Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Scotland total kingdoms?

Hello,

Need some help for a newbie please.

I have Medieval total war 2 (5.2) ver and I am really looking to find a mod which focuses on the scottish wars of independence.

I did hear about a mod called Scotland Total Kingdoms?? but I have no idea if it is still live or how to install the mod so thats what I need help on?

Also are there any other mods for other total war games which focus on the scottish wars of independence which might include the clans and feature william wallace and robert the bruce???

any help would be great

thanks

Default Bug fixes modification

Does anyone know if there are any legit unoffical patches for medieval 2?

For example what drives me cray is cavalry chasing routing units keep stop chasing them and that sort (I am using 1.5 with kingdoms)

I just want to play Medieval II normal campaign.

And I'm looking for a patch or patches which the creator doesn't add stuff of his own flavor to it, like changing unit stats because it thinks it's not balanced, just looking for fixes not self proclaimed upgrades

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Here is my basic mod set up with a good number of fixes (check the history for details).

The chasing routing units issue is based on path finding problems when the routing unit has lost it's cohesiveness, eg the distance between individual soldiers is much larger then usual. I usually double click on a point ahead of them and then the chasers simply mow down everything up to that point.

Default Re: Bug fixes modification

Quote Originally Posted by mott View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any legit unoffical patches for medieval 2?

For example what drives me cray is cavalry chasing routing units keep stop chasing them and that sort (I am using 1.5 with kingdoms)

I just want to play Medieval II normal campaign.

And I'm looking for a patch or patches which the creator doesn't add stuff of his own flavor to it, like changing unit stats because it thinks it's not balanced, just looking for fixes not self proclaimed upgrades
    You can also try Jack Lusted's AI mod. It's hard to find but I posted a link to it awhile back. It does not fix bugs per say but it makes the AI a lot smarter.

The better campaign AI will actually keep alliances and your reputation with the AI won't suffer as much as it did. The AI will also attack with full stacked armies and better units.
    Plus the AI now builds forts to defend key areas and seems to be a bit more smarter overall. For battle AI they now have cavalry on the flanks, has better army formations and now plays much smarter. I think some bugs may have been fixed to make the AI play much better. Overall this mod is great and will work perfect for just M2 vanilla.

All it does is greatly improve the AI and nothing else so it won't change your game or the feel of vanilla. There is an official patch to help remove some of the bugs.

You mean there is another official patch beyond installing the gold edition of MW2 with 1.5 version on kingdoms?

Thanks for the mod I appreciate it, not yet being aware of encountering these bugs so I'll wait till I modification my game till something drives my nuts and breaks my gameplay
    Last edited by Frunk; September 13, 2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by mott View Post
    You mean there is another official patch beyond installing the gold edition of MW2 with 1.5 version on kingdoms?

Thanks for the mod I appreciate it, not yet being aware of encountering these bugs so I'll wait till I modification my game till something drives my nuts and breaks my gameplay
    I think you are A-Okay with the Gold Edition. At least that is what I am going on.

A question:

I know that the Britannia has a coded rebellion in the game. I had google.com searched and I can find nothing about any modification taking advantage of this coding for civil wars. I think I found some questions that stated that there were no modifications related to creating a civil war (latest was a few years ago). Now that a new Saga will be coming out soon (in TW development years), I was wondering if anything has changed. Maybe a mod that would force a faction into civil war where the player could specify a date or a condition such as no heir with blood of the founder of the house or whatever the correct wording should be. Just in England alone, there are several civil wars that did result in changes what with the Henry VIII and William I and so many succession crises such as the Matilda and Stephen succession crises resulting in a few decades of the Anarchy.

Out of the medieval, but there is also the issue of the reformation now that we are hitting the 500th anniversary. So is there a related mod regarding the reformation.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

EBII is using the command\principle - if you look in the docu demons for the specs you will get an idea why it isn't widely used:

faction_emerge f_rome f_pergamon 1 400.0 0.0 1.2 town true unused_label1 unused_name 30

My take on 'civil war' (realm divide) - about the most irritating feature after default hording in RTW\M2TW (can be set to acceptable parameters). Especially if it happens despite everyone loving you and worshiping the ground you walk on.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 17, 2017 at 07:51 PM.

