View Poll Results: Should factions have negative traits too?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

83 84.69%
  • No

15 15.31%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Faction Trait Discussion Thread

Default Re: Faction Trait Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lucem Mundum View Post
    @Danishmend

I think you are focusing too much on military bonuses, for example for Khwarezm I would remove the "Fierce Resistance" trait since the Mongol invasion didn't start until around 1218 and many other people fiercely resisted the Mongols such as the Volga Bulgars, Rus, Cumans, etc so it's nothing unique. "Fierce Resistance" would actually work better as an edict. "Warriors of Faith" is kind of useless since there are only 3 small Crusader factions and chances are that they'll be wiped out by the Ayyubids. "Roman Subduers" is also useless in the long run. Finally the "Storm on Horseback" trait is extremely underpowered. I can't think of specific traits right now, but I would replace the current cultural trait with ​"Caravanserais" +10% from trade income.
    I didn't want it to be overpowered because I don't know how powerful those cultural traits will be, but I think there should be at least one military-based trait. "Caravanserais" trait sounds good and makes sense.

"Roman Subduers" was merely for campaign-balance, it is likely that Seljuks of Rum will be wiped out in early game. Like in MTW II vanilla, as far as I remember the Turks were usually one of the first factions to be wiped out, Byzantines alone could beat them in MTW 2 even before the Mongol Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    Would probably replace the second trait for Khwarazm. They weren't very liked in their own territory, since the mercenaries the Khwarazmshah used (which was the largest part of the khwarazmian army core) had a reputation for brutality when taking territory or repressing revolts.

From The Seljuks and the Khwarazm Shahs.
    Ok, that's reasonable.
    Last edited by Danishmend; November 24, 2016 at 08:40 AM.

Bulgaria Faction Trait

Maybe:
    Cavalry: - 5% upkeep of Cavalry units & +5% army movement range
    Bulgarian Culture: +5/10 faster spreading of Bulgarian Culture in occupied territories & +5 Public Order
    Silk Road: +20% trade income

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

disagree with silk road,agree with bulgarian culture,cavalry trait is too minor to have any effect(maybe better trait would be -20% upkeep for mercenaries).And negative trait should be extremely low loyalty of bolyars

Libertus

Thank you, one of the small minority of level headed bulgarians on this forum.

The loyalty of the aristocracy in medieval times was always low, so pretty much all fractions should have this trait. About Silk Road Bulgarian was on the silk road and was trading with silk, so I think that this trait is historically accurate and will give some uniqueness. But I agree with you about the Cavalry trait.

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

well bulgaria should have extremely low loyalty of nobles because there were a lot of assasinations of bulgarian rulers,including 1 of the best,Tzar Kaloyan.And silk road would suit better other factions like Nicea,Turks,Khwarezmian Empire or even Mongols

"well bulgaria should have extremely low loyalty of nobles because there were a lot of assasinations of bulgarian rulers,including 1 of the best,Tzar Kaloyan."
    Seriously there were a lot of assassinations in almost every country, including in the royal families. For example the Tudors and there are many more.It's nothing unique for Bulgaria. About the silk road I think that it will be nice if many nations have this trait.

Libertus

Man, i like what i am reading from both of you.

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

well every faction must have negative trait and i think low loyalty of nobles suit bulgaria best.Every faction must have unique traits so i disagree that 1 trait should be given to several factions

As I told you before the low loyalty of the Bulgarian nobles isn't something unique or extreme. It's absolutely normal for this time period and there were nations with more assassinations than Bulgaria. This trait is useless and if such trait exist in the mod pretty much every fraction should have it. About the 1 trait that could be given to several factions I personally think that this is a nice idea, because for example the silk road was going through many nations. Also the Silk Road trait wasn't my idea, I saw it from Caucasian Iberia he originally give it to Bulgaria. I didn't agree with some of them, but I liked that one.

Please don't turn this into Bulgaria Second Tsardom thread v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Giovanni View Post

Kingdom of England: Yeomen (Faster experience gain for bowmen, archery ranges provide food)

{replacing Pruteni}
    I think that it should be changed to +3 experience for archer recruits because as many of you may know, there was archery laws in England from the mid-13th century which were decreed by Henry III. "citizens, burgesses, free tenants, villeins and others from 15 to 60 years of age" were obliged to be armed, and those with land worth more than £2 with a bow. About 100 years later every peasant was required to practice with a bow on Sunday and on holidays.

Also, I don't think that they should produce food because you needed a permit to hunt (which was quite expensive) and it is believed that the arrows used by obligatory archers in the 13th century were blunt.

Lord Giovanni hasn't been active in forever to help you with that question (I haven't met the guy). However, I think the focus of archery is best applied with Warman's edict, and possibly propose an additional amount of Longbowmen unit variety with England.

Dom1no's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    Please don't turn this into Bulgaria Second Tsardom thread v2.0
    I agree with Sly. Guys please discuss these things on the bulgarian faction thread

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

sorry for spam

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567