Thread: [TEMPORARY VERSION] Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f FIXED FOR DIPLOMACY BUG

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default [TEMPORARY VERSION] Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f FIXED FOR DIPLOMACY BUG

After making a review of the current fix pack earlier today, I noticed a couple of the Personality modifiers that had been uploaded with the Beta aren't correct. The values are part of the diplomatic interaction work I am currently tweaking at the moment. In the process of exchanging the many new CAI additions and reconfigured old ones, a decision was made to stick with 3 System Task Generator Groups instead of slimming down to the proposed 2 task group system. While the revision adjustments were made, a few columns of a large test pack in the works were added in, instead of the appropriate ones. I take full responsibility for this error, and I assumed a problem would most likely occur after I made my findings a few hours ago. Dresden is currently out of the town at the moment I believe, and though I hoped somehow the modifiers (currently 5 - 7.5% off at the moment) wouldn't have a notable impact, that doesn't seem to be the case. With Dresden obviously not able to upload a fix pack, I decided to post a Temporary fixed version before more players progress with current campaigns or begin new ones. Diplomacy should no longer be as easy to engage in, I.e. what the bug caused, and I reviewed to ensure no known bugs from my side are present as well. Everything seems to be in working order now.

I am incredibly sorry for this appalling mistake, as errors like this have no place among a thoroughly developed mod like DEI.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i7...beJoOIlb0Q_MZj

PS. FlashHeart I await your wrath, and if you deem death be my punishment, then so be it. To the Gallows...

Foederatus

Default Re: [TEMPORARY VERSION] Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f FIXED FOR DIPLOMACY BUG

Thank you for your courage! Mistakes happen...

Default Re: [TEMPORARY VERSION] Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f FIXED FOR DIPLOMACY BUG

No! Don't send Scipio to the gallows, how will I get updates to all my favourite DeI submods?

On a more serious note, it's fine for the error, we all make mistakes in the end. Just good to know you fixed it quickly!

A posh raider fellow wuz 'ere~

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Don't worry, Scipio, no damage done! I've got thus far around 10 turns into a newly-started campaign with the Seleukids and I've indeed noticed that the diplomacy was slightly off-balance with other factions being perhaps too keen on accepting my proposals, but that wasn't something that I would consider a significant error.

Thanks for a swift reaction and the fix!

a.ieraci's Avatar Foederatus

thanks

Foederatus

Client states of AI show up on the diplomacy map with 1 turn delay after they have been established. Think this is new in this version.

Is this save game compatible?

So this version or the last randomly broke my mod. It broke with the old one and I updated to this, and both cases when I turn off just this patch it works fine. I tried reinstalling the mod several times as well. I will try a few more things and see if I can resolve the issue.

Disregard, this seems to be a problem with Steam. It works when I download it manually from this website.

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Is this the reason why Dei won't run tonight? Played last night for three hours and now the game won't come up, freezes after the continue campaign splash screen.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    Is this the reason why Dei won't run tonight? Played last night for three hours and now the game won't come up, freezes after the continue campaign splash screen.
    Can’t say I’m sure, I always use manual downloads of DEI and works out for me. Maybe try that?

Its not a crash or game breaking bug so no need to panic . I will be away for a few days but its a beta and the CAI overhaul is a large one so things like this are inevitable. Its better than my mistakes that simply break the mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----