Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10355051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1314

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Icon5 is there exist happy client mod for rome 2 ?

in this page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Happy-Clients available happy client mod. is there any mod for rome 2 in that site?

Default Re: is there exist happy client mod for rome 2 ?

waiting for help heyyyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Quote Originally Posted by ink197 View Post
    im new to the site, but I kinda need mod support? is this the place to be? haha
    Depends on what support. Also it seems expertise is becoming conspicuous by its absence.

So another mod request, apart from removing the silly pigeon feathers from the Hastati helmets. I have videoed dozens of battles, and open battles last between 2-3 minutes (at most) from the moment the two armies make contact. Occasionally there's a unit left here and there running about but the battle on the main line, if the AI has brought a decent army at all, is over in a minute or two. Naval battles sometimes last about a minute sometimes more but rarely more than two minutes. So to get material from my videos sometimes I have to play the battle several times and even then I can hardly get more than 3 minutes because you can see other units you have already seen, the material is too limited if battles last a minute or so.

So no pigeon feathers sticking out of helmets or a mod that makes battles longer, at least a few minutes long, either would be good.

Griwild's Avatar Foederatus

I haven't played R2 since patch 4 and just came back. Back in the day I was very frustrated, cause it didn't feel as "good" to me as Rome I and Shogun II did. So I'm giving it a try again and before I start to play with any complete overhauls (like DeI) I'd like to play the vanilla game.
    For that purpose I'm looking for a graphical mod that changes the visuals of units - I really like how DeI units look like, but I don't wanna play DeI yet, cause I want to get a feeling for vanilla first.
    Which are the best mods for vanilla that only change the visuals of units and maybe enviroment visuals (I already have GEM, Gerula and/or Aztecs)?

I'm currently looking for a mod that affect the combat and campaign to make it more enjoyable but still base on vannila unit, not make any new stuff, and a a reskin or improve skin of vannila unit only, not affect stat or make new unit

Icon5 DEI army limit mod compatibility

Is there a mod that removes the army limit that is compatible with DEI?

I had a really great combination of mods, but I want to play with those settings in a DEI campaign.

When I downloaded DEI, the game crashed during start up.

The other mods were: Improved AI on the campaign map, better AI recruitment, more aggressive AI, and the ocean pack. Does anyone know if there are mods that do all this that are compatible with DEI?

The most important one for my play style is the army limit mod.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by titus36; September 21, 2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

Default What mods do you guys recommend?

Hey guys.

Having trouble getting DEI 1.1e to work. Having crashes between every turn and such. I'm currently using a combination of Radius, Traits and Toadies and a few small tweaks, and it's quite good - but I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on some better content.

Discounting DEI for now, what do you guys recommend for Roman era historical accuracy and authenticity? Extra points for mods that add interesting new mechanics or depth to the grand strategy elements.

Thanks!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    Although I am not an expert, I guess all Greek units at that time were fairly similar, either hoplites or peltasts. Presumably some had better equipment or training than others but variety was probably not a big thing then. I remember their Rome II colours are different according to faction. Maybe someone with more imagination has managed to make something more out of them, though.

I also have a request and it is this: I finished an entire Rome II campaign with basically Rorarii and Hastati as my main units plus the odd Principes and Socii appearing at the very end. Just as I was about to finish I started getting some legionaries. So I kept playing, after victory, so I could fight a battle with legionaries but no one wanted to fight the Romans by then. Everyone was suing for peace. I had to declare a war just so I can watch some legionaries in battle. Now, I do believe that the Roman army had no Rorarii at the periods covered by this game. I understand they had Velites, Hastati and Principes in the legions. Even Velites were at first hard to get, Principes was practically my final best unit in the campaign. Is there a mod in which one can fight with more traditional-looking legionaries, maybe starting from a slightly later period or only having early legion types available for a short initial time?

