Thread: Call of Duty: World War 2 Announced

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Call of Duty: World War 2 Announced

Recently the theme of the next annual Call of Duty title was announced to be World War 2.

We don't know a whole lot yet but the reveal for April 26 at 10 AM EDT. Currently a few pictures have been leaked that allude to the American 1st "Big Red One" Infantry Division and D-Day that landed on Omaha Beach. The focus as of now seems to be the Americans. No mention as far as I can tell of any other battles or factions.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Call of Duty: World War 2 Announced

Although I'm very happy when they return to WW2. But... NORMANDY AGAIN ???? PLEASEEEEEE. NO MOREEEEEE.

Where is Burma, China, Phillipine, Italia, Ethiopi, Iraq, Iran, French West Africa, Saipan, Iwojima campaign?

Why we almost fighting at Normandy and Pearl Harbor again and again?

Funny how you can't play as the Axis powers let alone as any Allied minor.

Hollywood insprecd game of pew pew pew

And its actually omaha beach again? There were 5 beaches, someone should tell them.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Hey guys, we are back to beach again, are you happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    Funny how you can't play as the Axis powers let alone as any Allied minor.

Hollywood insprecd game of pew pew pew
    There are hundreds of WWII FPS games released since gaming industry become a thing. and at least when it comes to singleplayers campaign the story was about major allied side of conflict and specifically US troops 90% of the time. Call of Cuty as a major FPS franchise that visited WWII games many times could break this formula which has become boring as well by maybe this time tell the stories of soldiers on the other side of hill. Obviousely this is not going to happen at all :p

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I wonder what the reception would've looked like if we were told that there would be a German storyline. It might polarize the community: I am sure the oldest veterans of the series would rejoice at a return to familiar with a twist like an Axis perspective, but in this current political atmosphere I am sure the developers might quickly be labeled as Nazis or Fascists by some groups. But then again, the series has thrived on controversy before for marketing.

I've also been considering other fronts or campaigns they could've done. If they were more open to a darker, World at War-style approach, a Burma campaign would've been an excellent addition. It would be a completely unfamiliar setting and the player would be pitted once again versus the brutal Japanese. They could also fulfill the racial quota thing going on in games nowadays by featuring Indians and Chinese without having to stretch plausibility, plus one or two cheeky ANZAC characters for squadmates.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

I haven't cared much for CoD over the past couple of years....

I have cared less for another WW2-based (especially playing as the Americans....on the beaches of Normandy) game for even longer.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I haven't played COH in ages cuz modern and future theme, but I 'm interested about this one. Specially on SP campaign. MP is more meh for me.

Red orchesta 2 and rising storm 1 and 2 all the way. This will just be cheap fireworks for the masses.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

War - a new gameplay mode for CoD.
    Last edited by Basileos Leandros I; June 15, 2017 at 04:56 PM.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    And its actually omaha beach again? There were 5 beaches, someone should tell them.
    To be fair some of the beaches weren't exactly exiting as they were defended by two guys and a sausage stand.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

War. What a remarkably terrible name for the gamemode. They couldn't think of anything to call it so just war.

That's really fun playing this game.