Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: EB v1.21c Alex - Alexander Transformation - Alex Section

Default Re: EB v1.21 Alex - Getting better

Quote Originally Posted by avrelyi kotta View Post
    Dapacem

you have not tried it on the way EB \ preferences in a text file "preferences" to adjust the desired resolution?
    I think he means to set the AI to "prefer naval invasions" in the preferences.

Did that and it didnt help, you see my problem isnt that I wouldnt be able to get the resolution I want, I can accomplish that but when I do it the captured screen of the game moves to the right and leaves a small back space because of it while cutting off a small part of the game not the down or upper part just the part on the side. A rectangle

Then suggest the idea of solving the problem can not.
    In an extreme case, it helped the decision described above.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    706 downloads the latest version since now

About the release i need to find valuable time to work on this, sorry guys life is hard.
    where i get the latest version?
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

When is it coming out? I'm so excited for those new Roman units!!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I had almost prepared them for new year but i lost the files due to a Power outage. Don't worry nothing that can't be recostructed. Also note that i am now in exams period.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

That's so unlucky! But I understand, I'll wait for them before I start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Without Wings View Post
    I am having some trouble. This is how I have installed the mod in my Steam version of the game.

1. Installed EB 1.1 to RTW Alexander
    2. Installed EB 1.20 to RTW Alexander
    3. Downloaded and unpack EBv1.21 Alex.rar to RTW Alexander
    4. Changed launch params in Steam to -mod:eb -nm -show_err -noalexander -ne

The game launches fine and the splash screen displays the EB1.21 watermark like it should, but it I get an error. "Generic Error Building db, unable to find ambient with id 'egyptian_city_wall_straight'" is the specific error I receive. Do I need the 1.20 patches? I was under the impression that those patches were not necessary.
    Wait!
    Redoit!

1.Install EB 1.1 to a folder of your own choice!, in this case Maximus_Mouse)
    2.Install EB 1.2 (see above)
    3.Move the content of the Maximus_Mouse to Alexander folder (overwrite everything!!!!!!!!!!)
    4.Unzip the 1.21 Alex to Alexander folder (overwrite)
    5.Done!!! (dont forget to set AA_OFF and to set the building effects to medium/high due to high interference with steam-account that slugs the
    experience down (as to at least the RS.3.1 whereas you can play steam-Alexander without a steam-account, that alone is marvellous,

If just the modders will do that with Steam-Alexander it would be fabolous...anyway off for another 8 years...

Did you add Historical Legions or Religion Effects in the New Version of EB? I Play with Alex and no Religion i saw

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    Did you add Historical Legions or Religion Effects in the New Version of EB? I Play with Alex and no Religion i saw
    Νο
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

I have the steam version of Rome 1 and I ran into a problem; shortcuts for steam games when you click on properties does not have a destination tab so I can't add the -mod:eb -nm -show_err -I don't really know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by david-gb View Post
    I have the steam version of Rome 1 and I ran into a problem; shortcuts for steam games when you click on properties does not have a destination tab so I can't add the -mod:eb -nm -show_err -I don't really know what to do
    Try steam -> rome total war -> properties -> set launch options -> -mod:eb -nm -show_err

Thanks for your response, hopefully with some luck we will get to the bottom of this problem

So I typed -mod:eb -nm -show_err in the launch option. Was I mean to add anything in front of it

When I launched the game instead of coming up with the Alexander opening screen it loaded up the one from Barbarian Invasion and then it came up with the error message "Failed to read censored word dictionary file:data// chat_filter.san

Any ideas?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

So I typed -mod:eb -nm -show_err in the launch option. Was I mean to add anything in front of it

Any ideas?
    Try this -mod:eb -nm -show_err -noalexander
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Thanks for everyone's help. I can report progress but still not working properly.

Now EB loads and I reach the start game screen. I choose the main campaign but no matter which nation I choose when I click the arrow to start the game it sends me back to the previous page. Then when I exist the game I find an error message saying;

Script Error in EB/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 18, column 1
    could not find region name 'Abiabene'

to add to my previous message (I don't know how to edit previous posts)
    the error message finished saying "could not find region name 'Abiabene' in stringtable"

Also several units for several factions (in custom battle) don't have a unit pic it is just a white box. If I to start a battle with one of those units in the armies then it has the same result as if I tried to start a campaign; its just sends me back to the previous . If I don't use one of those units the battle works as normal.

I am beginning to think that several of my files, or parts of files, are missing

I might no why...when I tried to extract the new files for the new patch it did not work properly. It created a new EB file instead of merging the new files with the old. So I had to do it manually. I guess that did not work.

DESCR_REGIONS.TXT

I have attached the unedited descr_regions file. Try replacing this in the folder. If that doesn't work, you might need to reinstall as it sounds like some of your files may be corrupted.

I am very pleased to report that I have now got the game working. Thank you to everyone who helped, your the best.

I look forward to playing this mod again, I played it a lot years ago.

Now if will excuse me I have a rebel town that needs to learn the benefits of being part of my empire

icenii's Avatar Civis

I am very pleased to report that I have now got the game working. Thank you to everyone who helped, your the best.

I look forward to playing this mod again, I played it a lot years ago.

Now if will excuse me I have a rebel town that needs to learn the benefits of being part of my empire
    How did you get it working as i encountered the same problem as you, although i have a working copy of RTW 1.21, it was strange as there didn't appear to be anything wrong with the particular file in question as it's present and exactly the same as the 1 in the RTW version.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

hi Icenii

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it from scratch, that seemed to fix the problem.

What are you having a problem with? Is it the Script Error in EB/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 18, column 1
    could not find region name 'Abiabene' problem?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast