the patch 1.1 folder inside COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by obippo View Post
    Little doubt about the installation:

"Step 2: Unrar the mod using either WinRar, 7zip, or an equivalent extraction program able to handle .rar files. You should end up with a folder named COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times containing more folders and the files warhammer.bat and configuration.cfg. If it contains another folder called COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times, use the one that contains the warhammer.bat and configuration.cfg files."

Does that mean that I have to put the patch folder inside the "mods" folder? because doing so doesn't ask me to overwrite anything :/

Or should I put the patch 1.1 folder inside COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the great mod.
    Look in the patch folder, there's a folder named data. Make that data folder become the same folder as the data folder in the BoTET folder.

Hi everyone, how can I get something like a event list in this game? I play Vampire to 50th turn and nothing special happen except I get 2 heros with Expert Necro skill (still dont know why). btw, this game is great.

Quote Originally Posted by hoang_fox View Post
    Hi everyone, how can I get something like a event list in this game? I play Vampire to 50th turn and nothing special happen except I get 2 heros with Expert Necro skill (still dont know why). btw, this game is great.
    And ruin the surprises? There's very few linear structured events. For that, I suggest you try COW 1.5.1 or COW 1.6 beta, which has a lot more on rails narrative and things guaranteed to happen at certain turns.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    And ruin the surprises? There's very few linear structured events. For that, I suggest you try COW 1.5.1 or COW 1.6 beta, which has a lot more on rails narrative and things guaranteed to happen at certain turns.
    Hello WhiffOfGrapeshot, that is ok with me. I just want prepare for some surprise stuff like alien invasion. I get some questions:
    1. I play Vampire. A lot of my Dread-Heroes turn to Chivalry when they are in some well development city of men faction. Is there another way to keep their dread point except keep go attack and kill. Do I need destroy some men faction building?
    2. How to level up Expert Necromancy skill? My heroes somtimes lv up from basic to advance by hire zombie, get skull staff after battle but they never turn to Expert skill. I know this is so powerfull skill and u guy need keep balance in game. Is there a way except cheating?
    3. Here is a stupid question and plz dont mad at me about it. What is main differrent between CoW and BoTET? I didnt find in here or modb.

Hello WhiffOfGrapeshot, that is ok with me. I just want prepare for some surprise stuff like alien invasion. I get some questions:
    1. I play Vampire. A lot of my Dread-Heroes turn to Chivalry when they are in some well development city of men faction. Is there another way to keep their dread point except keep go attack and kill. Do I need destroy some men faction building?
    2. How to level up Expert Necromancy skill? My heroes somtimes lv up from basic to advance by hire zombie, get skull staff after battle but they never turn to Expert skill. I know this is so powerfull skill and u guy need keep balance in game. Is there a way except cheating?
    3. Here is a stupid question and plz dont mad at me about it. What is main differrent between CoW and BoTET? I didnt find in here or modb.
    1 and 2 are a matter of traits, which aren't finished being worked on. Not sure, they're mostly still like CoW.
    For 3, the main differences are all the new factions, units, mechanics, AI, massively larger map, changed music, and far less scripting. CoW focuses on the now retconned Storm of Chaos campaign from 2004, with lots of scripts and the factions that directly took part in that, while BoTET is a more general Warhammer Fantasy game with all the major factions playable and starting in their lore accurate homelands, with no emphasis on any particular narrative other than what's always presented in the lore (HE and DE fighting, Archaon wanting to invade, Greenskins flooding into the civilized lands, etc.). I suggest trying both, they're in separate mod folders so you can have them both installed.

1 and 2 are a matter of traits, which aren't finished being worked on. Not sure, they're mostly still like CoW.
    May be i should ask to CoW forum.

For 3, the main differences are all the new factions, units, mechanics, AI, massively larger map, changed music, and far less scripting. CoW focuses on the now retconned Storm of Chaos campaign from 2004, with lots of scripts and the factions that directly took part in that, while BoTET is a more general Warhammer Fantasy game with all the major factions playable and starting in their lore accurate homelands, with no emphasis on any particular narrative other than what's always presented in the lore (HE and DE fighting, Archaon wanting to invade, Greenskins flooding into the civilized lands, etc.). I suggest trying both, they're in separate mod folders so you can have them both installed.
    Thank. That information is enough for me.
    I see some weird stuff about AI, not sure that is a bug or not: I just destroyed 2 men factions and 2 Chaos factions without invasion their home town because they sent their troop include their King( may include the Heir) to attack my land. And I just defeat them. Is that normal?

I see some weird stuff about AI, not sure that is a bug or not: I just destroyed 2 men factions and 2 Chaos factions without invasion their home town because they sent their troop include their King( may include the Heir) to attack my land. And I just defeat them. Is that normal?
    It can happen. We're working on making it a lot harder to happen by setting all factions to Teutonic and giving them all recruitable generals, so they can only die if you kill all their generals or take all their cities, but it's always a risk that the AI will just send their generals off to die faster than they can get new ones.

It can happen. We're working on making it a lot harder to happen by setting all factions to Teutonic and giving them all recruitable generals, so they can only die if you kill all their generals or take all their cities, but it's always a risk that the AI will just send their generals off to die faster than they can get new ones.
    Thank you for your help and your patience with my E XD
    Have a nice day

Hello,
    Is the patch released yet? Or we need still to wait? How long?

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by nonnob3 View Post
    Hello,
    Is the patch released yet? Or we need still to wait? How long?
    "Waiting" is the secret word .

Senator

Hey, quick question. I have patched everything correctly and was playing through an empire campaign.
    I closed the game and now that I have reopened it, starting a quick or a custom battle causes the game to CTD.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Hey, quick question. I have patched everything correctly and was playing through an empire campaign.
    I closed the game and now that I have reopened it, starting a quick or a custom battle causes the game to CTD.
    try deleting the geography TXT file in your COW botet folder
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I have a question regarding units for the undead factions.

I noticed that the undead units have extremely high stamina (which I am assuming is there to simulate the fact that undead don't tire out), but the unit card will still eventually go through the usual stamina decrease (i.e. fresh->winded->tired->etc.). Can this be changed to lock stamina at fresh for undead units?

If It can't be changed, is there a way to negate the effects of the stamina decrease?

Quote Originally Posted by MobiSev View Post
    I have a question regarding units for the undead factions.

I noticed that the undead units have extremely high stamina (which I am assuming is there to simulate the fact that undead don't tire out), but the unit card will still eventually go through the usual stamina decrease (i.e. fresh->winded->tired->etc.). Can this be changed to lock stamina at fresh for undead units?

If It can't be changed, is there a way to negate the effects of the stamina decrease?
    Nope, no way to selectively turn it completely off as far as I'm aware. Consider it part of the crumbling mechanic we can't fully implement, either.