View Poll Results: Your favorite EB faction?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aedui

3 2.07%
  • Arche Seleukia

11 7.59%
  • Arverni

1 0.69%
  • Baktria

8 5.52%
  • Casse

2 1.38%
  • Epeiros

8 5.52%
  • Getai

3 2.07%
  • Hayasdan

3 2.07%
  • Safot Softim Quarthadastim

10 6.90%
  • Koinon Hellenon

11 7.59%
  • Lusotannan

4 2.76%
  • Makedonia

19 13.10%
  • Pahlava

6 4.14%
  • Pontos

4 2.76%
  • Ptolemaioi

5 3.45%
  • Romani

33 22.76%
  • As'Sabyn Wal Jau

6 4.14%
  • Saka

1 0.69%
  • Sauromatae

1 0.69%
  • Sweboz

6 4.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your favorite faction and why?

Default Re: What is your favorite faction and why?

Bactria. Phalanxes and Elephants, whats not to like? Plus you get to fight with your back to a corner, once you've crushed those pesky steppe-folk. And I love the whole "Alexanders furthest settlers returning to reconquer his empire" thing that they can get on.
    Man 1 - I have an awful joke for you
    Man 2 - Oh really? What's so bad about it?
    Man 1 - It has no punchline.

fin.

Senator

Simply,I love romans in everymod. My favourit ancient country or something. I love EB roman skins...republican cohort skin i think
    I dont remember anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciisar View Post
    Simply,I love romans in everymod. My favourit ancient country or something. I love EB roman skins...republican cohort skin i think
    I dont remember anymore.
    +1.

Tabledude's Avatar Laetus

Icon6 Re: What is your favorite faction and why?

Saka Rauka because they are most likely to become communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabledude View Post
    Saka Rauka because they are most likely to become communist.
    Why would that be? Are you referring to the Mazdakite movement?

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

Carthage, the distinct culture is what attracts me the most.

Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius

Makedon. I completed my first campaign with them, and recreating Alexander's empire and went further, such as Arabia, Carthage, Sicily and the coastal settlements of the Black and Caspian Sea. I had a blast with them, got bored with Romani.
    Only pain is sieging, it is aggrevating with the crappy pathfinding in this game.
    Rest in peace, Calvin.
    (28th April, 1975 - 28th October, 2009)

Cornelius Plautus's Avatar Centenarius

Personally, the Romani are my favorite. I love Classical Rome, and being able to guide them to victory is an awesome experience for me; plus it's wonderfully refreshing to hear Latin in a non-academic context! As for their unit rosters, the Legionaries, especially the Polybian and Marian ones, are truly an awesome fighting force (Cohortes Reformatae are brought to their full glory here) and everything the Romans cannot provide themselves the Auxiliarii more than make up for!

Oh, and the addition of the gens and the way in which it affects gameplay is just brilliant.

-Click on the Eagle for a Surprise!-

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

For me it's always been the Romans. They've always represented the total war approach and there's some kind of fascination with the ordered lines, the flexibility and the irresistible push of the roman infantry. Plus, with my revised EDU I must rely on the battle line to win the battle, the equiti being half the strength of almost all other cavalry units. The only thing I've been unable to do is retreat the hastati and engage with the principes in the face of the enemy Other than that, the battles of the Romani are almost always challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Lusotannan. Barbarians!!!! They are probably my favorite uncivilized people. They have awesome infantry and can later recruit probably the heaviest cavalry in the west. Civilized peoples, Carthage, they're so unique from everybody else. I love the steppe nomads, Sakae and Sauromatae too. I love to use anyone to destroy Greeks or Romans. I have also recently come to like the Saba. It's an interesting campaign, all alone in your little corner of the world, until your expansion hits the Seleukids, Egyptians, and Indians. Imagine fighting hoplites with Slingers, Arab Archer-Spearmen, and Arab Light Infantry!!

I have a huge boner for Pontos right now. They have a very interesting/difficult starting position and a good mix of units.
    I really like Romani for historical roleplaying. i actually learned quite a bit about rome from this mod.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

For the moment, I'm having fun as Sweboz alltough the rebel cities surounding them are tough to fight, tried to attack Eburonum and lost 2 armies (mostly because I allowed the AI to command my renforcing army, and the gneral just threw a nicely balanced army away :'( and the celts have huge morale)

Koinon Hellenon for very exciting fight with Makedonia in first rounds. And Baktria - fusion off hellens and western. Faction with fantastic game climat.

Epirus. Amazing infantry and cav, interesting history and is challenging campaign, especially at the begging when you have to battle the Greek city states and rome at the same time aaaaaa

Pahlava. Very difficult start. Fantastic Cavalry faction that can restore the Iranian imperial glory!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Arche Seleukeia, true successor of the Alexandrian Empire, best all around, protector of hellenism to the East and the only hellenistic power that can challenge romans.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Saba, when your cheaper arab slinger starting raining missile again expensive ptolemai and arche seluikia phalanx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Biarchus

Arche Seleukeia, because is a fantastic trip to the dragons of the british isles !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arche hohenstaufen View Post
    Arche Seleukeia, because is a fantastic trip to the dragons of the british isles !!!!
    You ever do that?
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Archived
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123