Default Help me find my perfect mod

Requirement-mod(Non fantasy)
    Game-Medival 2 with all kingdoms expansions and almost latest patches

other requirements

Should not be too huge.Some mods like Broken cresecnt are too big for my liking
    They should not have graphical improvements.I am using my secondary PC,which runs only med2 on average graphics.
    Should have easy installation and an installer.I am not great at figuring out files and stuff
    Should have at least minimal gunpowder for custom battles and i love Empire total war in general so i loveeeeeeeeeee guns.

100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Help me find my perfect mod

Sounds like you're after Dawn of Conquest Total War:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...v1-25-Released!

medieval 2 total war: what are the max number settlements in campagian map? which mod have it?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

The maximum number of land and sea regions combined is 200, seeing as every map has at least 1 sea region that leaves a maximum of 199 land regions. I don't know what you're looking for exactly but most mods at the very least increase the amount of regions from vanilla quite substantially. If you're looking for the same frame as vanilla than something like SS is the way, not sure whether it reached the region limit but I think its submods SSHIP and Titanium are at least on or very near it. I presume EBII hasn't wasted any region slots so if you're looking for Romans there's that. I presume most of Third Age's submods are on the region limit. Apart from that, just have a look in the mod section, there's probably plenty of mods with maps on or near the region limit.

Default Re: Help me find my perfect mod

Quote Originally Posted by mad orc View Post
    Requirement-mod(Non fantasy)
    Game-Medival 2 with all kingdoms expansions and almost latest patches

other requirements

Should not be too huge.Some mods like Broken cresecnt are too big for my liking
    They should not have graphical improvements.I am using my secondary PC,which runs only med2 on average graphics.
    Should have easy installation and an installer.I am not great at figuring out files and stuff
    Should have at least minimal gunpowder for custom battles and i love Empire total war in general so i loveeeeeeeeeee guns.

You could try Total Vanilla. It's pretty much just vanilla+, but some balancing measures result in quite effective pike and shot style armies (try Spanish army composed of 5x tercio, 4x musketeers, 2x basilisk, 4x pavise crossbowmen, 3x dragoons, one heavy cavalry of choice and general. Can beat anything).

Hi
    It sounds that Rome and medieval total war have max 200. Do you have any recommandation for any medieval total war, have max sattelment with big map reach to india with american map. (not fantasy mod).

Default I Search a Mod for the Teutonic Order....

Hello all, i like the Teutonic Order Campiagn and Faction. Is there anyone a Mod with Fokus on the Baltic Wars and the Teutonic Order? ( I Miss the Original Faction Sounds in the Stainless Steel Late Campaign )

Merged thread with the mod recommendations thread.

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

What is the best mod to play as Vikings, specifically as Ragnar Lodbrok? I want the largest map with the most unit variety and historical accuracy. I don't just want to fight in northern Europe with some light swordsmen and axemen, I want to send my men to as far as Vikings had ever gone south and east. Guess including Iceland would be neat but not necessary.
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
    What is the best mod to play as Vikings, specifically as Ragnar Lodbrok? I want the largest map with the most unit variety and historical accuracy. I don't just want to fight in northern Europe with some light swordsmen and axemen, I want to send my men to as far as Vikings had ever gone south and east. Guess including Iceland would be neat but not necessary.
    these are the only ones I have found
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Baltic-Release
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...e-Last-Kingdom
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default mods to play in 2017

Hi all, I'm looking for mod suggestions. Used to play loads of Stainless steel and Deus Lo Vult back in days, shame SS didnt get 7.0 =[
    Looking for mods that are recent and interested in hearing what is everyone playing/enjoying in 2017.

Cheers.
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

Default Re: mods to play in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by youngfool View Post
    Hi all, I'm looking for mod suggestions. Used to play loads of Stainless steel and Deus Lo Vult back in days, shame SS didnt get 7.0 =[
    Looking for mods that are recent and interested in hearing what is everyone playing/enjoying in 2017.

Cheers.
    SS does have two big submods that are still being developed in SSHIP and Titanium. EBII has a recent release and is still being worked on if you like the time period of RTW. There are still some submods in development for TATW if LotR is your thing. There's also Total Vanilla, which keeps more to the base game than other mods. I haven't yet played it though.

Default Re: mods to play in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    SS does have two big submods that are still being developed in SSHIP and Titanium. EBII has a recent release and is still being worked on if you like the time period of RTW. There are still some submods in development for TATW if LotR is your thing. There's also Total Vanilla, which keeps more to the base game than other mods. I haven't yet played it though.
    Oh, good to hear SS is still in development. I'm looking for longer campaign + immersion. So back to SS i go. Thanks!
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.