Thread: No barbarians, until when?

Icon5 No barbarians, until when?

Hello, first I want to thank you guys for this great mod, I really appreciate the effort and the work put into this.It has the potential to be one of the best mods ever made for the Total War series, and I think it's already better than DeI.
    But why is there no playable "barbarian" faction in the mod yet; and is there going to be at least one soon?

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

Default Re: No barbarians, until when?

I have try Ancient Empires, and yes, I see it too, the potential if great.
    For "already better", I suggest, we must keep in patient, they work hard in behind the scene , and the status is still in "beta phase"
    I'm sure, when the complete/stable version launched, they will give Us, maybe not one, but more barbarian Tribes, complete with "have a city type", the "migrator type", and "migrating folks from the start type".

We still have major bug problems, clearly the focus should be on getting this mod to a fully playable state for the factions that are available before undertaking the task of adding more.

It's WIP, and understandable why the most popular factions get done first. A few barbarians have pretty extensive rosters, and I'd bet we can expect to see the Gauls and one or two Iberian factions relatively soon.

Many barbarian factions have large rosters indeed. We're taking it one step at a time, but discussions have begun concerning which barbarian factions would make the best candidates. They are quite equal in terms of completion. The horde mechanic is taken into consideration, as we'd like one of the first releases utilizing this Attila feature.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires