Thread: how many STeam tanks are allowed in the campaign for empire facrion?

Default how many STeam tanks are allowed in the campaign for empire facrion?

Was just reading their were only 10 ever built and only 8 left. Heck they were not even included in one edition of games workshops army.lists. So they are rare as hens teeth. So should they be in total war as well. Personally I think they are abominable and would not be upset if I never had to build one.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Default Re: how many STeam tanks are allowed in the campaign for empire facrion?

I don't think there is a cap on them but given the cost of them you'd be pushing it to field more than 8 I would say. I'm not sure what to think about them. I've used them once or twice and they get bogged down in melee and worn down as far as I can see.

Default Re: how many STeam tanks are allowed in the campaign for empire facrion?

I only use one with my siege general who leads a battery of 9 cannons and 9 mortars. Only when ive united the empire though and im filthy rich.

I had a campaign where I was 200 turns in as the Empire and was not yet able to field any of the tanks due to financial shortages and the inability to gain access to them, but I always dreamed and planned on invading Sylvania with a tank, it ended up being anticlimatic as due to budget issues I only invaded it with a fiery wizard who led two half-armies that followed him to victory in fort Oberstyre and Templehof.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

Currently fielding 4. Lining a total of 6 armies.

Turn 130 have re-colonized all destroyed settlements between me and the UD. One army equipped with a steam tank is laying waste to Sylvania fighting against tough Carstein stacks. 3 armies are up north defending other elector counts against the current onslaugh of norscans, beastmen and Chaos. Two of those armies have a steam tank.

The last two armies are parked in the newly aquired akendorf (the border princes got mauled by the GS) keeping the orcs on a leach after they wiped out the dwaves.

In all cases the steam tank is a vital element of my battle line kiting a lot of units to them enabling my weak swordsman a chance to fight back.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

There's no limit, but for the cost. I had a tank battalion in my last Empire Campaign consisting of 5 tanks with a general attached. They are brutal and can smash an enemy offensive if used properly. I always miss them whenever I'm playing with another faction.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Well, lore wise only 12 tanks were ever built. All of them unique. And in the "current" time (that's it before Crap of Crapmar that I doesn't even acknowledge exists) only 8 Steam Tanks remain operational, the lost 4 having been destroyed during testing or in battle.

I guess the game could have a 12 cap, but maybe it doesn't have any, only economic constrains as already said.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.