Thread: Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Played this last night for 120 turns or so as Tankhudids and it was pretty fun!

Archers are much better now, they decimate the unarmored troops but have major issues with armored enemies.

Also, plagues are far less frequent at the beginning of the game, but are still omnipresent later on (last 5 cities and 10 armies that I defeated were plagued). I propose to give AI 3 points of sanitation. I believe that around that number the plagues will still appear, but won't be impossible to cure for the AI as it is now.

There are a couple of faction specific issues I had (too much money as a horde, spearmans not balanced - same cost for T1 and T2, with T2 being much better).

Still, great experience so far, looking forward to trying some other faction in the future!
    Last edited by Odinarius; November 25, 2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: update

Default Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Quote Originally Posted by Odinarius View Post
    Played this last night for 120 turns or so as Tankhudids and it was pretty fun!
    Nice to know you like it .

I propose to give AI 3 points of sanitation. I believe that around that number the plagues will still appear, but won't be impossible to cure for the AI as it is now.
    I was thinking rather to add specific perk for selected factions like ERE to increase sanitation selectively, barbarians at major were dirty dogs in fact . However plagues at those times were pretty common, i'm more convinced just to lower effect of plagues to limit casualties due to them.

There are a couple of faction specific issues I had (too much money as a horde, spearmen not balanced - same cost for T1 and T2, with T2 being much better).
    That is something that should be verified at some point, but remember that your cost of upkeep and recruitment are managed with few additional factors, so some bonuses can create situation when units of different tiers can cost the same money or very near. Hordes and migrators are meant to be easier (at least at the start later things don't look that easy) since that was their time in history. Anyway balancing all factions to be equally challenging is just impossible, as soon as you weaken/strenghten one the other is connected and will fail to easy or take advantage of the tweak. My purpose was to balance game to keep political situation and borders as stable as it was possible and correct due to history so - for example - WRE managed by AI keeps integrated for about 407 AD then should start to quickly collapse and being overrun by possible near to history factions - i just try to avoid situation that is standard in vanilla game, when half of empire is annexed by Caledonians or Irish.

Still, great experience so far, looking forward to trying some other faction in the future!
    Just remember that it is still my private view for what i want to see in the game, there is no possibility i can satisfy everyone, but again - nice to know you like it
    Last edited by Cgma; November 26, 2018 at 06:35 AM.