Thread: Tips for Iberian factions?

Shock'n'Awe's Avatar Civis

Default Tips for Iberian factions?

It's so difficult, and annoying. I'm currently at war with the edetani and their army won't leave their coastal town. I try attacking them but when every single unit has a throwing spear and they're nearly twice my number because of funds, it feelsimpossible. With the greeks you have a whole host of strategies to beat them, but I can't find one here other than outnumbering them and accept using men as complete missile fodder.

Any tips or strategies I could employ? I don't like fighting as the barbarians because of the lack of armor and the tactics so maybe that's why Im having difficulty, or it could be the spears, I dont know.

And follow up question, what good are the lusitani and edetani for when compared to the arevaci, since they have better armor and melee infantry and cavalry?

Default Re: Tips for Iberian factions?

The problem I find in don v don violence is your infantry can't stand up to each other's charges. This means you always need to be attacking, never static defense. This is hard when outnumbered.

One way to deal with this is ambushes - there are lots of good traps to set up. Train that skill that gives you increased chance to hide/ambush (its also in a decent line for other skills) and avoid a commander who gets the -10% penalty. Then take out one full stack along with a bait unit -- I find a general + 4 slingers is a great support unit. Hide the main stack within ambush range, then put the little army into raiding or patrol. The AI will go for it almost every time, and you can ambush them away from their base and win easily.

Another workable tactic is the false center -- google my writeup on this site for more info.