Thread: VH/VH Let's play

Default VH/VH Let's play

Hi!

I started a new Let's play on youtube! My english not enough good to make commentary to my videos, so these videos are without commentaries.
    I started with my favorurite faction, Arche Seleukeia!
    I play on very hard/very hard to make the game more challanging!
    I make short videos, and I play small stack units because the crashes!
    I hope you will enjoy!

Default Re: VH/VH Let's play

The first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn9gAS3oAdM

Diary Entry 001 - 272 BC Summer
    Turn 001
    We have a huge empire with so many dangerous neighbours. We are war with the Ptolemaioi, and Pahlava is under our gates at Asaak. So first we have to reorganize our armies and take as many units as we can to the borders againts Pahlava and Ptolemaioi. In our short term we have to beat these two empire as soon as we can!
    We have to change our capital to the centre of the empire, to minimize the corruption and the public order. So I changed it from Antiocheia to Seleukeia!
    I let Attalos Pergamou Mysiakes in Sardis, ’cause he has some management skill, and Sardis has a good income! I hope he will gain some more management skill to make more money! Sardis is one of our 3 best mining settlements, which has more income than the other mining settlements! So we have to keep our eyes on these settlemements.
    We made an army in Anatolia led by Sarpedon Syriakos from Mazaka to take Side and expel the Ptolemaioi from Anatolia! There are some rebel settlements here too, but we have to concentrate to the Ptolemaioi and the Pahlava, and we hope we will have peace here until we will finished our job these empires! I hope Pontos will busy to beat these rebel settlements and keep the peace with us!
    Our diplomat Keraias Pergamou Mysiakes made a great deal with the Ptolemaioi. He sold our maps them and we got some money for it. We need every coin to feed our armies and the Ptolemaioi will be beaten in a short period.
    We made another army to take the Ptolemaioi settlement Sidon, from the units from Antiocheia and Damaskos. This settlement is only defended by 4 units, so we have to hurry before they make a huge garrison there!
    The units from Karkathiokerta and Edessa are needed to take Tarsos near Antiocheia. We have to recruit a phalanx unit at Antiocheia to provide some support this army.
    Antiochos Syriakos bring some reinforcements from Seleukia and Babylon. We need these units againts the Ptolemaioi. And we need Antiochos Syriakos and his influence and management skills too.
    Charax is far from our two frontline, so we sent the unnecesarry units from here to Gabai and we will disband them to raise the population there. Gabai is another important mining settlement! We have to raise the population up to 2000 to make better income from these mines!
    We sent our units from Susa and Ekbatana to support the war againts the Pahlava. I hope these units will arrive in time there, and I hope these units will be enough to push the Pahlava back.
    We made the same at Zadrakata and we started to train some spies here and Hekatompylos. These spies will be our eyes on this region and I hope they will help to open a settlement gate or just the counterspies actions.
    We sent Andromachos Syriakos from Persepolis to Karmana, which is another important mining settlement. So we need a good governor there to get better income and to adopt the expelled population.
    We sent all the unnecessary units from our Eastern settlements to the frontline againts the Pahlava.
    There is a huge army of Pahlava near Asaak, and we don’t have enough units to defend Asaak from them, so I brought all my units out and I destroyed all the possibly buildings in Asaak, to slow the Pahlava and made some money! We will retake this settlement after our reinforcements will arrive.
    We have two settlements far north-east which will be revolted, so we left these settlements and did the same method as we did at Asaak! We have to concentrate our armies againts the Pahlava. We dont have enough time and money to stop the unrest these settlements. So we let them to the Saka and the Baktria fight for it.
    We started to build a Conscription Center and Armory in Antiochei-Margiane to train some phalanx unit in the near future. It will be helpful againts the Pahlava! We lack of good infantry units in this region!
    We sent Achaios Syriakos with some units toward the capital of Pahlava, ’cause Nise hasn’t got walls and only defended with 5 units, so Achaios Syriakos with some mercenaries perhaps will be enough to take the settlement!
    Admiral Leon left the Aegen Sea, because we will need him to transport our units to the island of Salamis.
    So end this season without any battle!

