Thread: Wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming

Default Wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming

I've been looking on amazon and a few other websites for wireless keyboards and mice. I plan to use solely for gaming as that is all I use my desktop pc for.

I don't necessarily need a "gaming" keyboard but just one that functions well, is full sized, light in weight and has good response time. I saw a few "gaming" ones with decent reviews and then some logitech wireless keyboards with good ratings but couldnt get a handle on anyone using them for gaming. Any one have experience or insight on this?

As far as wireless "gaming" mice go, I saw this one on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gami...ng+mouse&psc=1

Its a logitech and seems to have the best reviews. Will I notice a difference while gaming? Most of my fps gaming is done on my xbox 1 so I'm not hugely worried about speed. I do seldom play cs:go but other than that its mostly adventure games with x box controller or rts/4x/rpg games that I play on my PC.

I saw another razer that looked cool and is a more minimalist approach to gaming mouse than the logitech. https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Orochi-...s+gaming+mouse

I cant decide, need some input. What do you think?

Default Re: Wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming

Wireless peripherals for gaming are not a good idea if you are a competitive gamer.

Now personally I consider myself to be a competitive gamer baving played CSGO SC2 and LOL at a high level. Personally I never had issues with wireless peripherals or input lag, but there is no denying that it could be there or that you might run into interference issues. There are a ton of horror stories.

Even for a Global Elite, Grandmaster or Challenger level imo wired vs wireless wont be a dealbreaker. But if you are after the most reliable performance, stick with wired.

I myself run wired peripherals for my desktop and wireless mechanical keyboard and logitech Mx Master mouse for my Surface Pro.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Why would you want a wireless keyboard/mouse? Not that I'm against it but if you're a gamer you shouldn't mind it as you never notice the wire unless you're looking at your PC under your desk. Right now I'm using a logitech g910 orion spark (wired) and g502 proteus core mouse (wired). Both very good (Definitely a step up above my old g710+ and g500). Note that logitechs warranty service is amazing - they upgraded my g500 to a g502 solely because it had a frayed cable for free, and even shipped it for free.

As for the keyboard (g710+) the keycaps broke unfortunately, so I wasn't too impressed. I had to buy my own custom keycaps. However, with the g910 it seems they went all out on top of their usual gear with the keycaps being better. Some people don't like them (different to help you type/be less likely to screw up) but I do. It takes some getting used to but once you do, they help you a lot. I've heard good things about ducky keyboards as well.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Well thats just it...I game through a 48 inch tv screen which is on a long dresser at the foot of my bed. Then to one side of my bed I have a desk with my laptop on it. The chair from that desk I turn to face the tv, then place the mouse and pad down to my right on the desk and then have the keyboard in my lap as I face the tv. Its actually a comfortable setup and more versatile than being at a totally stationary desk but since I dont have a keyboard tray for my desktop its kind of a mess of wires. In this same room I have my modem, wireless router, my xbox one, my desktop pc and a cable box, then a wired CAT 6 connection for internet for each of my devices. I've since cleaned up all those other wires with zip ties but the keyboard and mouse wire that stretch across kind of irk me. Plus if I ever have to get up or want to plug my headphones into the desktop then there is just more of a mess of wires. Not to mention my cat wants to play with the two dangling wires from my mouse and keyboard as it is. I also like to leave my desktop on sleep but again because of the cat I put in sleep, then unplug the keyboard and mouse and slide them in my keyboard drawer on my desk. If they were wireless I could just leave them in the drawer when I'm not present instead of unplugging every time I leave my apartment.

I just ordered a tv stand with 3 storage spots underneath.... one for cable box, one for xbox and the 3rd I will put the desktop there if it fits. I'm living in a small 3 bedroom apartment at the moment so this is what I have to work with. I understand I could lose some functionality with wireless but was wondering if anyone had success and no noticeable diminshed performance using a wireless setup.

if you insist on it then yeah, most likely you won't have any problems. I say go for it if you really want.Currently, Logitech makes the best mouse sensors with zero acceleration.

Wireless Mechanical Keyboard
    Razer Mamba

This is what I use for my Surface Pro at the moment, and I have certainly used both for gaming, ran into some interference problems, but for the most part it performed beautifully. At my Desktop I have a Das Keyboard 4 and a Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Though I do prefer Deathadders as far as the shape is concerned.

Thanks all for the input.

After consideration I think I'm going to try a wireless gaming mouse in the 10-20 dollar range that has a good review rating on amazon and see how that works out for me. If I dont see any issues after prolonged use I will upgrade to a razer, logitech or equivalent wireless model. At this time I do most of my FPS(shooter) gaming on my xbox1 so I'm not worried about speed so much as I mostly play Civ 3,5 and 6, Total War, COH 2 and a few rpgs that I use keyboard and mouse for. Also some action/adventure games that I use my xbox controller for pc with.

As long as I can at tleast get rid of one of my many extra cords I will be happy. I think im going to go with this model, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018FHB29M?th=1, its a "Habor" gaming mouse so I know its off brand, but it has a lot of positive reviews and I think it will be a good test to see how wireless gaming mice work for me.

Try out some mouse shapes in a store before deciding on a purchase.

Be sure to disable USB selective suspend setting in your Control Panel - Power Options - Preferred power plan - Advanced settings - USB settings.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Be sure to disable USB selective suspend setting in your Control Panel - Power Options - Preferred power plan - Advanced settings - USB settings.

What exactly does this do??

Quote Originally Posted by gradeAhaze View Post
    What exactly does this do??
    It can turn off/put your USB device in a suspend/idle mode. Some users have had issues with their USB devices not responding or working properly due to this setting being turned on.

This "should be" useful in portable computers, since it helps conserve battery power.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    It can turn off/put your USB device in a suspend/idle mode. Some users have had issues with their USB devices not responding or working properly due to this setting being turned on.

This "should be" useful in portable computers, since it helps conserve battery power.
    Think this might be a reason to an issue I've had; thanks!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory