Thread: control, influence and dominance

Default control, influence and dominance

Masters of the realm , i am quite new in playing TW attilia , there's much to learn , especially the family control influence system .

1) How to increase your influence in your clan as a leader? i realised there are pro and cons in high and low influence , but i seems to get /have my leader at the low end in every game.
    2) is it really important to have high influence or dominance during the game ?

3) Thanks .

Default Re: control, influence and dominance

1) The most basic way to increase influence is to assign your family members as a governors or generals. As governors, they gain influence points when building constructions are completed. This is the most secure and stable way to increase it, though slow if not using +influence household items. Being general can be quicker, but to gain huge amount of points, you need to be fighting battles in every turn. Obviously as a horde, this is easy. Your leader needs to have high influence to make certain decisions and if your generals have more influence than their ruler, they become disloyal. During early game, you should have your faction leader as a general (expect WRE) and have in deal most of the battles. When you have more regions and things calm down, you could make him a governor.

2) You can see your overall influence "rank" at the top of family tree tab. To make your life easier, you should keep it balanced, since it gives +2 loyalty to your generals. After some time you could raise it one rank higher, but thats about it. If you get too much influence, you get public order penalties, growth penalty, loyalty issues etc. etc. If you have low influence, public order penalty is changed to army integrity and tax penalty. These somewhat different in AoC.
    The most useful action your family members can do its "gain control". You use your characters influence points to gain control points. Its safest and easiest way to gain influence. I also found out that if you make marriage deals with other factions, mostly getting wifes from them, they have huge amount of influence points, ready to be used. This can change your standing in balance of power(?) suddenly.
    Last edited by Gronndar; April 21, 2017 at 12:25 PM.

wow .. thanks a lot ... this game is quite complex huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDeath View Post
    wow .. thanks a lot ... this game is quite complex huh ?
    Yes, it need maybe 1 or2 playthroughs, but in time you realize how to handle politics effectly. Though it can be annoying feature, I still like it. It adds something to campaign. It was kinda moodkiller for me, when I played warhammer and its campaign map is just barebones compared to Attil.a