Diary Entry 001 - 272 BC Summer – Turn 002
    We got „A man of Great Potential” and we need ervery unit by now, so we accepted him!
    So as we could wait Pahlava took Asaak! It wasn’t a surprise and we can handle it later. We have to patient. But the Pahlava didn’t stop, their army march to our borders. We need the reinforcements here as soon as it possible!
    Nisa is undefended. So we have the time to take a revenge to the Pahlava. The garrison is only 2 units (1 Persian Archers and 1 Pahlava family member).
    While we attacked Nisa East, our armies do the same West. Palmyrea and Bostra are well-defended by the rebels, so we will take it later. We focus on the Ptolemaioi with every units here. We sieged Sidon with a smaller army.
    There is a rebel army in the way our army which has to attack Tarsos. We don’t risk any unit unnecessary, so we have to wait the rainforcements to sweep this army out.
    Our diplomat made some business with the Pontos, so we had more money to hire mercenaries againts the Pahlava!
    So we attacked Nisa with a small army led by Achaios Syriakos. We hired some merceneries to make the siege easier and later we have to defend this settlement, ’cause a huge army of Pahlava (which is not far from Nisa) perhaps try to take it back from us. This siege maybe a little risky, but we have to make some casulties to the Pahlava, and we have prevent to make a big army with full of horse archers. And finally if we can keep this settlemet, we can train good horse archer units here!
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; June 06, 2017 at 08:53 AM.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I want to note there are not crashes due to units:

I make short videos, and I play small stack units because the crashes!
    This is not true.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    I want to note there are not crashes due to units:

This is not true.
    Maybe you right, I don't know. It's only my experience, while I'm playing in smaller stacks I think I got less creashes. But maybe it's just random and Im lucky now!

Here is the 2. part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bypgzd9r4bM

Diary Entry 002 - 272 BC Summer – Siege of Nisa – Turn 002
    This was our first battle. 247 men led by Achaios Syriakos againts 55 (+127 with their reinforcements) led by Arshák é Arshkánig. We have to hurry and take the settlement before the reinforcements arrive! They seperate their troops, and they let their Generals out of the city-centre, so we have rush their General and won’t let them to get back to the city-centre.
    We sorrounded their General unit and annihilate them. They command their archers out of the city-centre so we rush them too. They broke and fled to the centre! They reached the centre so we had a harder work to eliminate them.
    After we got the city-centre the reinforcements stopped. So we had to start to march againts them. As we started march on them they started to come again! They have a horse archer which cause a lot of problem, but we could beat them!
    After a long fight for positioning, they tried to reach the city-centre with their infantry units, but our phalanx unit stopped them and our cavalry units attacked them from behind! They broke and we could easily smash them.
    We won the battle, with a Clear Victory. We killed 179 men and lost only 64.
    We expelled the population to raise the population of the governed settlements like Karmana.

This belongs to the end of the 2nd video!
    Diary Entry 002 - 272 BC Summer – Turn 003
    We lost Marakanda and Alexandreai-Eschate ’cause of civil revolts. It wasn’t a surprise, we left these settlements alone, we don’t need them yet.
    The Pahlavan’s army left the territory of Nisa, but this army is really badass army with a lot of horse archers. This army will cause some problem while we made a good army to beat it. Some reinforcements units are arrived Nisa, but these units not enough good to put it on the battlefield againts Pahlavan’s army.
    Khiva made walls, so we don’t need to rush further. We have to make a decent army here.

