Page 36 of 320 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445466186136 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Hi
    In my campaign, i crash when its the turn of Seleucid faction and always when its them... No error message but back office

Icenie campaign- Last version 1.2 + DEI Submod True Legions for True Romans.

I dont know how post my save so can you explain me plz? I know where is my save but i dont know how i post

@farrell have you reverified your game cache and tried it without submods?
    To post your save zip and attach it or upload it to another site and link it

@z3n yes I was trying the autosave. The most recent version is just the one from the main download thread. If you havent yet, try Reverifying your game cache in steam
    Last edited by Dresden; February 13, 2017 at 02:06 AM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

dacian elite falxman has a shield bug, the shield should appear on the back of soldier in combat and disappear at other time.

This is something that to me seems like a bug, correct me if I am wrong:

After the Marian reform dialog window had popped up I was immediatly able to build Late Principes in Rome, even though I had not researched the purple colored Marian upgrade tech. Now many turns later I am suddenly not able to recruit any more Late Principes, only the Early ones. I then researched the Marian upgrade tech and am now able to recruit Late Principes.

The upgrade tech should be researched as soon as possible - it should work for both polybian and marian reforms. If you don't research it, odd recruitment things will happen. Also, on the first turn of a reform you can often recruit both units due to the upgrade system.

Why don't you just give the upgrade tech to the player immediatly, why give the player the option of not researching if "odd" things (bugs?) are the result? I mean no offense, I am just trying to understand the purpose of this.

Because it doesn't work if you do that. For some reason the system requires you to actively research it and then it works, I have no idea why.

The purpose of it is to provide the ability to upgrade your previous reform troops to the next reform level. If we removed that, you would not be able to upgrade your existing armies.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by scipioafrianus View Post
    Why don't you just give the upgrade tech to the player immediatly, why give the player the option of not researching if "odd" things (bugs?) are the result? I mean no offense, I am just trying to understand the purpose of this.
    What Dresden said plus mod is showing you pop ups telling you to research it right away so why not follow them?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    What Dresden said plus mod is showing you pop ups telling you to research it right away so why not follow them?
    I must have missed that popup, I dont recall any popup telling me that I must research the upgrade reforms or else.... I should pay more attention to popups I guess I understand now that the game engine itself somehow requires the player to actively research it, and as of now it is not possible to auto enable a tech. So should I research the Imperial tech the same turn as the Imperial reforms are enacted?
    Last edited by scipioafrianus; February 13, 2017 at 03:05 PM.

You should research the upgrade techs immediately (or as soon as possible) - they are a mechanic that allows reforms to work properly.

If you want to wait on Imperial thats fine but I would research it before imperial hits.

okay that's great I will research it immediately. I know that there is a popup that says I should research it, but if I may suggest that the tooltip for the tech explicitly mention that it must be researched at once or else weird behavior may happen.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Fighting Celtic tribes ( Volcae etc. ), the Gaelaiche are described as "Light Spear Warriors" and the description ( from having a spy nearby and/or the detail description during a battle ) bears this out.

But the mouse-over on the battle map states "Heavy Spear Infantry" although the description is different as mentioned above.

Patrician

That is only for AI to consider.

I feel like we should remove that text since it seems to confuse people so often - since its really just to tell the AI how to use it and doesn't actually affect the unit's stats.

Patrician

Go for it

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I feel like we should remove that text since it seems to confuse people so often - since its really just to tell the AI how to use it and doesn't actually affect the unit's stats.
    Well, it confused me ( including KAM's initial response )
    I guess I wasn't around enough to have encountered it before and/or read an explanation. Sorry about that.

No worries, it confuses me too! Thats why I said maybe we should just remove the text. From my understanding its effectively there to tell the AI how to properly use the unit.

Player jacquouille la fripouille reports:
    fatal crash
    turn 132
    DeI 1.2 + sabmod DeI Hardcore 1.2
    Legend difficulty level
    AI turn, crash after the storming of the city by Libyan rebels
    Cash games tested for errors.
    Saves
    https://yadi.sk/d/FGKVsmQ53DzQkG

The phalanx (Syrakosai Philioi Epikouroi Phalangitai) doesn't have shields.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Playing as Edetani, the characters' speech references Gaul instead of Iberia.
    ( "I serve the people of Gaul" - a bit worrying when it's your own spy... )