Thread: Total war Charlemagne textures

Icon5 Total war Charlemagne textures

Okay, so, I've been noticing that even if I got my settings on ultra the texture on some units its just... , the chainmail just looks like a dirty black shirt that has been expanded in pixels, and in some others units it doesnt happen, im playing the vanilla version, my fps are great, I mean, its not like the game its downgrading itself, becuase even in the same battle, some units will look very detailed and others will just not, so, if anyone has any clue of why this is, or how to fix it, it would be great, I've googled it and no one seems to talk about it or have had the same issue, thanks

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Re: Total war Charlemagne textures

it's the chainmail model wich is not anything else.

so, there isnt even a mod to fix this or add better textures? seriously? why there are no posts about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    it's the chainmail model wich is not anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikGMZ View Post
    so, there isnt even a mod to fix this or add better textures? seriously? why there are no posts about it?
    I think most people don't notice things like that. The previous Total War games were full of misplaced textures and you hardly read anything about it. Just have a look at the Germanic Chosen Archers in Barbarian Invasion.

Anyway, I have made a mod for it ages ago. The workaround has a few drawbacks though. The tunics from the Charlemagne DLC don't work with the old chainmail, so I had to use a tunic from the base game (a more ornate one, the kind most Germanic tribes use there). Always planned to pick a more fitting one later, but never bothered to do so because I grew bored with AoC.
    This was back when Charlemagne's sword was sticking through his chest, so some changes I made there may be obsolete now. I also added quite a few missing belts.

If anyone is interested, I have attached the file.

Oh, and by the way... is anyone interested in a fix for all those missing shield bosses, half-invisible faction leaders (Tanukhids) or fake beards (Ostrogoth starting leader)?
    I always thought there are two kinds of players: those who don't care/notice and those who use the more historically correct faction overhauls anyway. But if anyone is interested, I will try to polish it and upload it to the Steam Workshop.
    Attached Files Attached Files

HOLLY FLYING DORITOS MAN, I never saw this reply. I installed this thing and it works, I only tested it on danes tho, but for the general and the swordmen it ing works, thank you so much, how can I make my own modds so I can fix the rest? I realized its the chainmail from the saxons from attila, and its fine, it looks perfect, guess Ill have to buy the viking forefathers DLC in order to '' diversify '' my nordic chainmails. Can you add me on steam?

Quote Originally Posted by rattenfleisch View Post
    I think most people don't notice things like that. The previous Total War games were full of misplaced textures and you hardly read anything about it. Just have a look at the Germanic Chosen Archers in Barbarian Invasion.

Anyway, I have made a mod for it ages ago. The workaround has a few drawbacks though. The tunics from the Charlemagne DLC don't work with the old chainmail, so I had to use a tunic from the base game (a more ornate one, the kind most Germanic tribes use there). Always planned to pick a more fitting one later, but never bothered to do so because I grew bored with AoC.
    This was back when Charlemagne's sword was sticking through his chest, so some changes I made there may be obsolete now. I also added quite a few missing belts.

If anyone is interested, I have attached the file.

Oh, and by the way... is anyone interested in a fix for all those missing shield bosses, half-invisible faction leaders (Tanukhids) or fake beards (Ostrogoth starting leader)?
    I always thought there are two kinds of players: those who don't care/notice and those who use the more historically correct faction overhauls anyway. But if anyone is interested, I will try to polish it and upload it to the Steam Workshop.