And here the 3. video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz5Me1jL2R8

Diary Entry 003 - 272 BC Summer – Battle againts the rebels (1-0; 179-64) – Turn 003
    So Captain Palamedes the leader of the rebel hordes was in our way to took Tarsos. We merged some units in an army and attacked them. The enemy was 2 units of Hellenic Native Spearmen (123 men), while we had an Persian Archers, a Slinger, a Heavy Infantry and a phalanx unit on the battlefield (174 men).
    They took the highest place of the map, and we had to march on them. We separated our army and tried to use our ranged units to shoot them on the flank or behind. They tried to catch our infantry units and they gave their highest position to our ranged units, which started to shoot them from behind. Not so much later their units broke and we easily finished this battle.
    We killed 115 men and lost only 10.
    After the battle we got a good general with some management points, so this army got a general.

Episode 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWnvGQK7Z24

Diary Entry 004 - 272 BC Summer – Siege of Sidon (2-0; 194-74) – Turn 003
    Sidon defended only three units with 135 men, while we attack them with 348 men. We didn’t have any General unit in this fight, but we was so outnumbered, so we had to win this battle. The defender units was led by Agathokles Thikikos, and he has a General unit, a pahlanx unit and a skirmisher unit.
    At the beggining of the battle we took a small damage to their units with our ranged units, and we cleared the area behind the gate, so we could easily marched in. When we were in we made a phalanx wall and the other units tried to killed the Ptolemaioi skirmishers. The enemy general was so stupid and run into my spikes and his death.
    The rest of their army stay in the city-centre, so we did a trick to squeezed out their plalanx unit. So I sent one slinger unit behind the enemy and started to shoot them, after my phalanx unit arrived the other side of the city-centre.
    The Slingers made some damage on the enemy’s phalanx unit and they left the city-centre to kick my slingers butt, but while they tried to catch my slingers our phalanx units run through the city-centre and took the position to avoid the enemy to get back the centre.
    We killed 118 men and lost only 77.
    We enslaved the population, ’cause we need more money, to retrain our units here.

Episode 5: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=xMsvfsO8TEE

Diary Entry 005 - 272 BC Summer – Siege of Side (3-0; 312-151) – Turn 003
    The settlement of Side was without walls, so it was a great time to take it from the Ptolemaioi. The garrison was 256 men, with 2 Hellenic Native Spearmen units, 2 Hellenic Skirmishers units and a General unit (Menelaos Salaminos). Our forces was an army with 278 men and it was led by Sarpedon Syriakos.
    We caught their 2 units out of the city centre, we sorrounded them and easily broke them. While we march on the centre they attacked our phalanx units, first with their skirmishers, but it wasn’t a problem. Then they brought their General and our phalanx units couldn’t reorganize after the fight of the skirmishers, so we took some damages, but with our General we broke them and killed the enemy General.
    After we had a little luck, ’cause the enemy came out from the centre and attacked our phalanxes, so we could sorround their last unit and they quickly broke them.
    We killed 216 men and lost 84.
    We expelled the settlement, ’cause we had to raise the population Karmana to make more income from the mines. We started to built some temple of Atargatis, ’cause this temple is the best choice of us (give public order, law bonus and give trade routes).

Episode 6: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=tK0P1awd6lQ
    Diary Entry 006 - 272 BC Summer and Winter – Campaign map movements – Turn 003 and 004
    The Pahlava faction made some unrest with their spies maybe, and we have to watch all the enermies movements, so we had to train more spies in this region.
    We got another General with not so bad skills, so I kept him!
    We caught an enemy’s spy, so it was worth to train them! Nisa has low Public Order, so we have to build something to help them! Simple Drainage is the fastest way to raise the Public Order ( 1 turn -> +5 PO), but the temple of Atargatidos has better option (2 turn -> 10 PO+decrease corruption).
    We finished to build the Nomos Symmachos Autonom (level 4 goverment building) in Nisa, so we could train Horse Archer Generals here. So we started to train one! We build a Horse Archer army to fight againts these Horse Archer factions (Pahlava, Saka, Sauromatae), it’s the easiest way to fight againts them. It’s a little bit expensive, but it’s an efficient way to handle them. We don’t need infantry units, these nations are nomads, don’t use walls and phalanx, heavy infantry units.
    Some reinforcement unts arrived in the front againts the Pahlava, but we have to be patient while all of them will arrive. Asaak and Khiva is well-defended, so we need a decent army to siege them.
    I command Alexandros Syriakos to Gabai, we need a good governor there, ’cause it’s a good mining settlement. Maybe he’ll get some good skills to make more income there. We disbanded some units at Gabai to raise the population there. We started to build some temple of Atargatidos and if a settlement had another type of temple we changed to temple of Atargatidos.
    Palmyre is well-defended by the rebels, and we hadn’t enough troops to take it, so I took all my units to Damascus and the war againts the Ptolemaioi. We started to retrain some phalanx units, to make a decent army againts the Ptolemaioi. The next target is Hierosolyma.
    The army near Antiocheia can’t reach the walls of Tarsos this season, so we had to make a trick to solve the problem. We sent our General (Arrhenides Mopsuhestias Kilikikes) forward to start the siege and the rest of the army join the siege a little bit later. We sent some reinforcements to help to take Tarsos. If we are outnumbered we take less casulties! And the retraining of the units are always cut our treasury.
    We took out of our units from Side, and command them to siege Salamis. We did the same method that we did at Tarsos. We sent our General first to start the siege (’cause he reach the walls sooner on horses), and then the others joined him later.

Episode 7: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=GFdU0KqBuGI

Diary Entry 007 - 271 BC Summer – Siege of Salamis (4-0; 528-235) – Turn 005
    It’s time to take Salamis. This settlement not just a Ptolamaioi settlement, but it’s a good trade setllement too, so it’s worth to take it.
    The defender was Eunostos Kypriakos with 107 men. Our General Sarpedon Syriakos who took Side had doubled army, 221 men. The odds was with us.
    We sent or cheap infantry to againts the walls (not againts the gates, ’casue we can make wider gap on the walls, than the gate). After we broke the walls, we sent into our phalanxes and the enemy started to flee.So we could easily brought the whole army into the city without decent casulties.
    While we marched forward to the centre, they sent their Slingers to shoot us, we tried to surround them with our General and my phalanxes, but they bring some reinforcements (their General), so we had to pull our General off. We used all of our units to beat the enemy’s General, and they brought their peltastai too.
    It was a hard fight on the street, we almost lost our General, and my phalanxes fled once, but they came back into the fight after a little brake. The enemy’s General seemed to unbeatable, but finally one of my peltastai soldier took the final cut to that ing General’s butt.
    After their General has fallen all of their fighting units started to flee. We got closer and closer to the city-entre. A full and fresh horse units waited for us there.We sent our peltastati to shoot them, and they came out right into my phalanxes, as we hoped!
    They tried to stop us, but their units fled again and again after they attacked us.
    It was a tough battle, but we won! We killed 107 men and we lost 180 men. We enslaved the population, ’cause we needed that money!

Episode 8: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=kZmhRxBIowc
    Diary Entry 008 - 271 BC Summer – Siege of Tarsos (5-0; 635-415) – Turn 005
    We had some reinforcements arrived to help to take Tarsos. The odds were with us (7:2), 306 men vs 203 men. The enemy’s army wasn’tt so good (2 spearmen, one slinges and skirmishers), with weak units. So we had to take the city with minimal casulties.
    Our ranged units tried to clear the area behind the walls, but the enemy didn’t leave that. But we had the opportunity to go in without any casulties, so we sent our infantry units in, to clear the area. Our heavy spearmen easily dealt with the enemy’s slingers.
    The enemy stayed in the city-centre, so next we tried to squizzed out them, with our General unit, and tried to managed them into my phalanxes.
    And yeah, it worked, they brought a spearmen and a skirmishers unit out from the city-centre, and not so later they run back into there, ’cause they broke. We marched closer with our phalanxes and our slingers started to shoot the rest spearmen unit in the centre. We got closer and closer and we sent our General behind them to attack them from behind, but their last spearman unit broke, so we couldn’t use this tactic.
    The enemy had only a few units, so we could easily raped them with our phalanxes.
    We killed 203 men and we lost only 42.
    We took Tarsos and we expelled it, ’cause it wasn’t so far our capital and we needed that population in some settlements.

Episode 9: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=um0F0eTXgfk

Diary Entry 009 - 271 BC Summer – Campaign map movements – Turn 005
    We cleared this region, Anatolia from the Ptolemaioi, and we hoped we get some peaceful time here, while we finished our war in east with the horse factions, and the war in south with the Ptolemaioi. We left all the rebel settlements here to the Pontos, and the other factions from west. Sooner or later these factions will attack us, when they will find out these settlements are undefended. But we haven’t got enough money to feed an army here, just to keep the peace. We will bring the armies from east and south after we will finish our counquering plans there.
    So we brought our army from Tarsos to Antiocheia to retrain them. There’re some units in Salamis too, but we have to manage the public order first and than we can use these units too.
    Hierosolyma has a decent garrison, but we have enough units in Damascus and Sidon to attack them, so we merged our troops and marched towards Hierosolyma.
    Our diplomat Keraias Pergamou Mysiakes made some money again, we have to take all the advantages to make money. The war costs a lot, especially if you have to fight more than one front.
    All my reinforcements have arrived in Hekatompylos, so we have to make a good plan against the Pahlava and retake Asaak. There is a rebel army next to Asaak. It would be a good event, if the Pahlava try to beat them, but we don’t have got enought time to wait for it. If they won’t attack them we will do it, after we ratake Asaak.
    Nisa has a good army too, so we can leave Nisa next season. We need roads to reach Khiva faster, but we need to manage the public order too in Nisa. And it’s more important now!

Episode 10: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=3IhH7ifUXpg

Diary Entry 010 - 271 BC Summer – Battle near Hierosolyma (6-0; 838-457) – Turn 005
    The Ptolemaioi did a favor for us and they brought an army from Hierosolyma to stop us. These units wouldn’t enough to keep Hierosolyma, so we were lucky they come into our arms.
    They brought 418 men (mixed army, but not so strong) againts our 681 men. None of us had General, but they had horse units. The odds were 1:1.
    It’s a hilly battlefield and we had some ranged units, so we tried to use it to make some advantages for us. We found a good spot our ranged units, so we built our army around this spot.
    The enemy’s army came from a different direction as we though, so we had to rethink the battle. Finally they left the hills and came into a little valley, so we could shoot them with our archers and slingers. We had to defend our ranged units and our position, so we moved some units to the flanks.
    The Ptolemaioi attacked our flanks, so we had to bring more troops there. The Ptolemaioi had a great tactic, so we had to bring as many troops into my right flanks as many we could and we had to pray to the Gods to arrive there in time.
    Our phalanxes made a good job and held the line while the enemy’s units broke. The enemy started to flee, but we didn’t chase them so far, we rather reorganized our units. They tried to separate our units and fought like guerillas, so we had to be careful.
    They attacked again and again, but we defended our position everytime. They tried to surprise us and attacked from nehind with their horses, but we managed this situation too.
    After a small time they recognised they had no chance againts us, they tried to leave the battlefield. We were lack of horse units so we had to use our archers to take as many casulties as we could take.
    We had a clear victory, we killed 325 men and lost 119.

Episod 11: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=5OClBGtfY9c

Diary Entry 011 - 271 BC Summer – Campaign map movements – Turn 006
    After we beat the Ptolemaioi last season, their army at Hierosolyma weakened so much, so we will take it easily next season. Our spy couldn’t help to open the gates, we didn’t want to risk his life. He will help a lot againts the Ptolemaioi.
    We could bring some reinforcements from Antiocheia by our fleet, ’cause there wasn’t any enemy fleet in that region.
    Khiva not so well-defended so we left Niva with a decent army to take it. But there’s a strong Pahlavan’s army near with full of horse archers, which maybe make some problem for us and we couldn’t hire good merceneries there.
    There wasn’t any adaptable mercenery units near Asaak too, but we had to attack them, so we had to use as we had (not so strong units, but we outnumbered them, and this army have to be enough).
    We had some cash to raise public orders in our borders, and replaced the temples to Atargaitos.