Alternatively, is there a mod that at least removes the silly bird feathers from some of the helmets of the Hastati and Principes? I have searched and searched for museum pieces or images and some of the early legionaries (of the Hastati kind) had plumed helmets but I somehow do not necessarily think that by plumes we mean bird feathers. Horse tail plumes are also plumes and evidence for the use of those exists. Wearing bird feathers in battle does not make you look taller or more fearsome, at least that is not what I would think about a guy with three pigeon feathers sticking out of his helmet. The only effect on his enemies would be that they might die from laughing.

Maybe I am wrong, as I said I am no expert, but I wonder if bird feathers is a misunderstanding of what was meant then by plumes. Even if I am wrong, please a mod that removes pigeon feathers from helmets? There must be one.
    Polybius mentions black and purple feathers I'm pretty sure.

I want a mod that makes the units properly march together. In "Human Factor (in battles)" mod there is a feature that do this, but I do not want the other changes and when I looked in PFM I didn't know what to look for.

So what are some of the absolutely must have mods? It's best if the mod doesnt increase the difficult because I am new to Rome 2.
    Last edited by soluuloi; October 10, 2016 at 09:18 AM.

I am looking for a mod that allows your troops to march, duplicating the same spacing and position as they have on initial deployment. What I mean is if I deploy my troops in a certain way and then click start battle and click the first point I want to move to then the troops will end up with the same position and spacing when they reach that spot like in Rome 1. What I mean is I am looking for a mod that allows you to deploy your troops with spacing between them and then starting the battle and clicking to move forwards without the carefully placed maniple separation becoming a solid line with no spacing like in the stock game.

I am looking for a mod that makes the AI ALWAYS march out into the field. I know I've seen a mod for Attila that does this (if anyone know if it still exists, please link it because I can't find it) and I'm wondering if there is a mod like that for Rome II or if I could make it myself by PFM, just need to know what table to change.

EDIT: I found "CAI_TMS_TASK_GENERATOR_SALLY_OUT_BEFORE_SETTLEMENT_LOSS " but I don't know what to change and I only want them to sally forth from settlements, not from capitals/walled settlements.
    Last edited by Korpjävel; October 12, 2016 at 07:09 PM.

Icon1 Size of cities on campaign map

Are there any mods out there that decrease the size of the cities on the campaign map? I would much prefer cities the same size as in the first Rome and earlier total war games, they are way too big for the map in my opinion and I think it makes the overall scale feel much smaller.

Icon9 General Stars on Campaign Map

I really used to like how you could see a generals stars (the command level) on the campaign map in earlier total war games. Are there any mods that do this for Rome 2?

Default Game of thrones mod

Hello,

Where can I find and download the latest mode release of game of thrones?

Thanks

Default Can I drag units to 1 rank deep?

I like the option of dragging a unit as wide as possible. Is there a mod out there that allows that?

Default Re: 1 turn technology

Quote Originally Posted by lillikonko View Post
    Salve. I'm looking for a mod that gives the player but NOT the AI 1 turn technology. If you know about such a mod, please send me in its direction c:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...logy-Rome-only

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Looking for an agent mod

Does anyone know of any mods that add male spies and female champions to the agent pool?

Default Rome 2 mod suggestions? I want modestly-refined vanilla gameplay / historical accuracy.

I played alot of Rome 1 vanilla, and then the Rome 1 mod Extended Greek Mod, and that mod I felt was fantastic.

It did not reinvent gameplay or introduce new mechanics, but merely edited unit rosters to make them historically accurate.

I PREFER to play Barbarian factions, germania/gaul/iberia/dacia/etc.

With that in mind, what mod(s) would you veterans suggest for me?
    Last edited by piranha45; January 10, 2017 at 02:33 PM.

semperpietas's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Rome 2 mod suggestions? I want modestly-refined vanilla gameplay / historical accuracy.

That depends. If you want units with a mind towards historical accuracy, then it is Divide et Impera. However, if you don't want additional mechanics or some of the gameplay changes that DEI overhauls, then I'm not sure what to recommend.