Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Idiot Trump blames the Baltic countries for the Balkan conflicts while at WWI memorial

Praeses

Default Re: Idiot Trump blames the Baltic countries for the Balkan conflicts while at WWI memorial

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
    Im no fan of him either, but this is turning into crying wolf over nothing with these topics already. Let's hope he doesn't actually do something big and consequential bad decision as the constant volume knob to 11 moaning over him would mean the valid criticism would fall on numbed ears and drown into that constant cacophony.
    I agree, Trump has been snowed by the press over other issues, and his political opponents have had seizures over minor issues. It has been at times as bad as Obama faced, and from more of the press too. its a very fair point that all the frothing has led to outrage fatigue, and diminishes actual faults.

This is a noteworthy issue given its a symbolic insult to every other participating party during a culturally significant event. No one died, but the reputation of the US was diminished by this performance.

Given Trump's self adulation (and the chorus of God Emperor hero worship from his acolytes) his timorous weakness in this instance is particularly telling. Once again he has been publicly shamed by Putin.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Default Re: Idiot Trump blames the Baltic countries for the Balkan conflicts while at WWI memorial

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    He did NOT make a slip of the tongue. He accused, to their faces, the leaders of the Baltic nations of having started the BALKAN conflict. How the is that a slip of the tongue?!

Are you really not understanding the difference here? Does it need to be outlined on 3x5 cards like Trump has to have when he needs something explained to him? Cause I can probably do that if that's what it takes for you to understand that what Trump did was idiotic.
    Dude. Come down. We get it, you watch CNN, you support Democrats and you think that Trump is an incarnation of evil. You have a right to have this opinion. We don't even blame you for that, since I'm sure there are people who are as one-sided on GOP side as well.
    But it is quite funny how you think that a verbal typo is part of Trump's diabolical plan to sacrifice Baltic states to Putin or whatever CNN decided to spout today.
    And again, I ask, are you incapable of acknowledging that your Dear Leader might just be an moron with the mind of a child? You also are refusing, to the point of disruption, to answer why Trump HAD to make this an issue.
    Well I'm from Canada, where Prime-Minister Justin Trudeau is a moron with a mind of a child.
    But seriously, the more you pretend to be outraged about Trump having a slip of a tongue confusing two very similarly-sounding region names, the more entertaining this gets. Do you also believe that "cofvefe" was a secret sign to neo-nazi groups to start attacking minorities?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Oh wow.

Wow.

You're exactly the person we make so much effort to educate. The sort of person that could be really, is really dangerous. Supporting demagogues while the meaning of these ceremonies is utterly lost on you. This ceremony invited all major leaders to attend, including Putin. This ceremony is directly before a peace conference that Turkey and Russia are attending, and Trump is not.

I recommend you get started with the Great War YouTube channel.

Lest we forget, and also to tell those who don't know.
    First of all I don't support Trump-like demagogues, merely pointed out the hystery over everything he does is getting overblown causing crying wolf effect.

Secondly how is meaning of these ceremonies lost to me? And how come i suddenly know nothing about WWI? Whats with your baseless accusations. Im a goddamn history nerd hanging out at TWC who has read countless books on the subject and watched that youtube channel too you mentioned. Maybe calm down with your completely unfounded projections that just really tell more about you and your eagerness to cast prejudices on others based on nothing and maybe also get off your high horse portraying yourself as my educator while at it. Pretty sure i could talk you under the table especially in WWII history matters, but im fairly well versed in WWI too.

Here's some more down to earth speculation on reasons behind why he didn't go:
    http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...sident-himself

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrive
    In the end, there are plenty of potential issues to take Trump to task on, we do it here when we see fit as well, but this isn't one of those times—at least not yet—and the idiotic commentary and blind claims regarding Trump's no-show at the event just highlight how many in the media will jump on him for anything, which makes their arguments against his actual policies and direct actions so much less impactful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    WARNING, this image triggers Trump supporters:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Maybe save your criticism for Trump when it matters, rather than making exaggerated fuss over every tweet and trivial (in grand scheme of things) diplomatic faux pas and situations of similar light caliber into several page poo slinging circle jerk.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; November 16, 2018 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Disruptive.