Episode 12: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=ku1f9D432BY

Diary Entry 012 - 271 BC Summer – Siege of Asaak (7-0; 1163-576) – Turn 007
    Theodoros Syriakos got some reinforcements to take Assak. The odds were with us (2:1), 703 men vs 243 men, but the enemy had a lot of very strong units (Hárásp é Daháen Family member and some horse archers) and we brought cheap and weak units in this battle!
    We made 3 gaps on the enemy’s walls, than we sacrificed some weaker units to shoot by the enemy’s archers. We took some damages but half of the enemy’s archers run out of ammo, so we could start our attack.
    First our General hunted down one of their horse archer unit, than we tried to shoot the enemy’s general with our slingers (they have damage bonus vs armored units), but they moved out of our slingers range.
    Next we run into the city all of our infantry units, and the enemy’s general came to avoid this, but they were late and run into my pikes. We surrounded their general and killed him. They brought more soldiers into this fight, but they were outnumbered and lost one by one.
    We used our ranged units to make as damage as we could. Than we almost run out of so we rushed into the centre and killed everybody.
    It was another tough fight, with close victory. We killed 230 men and lost 438.
    We enslaved the population, ’cause this settlement was so far from the capital and we need that money.

Episode 13: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=bbm5N6Xd1hw

Diary Entry 013 - 271 BC Summer – Siege of Hyerosolyma (8-0; 1393-1014) – Turn 007
    We got a good chance to take Hyerosolyma after they attacked us one season ago, and lost 325 soldiers. We had’t got an general inthis battle, but we were outnumbered (570 men vs 267 men) and their remained units weren’t so strong. We wanted to minimalize our casulties, ’cause we wanted to go forward againts their bigger settlements like Alexandria and Memphis.
    After we broke the gate and the walls, we tried to clear the area behind the walls with our slingers, when it was clear we marched in with our infantries. While we orginized our troops at the gates the enemy made a quick attack againts us. Our soldiers solved the proble and killed the enemy’s general.
    Next we tried to lure out the enemy’s troops from the townsquare, and killed them with our phalanxes.
    We killed 256 men and lost 139. We occupied the settlement because it was close to our capital, and they hadn’t got so many citizen!

Episode 14: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=SLcARoxD9Q8

Diary Entry 014 - 271 BC Summer and winter – Campaign map movements – Turn 007 and 008
    There was an enemy fleet appeared near Sidon and they were in our way to Alexandria. We didn’t risk our army, so they embarked before the sea battle. One ship againts two, wasn’t the best odds, but we needed to clear our way to Alexandria (and if we lost our ship we spare 500 upkeep cost). We were lucky and won the battle.
    We retrained our injured units at Hyerosolyma, while we brough out army closer Khiva (the last settlement of Pahlava). They had a strong army out of the city and a stronger garrison in the city, so it was a suicide to attack, we had to wait until they leave the city or command their army away.
    The Saoromatae didn’t pay for our map, they cheap bastard, so we had to find another gull to make money.
    We relocated Antiochos Syriakos from Damascus to Sidon to make more money, or maybe we’ll take him too with our ship.
    We sent some spies into Khiva, maybe they can open the gates when we attack!

