Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: First impression

Libertus

Default Re: First impression

Great mod. Played on hard/hard with elves and did fine. I conquered the whole north with my archers but around turn 50 40+ stacks of chaos (that was a faction down to 1 settlement which was to fall the very next turn). Ok, I am dealing with them somehow. It is hard but slowly I am killing their stacks that remain in the north while i am pushing south after them by reconquering Kislev and, suddenly, another 40 stacks pop up, in the north with another 5 in Kislev. I am very spread out and my non-border cities are lightly defended No idea how to deal with 60-70 stacks that are on the map. At the moment of the first invasion I started to cheat the money as I needed more armies. Does the appearance of the second wave has anything to do with the fall of Middleheim? Can it be prevented or delayed somehow? Because even if possible, I am stretched and far away from replenishing cities and it would be too much work.

I will attach a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elves on second wave.jpg  

Ok - you should've gotten a pop-up text a few turns back saying something like "Bla Bla Archaron is the Chaos Herald of the End Times - he's heading for Karaz-A-Karak, gonna destroy the Empire/All you mortal bastardos are doomed"

-I don't want to ruin the immersion for you, but obviously that's a HUGE invasion force - as the force "moves" towards it's target it will engage/be engaged by your Allies. Thus whittling down the Armies making it easier to liberate the Human Settlements - and show the idiot humans the full glory of the High Elves.

If you really need to know specifics - the script for it is in: data/world/maps/campaign/imperia_campaign/campaign_script.txt

Libertus

Yup. I got some text, most of it in russian (which besides being able to read remains a mystery to me). But I think that was before the first wave. My problem is that the second horde is here too soon after the first one. As for my allies... they are dead, or mostly dead. They helped somewhat during the first wave but eventually died. As you can see from the map I attached, I am the first and second line of defense. I can manage it but I need 10-15 more turns to at least minimize the first wave and take back their conquers south of me.

Anyway, I gave up that map and now I am trying the most south-western of empire faction. Between some necro and skaven and orcs, now I understand why the AI was mostly useless against the horde. They simply cannot beat the odds against them.

Thanks for your answer. Great mod, some work to do with the translation for the proper immersion. I really would like to understand what is going on around those texts.

Similar to me with tomb kings. I have conquered dwarves karak and also orange humans near them.
    But I found 57 cities of chaos conquered!!Against my 14!
    Chaos is arrived to stirland,6/7 human factions are destroyed. I don't know how to contrast them!

Libertus

Actually I can "contrast" them (elven archers are great) but it is a little too bothersome to hunt so many chaos stacks. I am looking to 100 battles against full stacks with my main 6. Doable but tedious. I guess that is what the end of a world looks like

Besides, you cannot recruit elves in most places. Unlike humans which is easier.

This mod is extraordinary in its scope and gameplay. I'm not that familiar with Warhammer Tabletop, but this mod brings an amazing unit and faction variety. I haven't played many factions in campaign yet, but the campaign has a good variety of random and scripted gameplay events, even though a lot of the notifications are in Russian so I don't quite know what's going on (it's still awesome; большое спасибо to the team!).

So far in my Reikland campaign the constant pressure from orks and beastmen has made expansion deliciously tough. I love the late-medieval flavor of the Empire and its mercenaries in the fantasy world.

Foederatus

Looks absolutely awesome so far!

I also miss the sweat and tears of my 1.6 campaigns while playing BotET. Scripts provide good challenges, there is not too much gold, enemies attack you more often than in BotET.
    You guys did a wonderful job with this mod. I hope you will release a new stable version soon.
    In any case, congratulations and thanks for your work.

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

Is this project dead, or the russian team is still working?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

So I only just stumbled on this and I adore it, I love Warhammer total war and this is honestly just as good if not better than the game Sega put out. Keep it up

such a vast mod so much to learn

loving all the custom models absolutely love it