If you have a problem with Trump missing the event, feel free to share your invaluable security expertise with the Secret Service, otherwise this is just a silly conspiracy theory. Obama also missed major events for security reasons.

https://www.vox.com/2015/1/12/753197...ry-paris-march

On Sunday, at least 3.7 million people across France — including 1.2 to 1.6 million in Paris alone — marched in anti-terrorism protests following this past Wednesday's attack against the French satirical magazine Charle Hebdo. Notably, a large number of world leaders were in Paris for the occasion, including German chancellor Angela Merkel, British prime minister David Cameron, Spanish prime minister Mariano Rajoy, Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas, and of course French president François Hollande.

US ambassador to France Jane Hartley attended the Paris rally, but the absence of President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and Secretary of State John Kerry has prompted criticism. This morning's New York Daily News cover is perhaps the bluntest example

But even the White House itself is conceding the point, with press secretary Josh Earnest conceding that "we should have sent someone with a higher profile to be there."
    Why didn't Obama, Biden or Kerry attend?

Earnest cited security concerns, and the short notice provided ahead of the event, in explaining Obama's non-participation.

His explanation jibes with statements other senior administration officials have given in off-the-record statements to press. "It is worth noting that the security requirements for both the President and (Vice President) can be distracting from events like this — for once this event is not about us!" one told CNN's Eric Bradner.

Emphasizing the latter point, another official told Bloomberg View's Josh Rogin that the White House didn't want the focus of the event to be on Obama rather than the people of France.

As Earnest said, Obama's participation could have been logistically difficult. NBC News' First Read reports, "White House officials tell us that that they weren't aware of the rally until Friday, and — for logistic and security purposes — they couldn't have organized a trip that quickly." Administration officials also noted that Obama called Hollande and visited the French embassy in DC to offer his condolences, and that US counterterrorism agencies have been cooperating extensively with the French since the Charlie Hebdo attack.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    If you have a problem with Trump missing the event, feel free to share your invaluable security expertise with the Secret Service, otherwise this is just a silly conspiracy theory. Obama also missed major events for security reasons.

https://www.vox.com/2015/1/12/753197...ry-paris-march
    Here's another:
    https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/...ial-day-event/

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    But it is quite funny how you think that a verbal typo is part of Trump's diabolical plan to sacrifice Baltic states to Putin or whatever CNN decided to spout today.
    Good god you are not actually listening, are you.

Let me simplify it further. It might even be simple enough by now for a child to understand.

1. Trump, without cause or reason, decided to use a diplomatic event to accuse members of visiting nations that they started a war 20+ years ago. They did not, because

2. Trump, being an idiot, mixed up Balkans and Baltics when making his accusation, because he is an idiot. (I cannot stress this enough, it has nothing to do with it being a "verbal typo" and I have no idea where you are getting this from. Again, he was not speaking at a rally to his drooling legions of supporters)

You have oddly continued to defend (2), despite their being no defense for such a gaffe with world leaders in attendance.

Meanwhile you have ignored (1), repeatedly, because it does not suit whatever kind of argument you think we are actually having.

If he had not decided to do (1), he would not have done (2).
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Good god you are not actually listening, are you.

Let me simplify it further. It might even be simple enough by now for a child to understand.

1. Trump, without cause or reason, decided to use a diplomatic event to accuse members of visiting nations that they started a war 20+ years ago. They did not, because

2. Trump, being an idiot, mixed up Balkans and Baltics when making his accusation, because he is an idiot. (I cannot stress this enough, it has nothing to do with it being a "verbal typo" and I have no idea where you are getting this from. Again, he was not speaking at a rally to his drooling legions of supporters)

You have oddly continued to defend (2), despite their being no defense for such a gaffe with world leaders in attendance.

Meanwhile you have ignored (1), repeatedly, because it does not suit whatever kind of argument you think we are actually having.

If he had not decided to do (1), he would not have done (2).
    Again, you are either not getting the point or you are just really desperate to attack Trump and his supporters even at the expense of making yourself sound rather irrational.
    1. He accused Balkans of starting WW1. Actually something I'd disagree with, but whatever, it is a pretty conventional point to make.
    2. He made a verbal typo and said "Baltics" instead. Normal people didn't care, while NPCs Democrat fanatics lost their minds over a slip of a tongue because media told them so. Talking about drooling supporters, huh?

Praeses

1. He accused Balkans of starting WW1. Actually something I'd disagree with, but whatever, it is a pretty conventional point to make.
    Actually he accused the Baltic states of starting the Balkan conflicts of the 1990's. But carry on.