Episode 15: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=YnNCFo-Hq-s

Diary Entry 015 - 271 BC Winter – Battle near Asaak (9-0; 1694-1153) – Turn 008
    We took Asaak last season, and the Pahlava didn’t make me a favor to kill the rebels near Asaak, so we had to, ’cause they stood on the way up to Khiva. The enemy forces almost stood by Parthian Spearmen, and we brought a lot of ranged units in that battle (we lack of good infantry in this army), so we had to be careful. The numbers were with us 320 vs 227, but the odds were equal.
    We moved on the left side of the battlefield to close one flank, we had to defend our ranged units. We killed almost al of their horse archer units with our archers, than we sent our general to finish the job. We couldn’ catch them, but we succesfully lured out one their spearmen into my ranged units shots. We made a spearmen sandwich and one of their spearmen started to flee. They brought another spearmen to us, and we did the same method, and we finished our job just in time, ’cause the enemy brought another 2 spearmen in that fight.
    We separated them, while one of them tried to catch my general, another one fought my spearmen units. We broke their last spearmen, without any difficulties.
    We won a Heroic Victory, we killed 199 men and lost only 55.
    Our army near Khiva hadn’t got any movement points to attack Khiva, because of the winter. So we stayed one more season in our fort.
    The sea is clear in the west (checked by our spy), so we could bring our army on my fleet to Alexandria. We stayed at the sea, it a littbe bit risky, but I didnt’t think there were any enemy fleet in our range.

Episode 16: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=4TR2AF-9DM4

Diary Entry 016 - 270 BC Summer – Campaign map movements – Turn 009 and 010

The Pahlava’s army left Khiva, but still in range, so we waited another season. WeI try to lure out the garrison , so we left Nikomedes Strateikeias Karikes alone without defend, and hoped they tried to attack him and left the city undefended. Sometimes this trategy works, sometims not. We gave it a try.
    There were a lot of retrainable units in Asaak, so we commanded them to go to Antiocheia-Margiane.
    We had got some cash, so we spent on some building which raise the Public Order manily at the borders. They are compromised to revolt, if we don’t manage them well.
    The sea was clear to Alexandria, so we sailed down there, and sieged Alexandria, the capital of Ptolemaioi. There were some smaller army of Ptolemaioi this region, so we didn’t need to worry.
    We sent our new family member, Zeuxis Diadochoupoleos Babyloniakes to Side, we didin’t 2 genral in one city. Maybe he will gain some skill there.
    The annoying Pahlava’s army gone, so it was the ime to attcak. Our spies did a good job 99% the chance, that the gates will open when we attack. All of my units were in range, so everything were perfect to attack last settlement of Pahlava, Khiva.

Episode 17: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Kx4L8FiY_1o

Diary Entry 017 - 270 BC Summer – Siege of Khiva (10-0; 1893-1208) – Turn 010

So everything were fine to attack Khiva, so we did that. Our spies worked well and gates were opened, so we could attack instantly.
    The enemy’s army had a lot of ranged units, and well-armoured units, so this battle seemed to tough, and it was. The odds were 1:1, and the number of soldiers were almost equal (609 vs 535).
    We started the fight with our horse archers, they had some armor and they ranged damage better than the other archers. They did they job well, we almost destroyed 2 enemy’s archer units.
    They pulled their units back to the city-centre, so we decided to attack their horse archer units, which was letf alone. We didn’t want to risk to march in, ’cause they easily smashed us with their archers. We had to wekened them first.
    Their horse archer unit was tougher than we though, so we did less damage that we want, so we needed to chase them (our horse archers run out of ammo) and killed them with our swords. We easily smashed them, and we tried the same againts their Mardian Archer unit too. They brought units againts us, we had to be in a hurry, after they broke we switched to their bodyguard. This fight was too tough to our units (2 of them fled), so we had pull our units out of this fight.
    Next we march in the city, and we tried to lure out their units one by one. They too strong at the townsquare and we hadn’t got any chance there. It worked they brough out their heavy infantry unit into my phalanx, so we could easily beat them. Then they brough their Parthian spearmen, and we smashed them too.
    They left alone one archery unit, so we tried to catch them, but we were late. So we went back our worked strategy.
    The next victim was a Parthian Bodyguard unit, and then they brought their general. We had to use all of our units to beat them, but we killed him. After we killed their general we tried to minimalize our casulties, and we didn’t run into the centre mindlessly.
    So we tried to lure out the rest of the enemy from the city-centre, and we wanted to attacked them from behind with our mounbted units, but the enemy didn’t leave. So we had to go closer and did this at the centre.
    We had casulties, but we won. It was a Heroic Victory we killed 529 men and lost only 266.

