Thread: Edits to descr_sounds_music and export_descr_unit won't take effect?

apollon's Avatar Libertus

Default Edits to descr_sounds_music and export_descr_unit won't take effect?

If you edit export_descr_unit and descr_soubds_music, will those changes be reflected in an ongoing campaign, or do I have to start a new one?

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Edits to descr_sounds_music and export_descr_unit won't take effect?

For your sounds changes did you also delete events.dat and events.idx? Those have to be regenerated by the game every time you make a change.

I think EDU changes can be made in an ongoing campaign with no problem, but I'm not 100% on that one.

Default Re: Edits to descr_sounds_music and export_descr_unit won't take effect?

Thank you very much for the first answer!

Still trying to figure out the second question. But maybe the problem isn't EDU after all, but EDB (export_descr_buildings).
    I'm trying to make a certain unit that is exclusive to a certain faction recruitable by one other faction. I added that faction's name under "ownership" in EDU, and I also did the same under "required factions" in the building that recruits that unit in EDB. But that unit won't show up ingame in the list of recruitable units.
    Last edited by apollon; September 15, 2018 at 09:33 AM.

OK, I figured out what I did wrong, regarding the units. I wasn't aware that every level of barracks has its own unit list.

Concerning the sound problem, I deleted events.dat and events.idx, but now the game is almost mute. 90% of all sounds, including interface sounds, are gone.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

It might be the missing Kingdoms sound files problem. See the sticky in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...nd-Other-Media

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yup, you require all of the sound text files to be present when you generate new IDX\DAT files. Simply extract that set into the data folder of your mod and then add your updated descr_sounds_music file (from the back up you obviously made before extracting). Now delete those IDX\DAT files again and enjoy your music.