Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2080TI

Indefinitely Banned

Icon5 2080TI

I been hearing a lot of mix reviews about the 2080TI. So do you guys think the 2080TI will/is better then the 1080TI?

Default Re: 2080TI

It's certainly better but by how much degree is the question that will be answered when benchmark for it will be released once the cards are out on the market.

I think it will have a clear advantage in ray tracing games but besides that not much when compared to 1080ti.

While including the severe harsh price on it, i think performance/dollar wise it won't be that good in comparison.

We will know once it's released though.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Not much we can do without any benchmarks. Though I am skeptical to the performance of the card, since they seem to put most of the attention on RayTracing. A clever attempt to move attention from poor performance increments otherwise?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Apparently, the initial run has sold out.

Contemplating the virtues of a 1080, ex Kessel Mines, at under four hundred bucks, which apparently is the current going price.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    It's certainly better but by how much degree is the question that will be answered when benchmark for it will be released once the cards are out on the market.

I think it will have a clear advantage in ray tracing games but besides that not much when compared to 1080ti.

While including the severe harsh price on it, i think performance/dollar wise it won't be that good in comparison.

We will know once it's released though.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Not much we can do without any benchmarks. Though I am skeptical to the performance of the card, since they seem to put most of the attention on RayTracing. A clever attempt to move attention from poor performance increments otherwise?
    Αgreed. I can't see the logic behind an update. People with 1070,1080ti cards will be more than ok for the next 2-4 yrs at least (1080p gaming of course). The ray tracing tech is surely extraordinary and promising but with no games supporting it yet, except for the pending Battlefield and the next Lara Croft installment. More games will (ofc) support it in the future, but till then 3X series of GPUs will be released. So I can't see myself upgrading yet, I'm a known masochist with graphics and performance, but I'm not willing to pay 1.200E for a ti, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    Apparently, the initial run has sold out.

Contemplating the virtues of a 1080, ex Kessel Mines, at under four hundred bucks, which apparently is the current going price.
    Yesterday I was checking 1080ti GPUs on the market. You could easily find used ones with 500E and even with warranty still active.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 12:30 PM.

Blog Entries

A 2080ti costs as much as my entire setup here, possible a bit more.
    and Peaman

A 2080ti costs as much as my entire setup here, possible a bit more.
    Υeah it's crazy. It'll be around 1300 euros in the European market AFAIK.

Blog Entries

1550 EUR here in Norway
    and Peaman

1550 EUR here in Norway
    Speechless.
    Duty taxes are killing us.

Blog Entries

Aye, though our wages compensate
    and Peaman

Aye, though our wages compensate
    Ours don't...not at all.

So there have been some leaks which seem to be "credible" and it seems that the performance boost in gaming between 1080Ti and 2080Ti is 30-35%. No third party info on ray tracing performance but it seems the cards are not that big of a deal as Nvidia seems to be hyping about. This boost is merely because of more cores and GDDR6 VRAM from the looks of it.
    https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-2080...er-vs-1080-ti/

When 1080Ti came out, it was 79% more powerful in gaming performance in comparison to 980Ti. Which is what made it really popular. This is something i don't see here. Now it could be some bottleneck issue or their drivers need to be optimized but all of this is just guesstimate and we need to see some aftermarket action before making the purchase. Pre-ordering seems very illogical here right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Shogun Panther View Post
    I been hearing a lot of mix reviews about the 2080TI. So do you guys think the 2080TI will/is better then the 1080TI?
    It's going to be 25-35% faster than the 1080Ti. Which imo, is more than marginal.

Im of course not stating that off any specific benchmarks, as there are none, but more so from looking at clock speed/core count differences. Which have historically scaled fairly similarly across architectures. At least since the 700 series.

Also as per Techradar review: https://www.techradar.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti

They played Battlefield V and Metro: Exodus with Nvidia RTX turned on, and saw performance run in excess of 100 fps at 4K and Ultra settings.

Blog Entries

The Techspot benchmark (https://www.techspot.com/review/1692...u-performance/)of Battlefield V gives the GTX 1080 TI at 4k Ultra settings an average of 60 fps. How a 30% increase will lead to a 100+ fps for the 2080 TI is beyond me
    and Peaman

Currently both the games, Tomb Raider and BFV are struggling to maintain a smooth 60 fps at 4K with Ray tracing ON. Which is why BF developers have already decided to dial back the ray tracing engine in the game to make it more FPS friendly.
    https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ba...ing,37732.html
    Ray Tracing tech is just a new sales advertising and won't be fully fleshed out until it reaches the next GPU series. So don't get on the hype train just yet. It's like how Physx was introduced back in the earlier days of PC gaming when ATX was trying hard to give NVIDIA a challenge with their Radeon series.