Episode 18: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=1EwbYvbJP8o

Diary Entry 018 - 270 BC Summer – Siege of Alexandria (11-0; 2422-1474) – Turn 010

After we took Khiva, we had an another important siege at Alexandria. We met there Philadelphos Ptolemaios who was the faction leader of th Ptolemaioi. We had outnumbered them (966 men vs 280 men), so we had to win with minimum casulties.
    We tried to get the walls first, than we shot them from there from our ranged units. It was worked, they hadn’t got any units on the walls, so we could easily shot them from the walls. After our slingers made some damage and cleared the area, we could easily marcehd in with our phalanxes.
    We made a phalanx wall near the city-centre, and the enemy rushed into our pikes more times.
    Finally they had only two phalanxes and we surrounded them with our phalanxes and smashed them.
    We won with a small casulties we killed 280 men and lost only 144.

Episode 19: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=K1yNhPU38uY

Diary Entry 019 - 270 BC Summer – Campaign map movements – Turn 010

Alexandria was an important to take as so fast as we could (not just weaken the enemy), we could retarain and recruit a lot of units there. The land of Ptolemaioi was the same culture as ours, so we could’t get culture penalty and we could recruit our type of units too.
    We didn’t want to stop, we wanted to countine our blitz, so we reorganized our army, and left Alexandria only a few units to retrain. So we moved forward to Memphis. We had a good opportunity to take Memphis without Siege, so we attacked the small army next to Memephis and the Garrison of Memphis came to hlep them.
    We sent our ship to Salamis to to take the army there. They spent a lot of time there, so we had to activate them again. We needed as army as we could.
    There was a rebel army next to Sidon, that made some unrest there and cut our trade so we had to beat them, so.wWe recruited some units the nearby settlemets.
    We had enough money to build a level 1 mine, and we had 3 option where to build. Mazaka, Slamis or Tarsos. We had to build there where we could made the most profit, so finally we started to build in Mazaka.
    So we destroyed our first faction, The Pahlava, so we had some time to reorganize our amy and normalize the Public Order there. Khiva had some PO problem, so we changed the Governor there, and we checked the army that became rebel after Pahlav destroyed. Thi army will be a perfect training enemy our horse archer army later.
    We checked our borders east to find our next enemy. We had almost two decent army, with high upkeep, so we had find a job them. Baktria hadn’t got very strong units, and their settlements not so far our borders. Saka had a lot of archery units, with horse archer and other annoying units, and we hadn’t got enough forces to beat them yet.

Episode 20: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=mSeC_EWZzX4

Diary Entry 020 - 270 BC Summer – Battle next to Memphis (12-0; 2702-1618) – Turn 010
    So we marched forward to Memephis, and we had a good opportunity to take Memphis without siege it. We had to beat all those two army to get Memphis for free.
    The first army was an easy run with 273 men, while the second one (the reinforcements) was a better one with a General and 410 men. We had to beat the first army as fast as we could than we could easily beat the second one, so we didin’t let the enemy merge their forces.
    So we run into the first battle. We easily broke the enemy Hellenic skirmishers, but we couldn’t slashed them with our General. We kept our ranged units busy and we could slashed the another Hellenic skirmishers.
    While our slingers shot the enemy slingers, our phalanxes surrounded the enemy’s spearmen, and killed all of them. After that we had to reorganized our army, ’cause the enemy’s reinforcements were arrived.
    The enemy tried to sneak behind us, that we could stop them easily. Our phalanxes did a good job, so all of the enemy units broke. We had to kill as many enemy as we could, ’cause every units that left the battlefield will defended the city of Memphis.
    We killed 573 men and lost 170.