Thread: Witch King of Angmar Need help Pls

Default Witch King of Angmar Need help Pls

Hey! So like many of you I love Lord of the Rings and am extremely excited for this mod. Recently after seeing your absolutely amazing units in video previews I decided I wanted to attempt modelling so I could see my favourite character (the Witch King of Angmar) in game and so 3 days ago I downloaded 3ds max 2014 30 day trial and was able to transfer the helm to Tweak. I am a complete novice with modelling and have a slight problem and where best to ask than here with so many great modders.

Here is a picture of the helm:

In 3ds Max is there a way to remove the front portion of the hood (where the front of the helmet is) and replace it with a dark abyss to make it more realistic to the movies as inside the Witch King's hood there was a black nothingness? Ik it's been done on TATW with nazgul. Anyone know how it's done?
    Also where do I download good textures? Currently I have one of rusty metal but im not sure I like it very much.

Default Re: Witch King of Angmar Need help Pls

this looks really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio (Latin) View Post
    Hey! So like many of you I love Lord of the Rings and am extremely excited for this mod. Recently after seeing your absolutely amazing units in video previews I decided I wanted to attempt modelling so I could see my favourite character (the Witch King of Angmar) in game and so 3 days ago I downloaded 3ds max 2014 30 day trial and was able to transfer the helm to Tweak. I am a complete novice with modelling and have a slight problem and where best to ask than here with so many great modders.

Also where do I download good textures? Currently I have one of rusty metal but im not sure I like it very much.
    For high definition textures you can try Poliigon.

---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

great work
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thanks for the texture location. Also glad you like it although the model isnt mine, it was made in 2007 and im just altering it a bit and adding textures then making it appear in game.
    Last edited by Centurio (Latin); February 04, 2017 at 12:23 PM.