Only Nvidia benchmarks released are these for 2080:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2080 Ti will go over it but all of this is vague as hell since no proper hardware info and in game settings have been told to get an accurate comparison with 1080 Ti.

So there have been some leaks which seem to be "credible" and it seems that the performance boost in gaming between 1080Ti and 2080Ti is 30-35%. No third party info on ray tracing performance but it seems the cards are not that big of a deal as Nvidia seems to be hyping about. This boost is merely because of more cores and GDDR6 VRAM from the looks of it.
    https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-2080...er-vs-1080-ti/

When 1080Ti came out, it was 79% more powerful in gaming performance in comparison to 980Ti. Which is what made it really popular. This is something i don't see here. Now it could be some bottleneck issue or their drivers need to be optimized but all of this is just guesstimate and we need to see some aftermarket action before making the purchase. Pre-ordering seems very illogical here right now.
    The Techspot benchmark (https://www.techspot.com/review/1692...u-performance/)of Battlefield V gives the GTX 1080 TI at 4k Ultra settings an average of 60 fps. How a 30% increase will lead to a 100+ fps for the 2080 TI is beyond me
    Currently both the games, Tomb Raider and BFV are struggling to maintain a smooth 60 fps at 4K with Ray tracing ON. Which is why BF developers have already decided to dial back the ray tracing engine in the game to make it more FPS friendly.
    https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ba...ing,37732.html
    Ray Tracing tech is just a new sales advertising and won't be fully fleshed out until it reaches the next GPU series. So don't get on the hype train just yet. It's like how Physx was introduced back in the earlier days of PC gaming when ATX was trying hard to give NVIDIA a challenge with their Radeon series.

Only Nvidia benchmarks released are these for 2080:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2080 Ti will go over it but all of this is vague as hell since no proper hardware info and in game settings have been told to get an accurate comparison with 1080 Ti.
    Not impressed, though I'm a known Green fan. I would say that the 1X series were one of the most successful of all time. My personal favorites actually. I'm thinking for a 1080ti sli for this year. Can't see any need to move on the 2X yet. Especially with the 1300E price tag.
    I'm sure the Tracing tech will shine in about 1-2 yrs (maybe more). Till then, it's too early and costly..

PS
    I would like to playtest BFV with tracing on though. Because BF is always a very good optimized game, I have played BF1 solid 60fps 1440p with a 1070gtx, amazing performance and job from Dice on that aspect. So it'll be a good game to check how tracing performs.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 07, 2018 at 02:21 AM.

So the benchmarks are out and it looks like 2080 is equivalent to 1080ti. With 2080ti gaining the lead but in the end the prices are just plain stupid for the offered gains. Ray Tracing isn't out yet and only a handful of games promise to include it. And from the looks of things, it will cripple a card like 2070 since it seems to be very demanding. The 4K experience on 2080ti with ray tracing may also be not that smooth, considering you pay 1200$ for it.

Seeing this, right now some 1080ti cards are on sale, so it is be a good time to grab those instead. I think Nvidia just built this hype on purpose and using the RTX series as a buffer and keep the prices of 1080 series high as they have plenty of those which still are circulating in the market. So, personally i would just sit this one out and wait for the next generation, where ray tracing and DLSS etc may be more common by then in several games and newer hardware offering far better performance than the current one. Also prices may be a little low since by then AMD will be ready to offer a competition. Intel may also jump in 2020 if the rumours are true for unveiling their discrete GPU prototype in CES 2019.

After the benches my previous post still stands. I haven't tried SLI since 580gtx so I guess a 1080ti SLI setup looks more promising now than ever. The dedicated driver support is also far better than before and the scaling was also increased decently with the 10X gtx series.
    Sorry 2X but no.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 25, 2018 at 06:40 AM.

It's a gimmick, and even if it wasn't, I'm not paying twelve hundred bucks for a graphic card, unless it brings my waifu to virtual life.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Yeah exactly, it's just hype in the end and needs more time to fully develop and then later on adopted by developers, by which time this card will be outdated.
    Besides that it's definitely a beast card for 4K gaming but i personally have no use for that. Right now i prefer 1080p and i just use my smart 55" TV for playing FIFA and stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast