Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Default Re: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Found the tile_map for the new DLC, showing the shape of the campaign map. Each pixel is a battlefield tile map, and a big square is a settlement / special map (e.g. Teutoburg Forest) / cluster of maps (e.g. forests), yellow coasts are disembarkable/embarkable, red coasts are cliffs. I don't see many settlements on this one; they're usually found along roads as big squares, but this one doesn't have many... maybe it's a sign that they'll be bringing back Attila's horde mechanics to Rome II, relying on fewer settlements?

By the way, "inv" does mean "Invasion" after all (seeing lots of "main_invasion" files in the db).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Benjin, please tell me the Illyrian coast is playable/accessible with actual settlements on it.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    Benjin, please tell me the Illyrian coast is playable/accessible with actual settlements on it.
    I think they're not playable. As far as I can see from the map.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I think they're not playable. As far as I can see from the map.
    Yeah seems like. Can't these people for once make something complete? Does it kill to have some Illyrian cities and Greek colonies on the other side, not to mention Epirus and Makedon.

It's got to be always about the fck Celts and their horde . Another Wrath of Sparta bs. I'm out.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

They're not playable, but I've found triggers for them and many other tribes who spawn in from different sides of the map and raid / attack you. The "Illyrian Pirates" are one such faction.

Carthage and a few other African settlements are playable, though - so it's not just Italy + islands.
    Last edited by Benjin; July 12, 2018 at 02:21 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Oh my God the person above has a EUIV avatar...
    Only becuase I haven't got an Imperator: Rome avatar....

If we can colonise somebody has been playing EU Rome or having a sneak peak at the I:R dev diaries as you can colonise in those.

So for the colonisation mechanics for the Latins and the Greeks as missions/decision trees then by the look of it?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    Only becuase I haven't got an Imperator: Rome avatar....

If we can colonise somebody has been playing EU Rome or having a sneak peak at the I:R dev diaries as you can colonise in those.

So for the colonisation mechanics for the Latins and the Greeks as missions/decision trees then by the look of it?
    Yes, but I believe it's only for Syracuse who has the colonisation event mechanic - each faction gets its own event / political mechanics, like in Thrones of Britannia.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

They're not playable, but I've found triggers for them and many other tribes who spawn in from different sides of the map and raid / attack you. The "Illyrian Pirates" are one such faction.

Carthage and a few other African settlements are playable, though - so it's not just Italy + islands.
    You mean to say they're just minor factions or it's simply events or random pirate ships attacking or outside factors that cause loss of income and population happiness for example?

RexImperator's Avatar Biarchus

Some questionsWill Tarchuna be Latin, Etruscan or Volscian? If Etruscan will that carry over into the Grand campaign through units like the Getae and Dacia in imperator augustus?Will Syracuse get new units? Will they carry over into the grand campaign?Can factions marry outside of their faction (i.e marriage alliance between Syracuse and Tarentum)Why no Carthage?Wil samnites get a decent unit roster?
    Last edited by RexImperator; July 12, 2018 at 02:42 PM. Reason: formatting

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Tarchuna is etruscan for Tarquinia. You can already marry between two factions pre ancestral betapatch.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

You mean to say they're just minor factions or it's simply events or random pirate ships attacking or outside factors that cause loss of income and population happiness for example?
    Minor factions that randomly spawn in, like the Vikings in Thrones of Britannia. Some spawn on land (e.g. Massylii in Africa, Helvetii in Cisalpine Gaul), some spawn as fleets on the sea (e.g. Illyrians to the eastern edge of the Mediterranean).

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Minor factions that randomly spawn in, like the Vikings in Thrones of Britannia. Some spawn on land (e.g. Massylii in Africa, Helvetii in Cisalpine Gaul), some spawn as fleets on the sea (e.g. Illyrians to the eastern edge of the Mediterranean).
    I haven't played ToB so I have no idea about this feature. Are the Vikings that randomly spawn still playable (through modding of course)?

And what do you think about the Illyrian coast? Is it accessible or covered in fog?

Thanks for the replies by the way.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

I haven't played ToB so I have no idea about this feature. Are the Vikings that randomly spawn still playable (through modding of course)?

And what do you think about the Illyrian coast? Is it accessible or covered in fog?

Thanks for the replies by the way.
    Covered by fog - there's no embarkable coast, roads or any other defining terrain features for battles in Illyria, unfortunately.

I don't know if they'll be playable if you toggle them as "playable" - I don't think they start off as existing. Maybe if someone were to change the startpos to include them at the start, toggle them as playable, make their all their starting units have free upkeep (so they don't suffer from attrition due to economy) and make them immune to no settlement attrition, then I think you could make them playable.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

@Nikron Look at map from Benjin, try to find yellow coastal areas. These are probably accesible for ship landings. So basically these regions will be playable areas. ;-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Covered by fog - there's no embarkable coast, roads or any other defining terrain features for battles in Illyria, unfortunately.

I don't know if they'll be playable if you toggle them as "playable" - I don't think they start off as existing. Maybe if someone were to change the startpos to include them at the start, toggle them as playable, make their all their starting units have free upkeep (so they don't suffer from attrition due to economy) and make them immune to no settlement attrition, then I think you could make them playable.
    Yeah I see. Then screw this DLC. Personally I aint paying for a boring Celtic vs Greek culture map for 100+ turns. This is even worse than Wrath of Sparta.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    @Nikron Look at map from Benjin, try to find yellow coastal areas. These are probably accesible for ship landings. So basically these regions will be playable areas. ;-)
    I don't think so bro. Balkans is always left out. Guess I'll stick to Macedonian Wars campaign from DEI for another year. At least there I get to see legions vs phalanx vs hoplites and way more cultural variety.

@ Daruwind: I will buy the DLc, there a many different warriors from the italic tribes with new assets, as i can see by the unitcards.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Yeap. Lot's of new assets, especially for Celtic factions.

FERRDO's Avatar Laetus

Maybe someone would be so good as to post some samples of the new unit cards?

It could still be in development though, so we can still hope fam @Nikron

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio View Post
    @ Daruwind: I will buy the DLc, there a many different warriors from the italic tribes with new assets, as i can see by the unitcards.
    Unit cards you say?

<.<
    >.>
    psst kid, mind passing me some of those?