2. He made a verbal typo and said "Baltics" instead.
    "Verbal typo", do you mean a stupid blunder? We don't need new words to describe what this dishonourable slob does, its old stuff.

Normal people didn't care, while NPCs Democrat fanatics lost their minds over a slip of a tongue because media told them so.
    Outside the red/blue bubble of US factional politics people who know the difference between the Baltic states and Balkans are, and know the difference between WWI and the Balkan conflicts of the 1990's were aghast at his ignorance.

Talking about drooling supporters, huh?
    By "drooling" do you mean people making basic errors of fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Actually he accused the Baltic states of starting the Balkan conflicts of the 1990's. But carry on.
    Sure, he said "Baltic" when he made to say "Balkan". Much like his predecessors mixed Austria and Australia.
    "Verbal typo", do you mean a stupid blunder? We don't need new words to describe what this dishonourable slob does, its old stuff.

I like the irony of you making typos while accusing Trump of slip of a tongue. Does that make you "dishonourable" as well?
    Outside the red/blue bubble of US factional politics people who know the difference between the Baltic states and Balkans are, and know the difference between WWI and the Balkan conflicts of the 1990's were aghast at his ignorance.
    It is quite clear to anyone who isn't a hysterical anti-Trump activist that he didn't do that on purpose.
    By "drooling" do you mean people making basic errors of fact?
    No I mean people who literally think that he did that on purpose or make big deal out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post

WARNING this video triggers Trump haters as it portrays pretty accurately how absurd it looks to others when the amount of hate reaches irrational levels:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Trump haters: "Today's reason why Donald Trump is a is because he failed to due his duty and honour the dead, because it rained".

Trump supporters: "THAT WON'T STOP ME BECAUSE I CANNOT READ, HERE A VIDEO".

Praeses

Sure, he said "Baltic" when he made to say "Balkan". Much like his predecessors mixed Austria and Australia.
    I didn't say they weren't dishonourable.

I like the irony of you making typos while accusing Trump of slip of a tongue. Does that make you "dishonourable" as well?
    It would be grammatic irony, except that's the correct spelling. Are you using simplified English?

It is quite clear to anyone who isn't a hysterical anti-Trump activist that he didn't do that on purpose.
    I don't think he did it on purpose, I think he did it out of ignorance.

No I mean people who literally think that he did that on purpose or make big deal out of this.
    What about people who think he was talking about WWI when he meant the Balkan conflict of the 1990's?

Trump is an indefensible ass.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

When you combine his mistake with missing two different services for veterans I see mistake just uneducated disinterest it achieving the basis of the role of head of state. Add to that his harsh indifference in public to say the Wildfires in Californian or the results of his spiteful neglect of Puerto Rico. Overall he deserves harsh criticism.

I like the irony of you making typos while accusing Trump of slip of a tongue
    There is no Irony. Cyclops is not a world leader on the world stage, nor actor on Broadway, nor submitting his final PhD Theseus for review, nor even a news anchor, nor even head of the debate team in round one... But typing a response on message board.

Admit it HH hammer it was no slip of the tongue - If Trump as assaulted by John Acosta and asked to name 3 Balkan and Baltic countries he could not do it. He certainly could pick one that had city that hosted an Olympics. Does he now which two countries were involved in the outbreak of the war? Again I really bet he could not tell you which side Japan was on.

Although small it serves the US well to have both Balkan and Baltic states has our allies. What seems a simple gaff is the show disinterest or not really caring and probably not perceiving the strategic value to the US. Perhaps getting their country right and who knows gasp maybe memorizing hello you the kind of thing you do when you pick up a foreign associate or business partner you know a simple gesture of respect.
    Last edited by conon394; November 13, 2018 at 07:27 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Miles

I'm confused. Were the Balkans not part of World War 1? Didn't they assassinate the Arch Duke of Ferdinand?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Army Cheese View Post
    I'm confused. Were the Balkans not part of World War 1? Didn't they assassinate the Arch Duke of Ferdinand?
    Indeed.
    Trump is just a clumsy idiot. Who said Baltic countries...

What a joke. The real life citizen kane. Covfefe!!! Rosebud!!!
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; November 13, 2018 at 10:02 AM.

Looks like a terrified and lashing out Trump is abandoning lots of his duties right now, failing to attend the annual Southeast Asia Summit, failing to meet the visiting King of Jordan, and failing to visit, as promised, the troops pointlessly sent to the US-Mexico border for a midterm piece of grandstanding, now sadly forgotten to eat pot noodles in -stain Texas:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...113-story.html

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

This isn't the first time.

The South Korean president was waiting for him at the DMZ.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    When you combine his mistake with missing two different services for veterans I see mistake just uneducated disinterest it achieving the basis of the role of head of state. Add to that his harsh indifference in public to say the Wildfires in Californian or the results of his spiteful neglect of Puerto Rico. Overall he deserves harsh criticism.
    There are, in fact, sane rational reasons to criticize Trump - for his attack on Syria, support for Israel and Saudi Arabia, not lifting sanctions on Russia and Iran, etc
    But instead the mouth-breathing morons from "resistance" movement criticize him for eating steak well done, getting 3 scoops of ice cream and now this.
    As for memorial events, presidents miss those all the time. One has to be really daft to think that it was his own decision, as opposed to decisions being made by security detail.

There are, in fact, sane rational reasons to criticize Trump - for his attack on Syria, support for Israel and Saudi Arabia, not lifting sanctions on Russia and Iran, etc
    But instead the mouth-breathing morons from "resistance" movement criticize him for eating steak well done, getting 3 scoops of ice cream and now this.
    As for memorial events, presidents miss those all the time. One has to be really daft to think that it was his own decision, as opposed to decisions being made by security detail.
    This implies Trump isn't criticized for his inept economic police, for his choices in executive appointments, and his foreign policy. He is. He is thoroughly criticized on tariffs, low taxes, military spending, and some of the most inept government officials ever. From Ajit Pai to Scott Pruitt. Just like he's also criticized for embarrassing our country and for giving zero respect to veterans.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Trump can't stop.^^

After Twitter attacks Paris accuses Trump of lack of decency

Lack of decency - it is rare for governments or heads of state to blame themselves for this. The French government is now apparently public upsetted - after Trump's Twitter attacks.

The French government has accused US President Donald Trump of tactlessness over a series of critical tweets. "We recalled the murder of 130 of our compatriots three years ago in Paris and Saint-Denis and therefore I will answer in English: General decency would have been appropriate," said government spokesman Benjamin Griveaux.

Trump tweets against Macron

Trump had again clearly attacked French President Emmanuel Macron after returning from his visit to Paris. He wrote on Twitter on Tuesday that Macron was suffering from low approval ratings in France and had therefore wanted to draw attention to another topic. "By the way, there is no country more nationalist than France, very proud people, rightly so!" Trump continued.

A weekend full of tensions

Macron had used his remarks to commemorate the end of the First World War in Paris this weekend for an indirect, but unambiguous criticism of Trump. "Patriotism is the exact opposite of nationalism," Macron said. Trump calls himself a "nationalist".

Trump had traveled to Paris over the weekend to commemorate World War I commemoration. There he had not commented on Macron's comments on nationalism. But the weekend was accompanied by disagreements between the two of them. Trump had ushered in his visit with criticism of Macron - for his push to build a European army. Also this initiative Macron criticized Trump again on Tuesday in a Tweet. He also lamented injustices in wine trade between the US and France.

France had thought on Tuesday of the victims of Islamist terrorist attacks three years ago. On November 13, 2015, extremists had massacred in the concert hall "Bataclan" and shot down bars and restaurants in the east of the capital. At the Stade de France blasted during the football match France-Germany also three suicide bombers in the air.

Macron called for mutual respect in the evening. "I honestly do not do politics with Twitter or comments," Macron said in an interview with TF1. However, the US and France were "allies in every major moment of history," he said. However, France is not a vassal state of the USA.

https://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/macron-trump-125.html
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    This implies Trump isn't criticized for his inept economic police, for his choices in executive appointments, and his foreign policy. He is. He is thoroughly criticized on tariffs, low taxes, military spending, and some of the most inept government officials ever. From Ajit Pai to Scott Pruitt. Just like he's also criticized for embarrassing our country and for giving zero respect to veterans.
    He is criticized for things he shouldn't be criticized, while not being criticized for things that he should be criticized for.
    Again, the issue here is that aniti-Trump "resistance" is full of uneducated simpletons who are easily manipulated by the media and are fundamentally unable to even criticize him coherently.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast