Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445

Thread: Assassin's Creed Unity & Assassin's Creed Rogue

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Unity & Assassin's Creed Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I wouldn't say that. I love Ezio but quite a lot of people believe that Black Flag was the best in the series.
    On the contary it revived the series.

A lot of non-AC fans and purist like IV because it's the only one in a long time to bring something new and fresh.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

There is one thing I dont understand when people say "AC needs to take a break for a year". A proper reasoning behind it. I cant see a reason what would make it worth it.

-Less "tiredness" with the players? Now AC is only SP, its very likely you'll have it completed in a month. Thats 11 months you have to "take a rest". Ac Roge and Unity in the same year was only because of the console generation switch
    -More time to devellop the games? Sure, Unity could have down with a few extra weeks. But having already an average cycle of 3-4 years, I dont see how an additional year can bring any reasonable benefit
    -Time to come up with big, revolutionary gameplay features? If they havent been invented in the previous 8 years, why would they be in a sabbatical year?

The only reason I see is so that people would stop comparing it to CoD. Which wont happen anyway. A break because of a break is just pointless.

Although this title might be the first I dont buy on release. But that has nothing to do with any of the things mentioned above. Without MP, there is no need for an active community that mainly only exists just after release

I really don't see any BAD things to have some time off, look at Witcher 3, Mass Effect 4 or Dragon Age Inqisition, people and the fans are so massively excited to play and enjoy these games because they have long life cycles, while really except the AC fanbase, I don't think anyone really cares at this point for the hooded white guy with some minor new gimmick. It wasn't like that when AC 2 was announced or even AC 3, then everybody kinda really wanted to see what has the AC brought in store.

Also for a franchise that is so based on story, how "Epic" can a game be when the next year already a new "Epic" campaign is coming out.

Seriously? We complain about his off-topic, non-constructive, constant flaming all the time, but nothing gets done about it, I post something informing that its pointless (once again, bcause moderators wont do ), and it gets removed within 30 minutes....

The report button never has worked this fast for me, and I had to report a lot worse stuff in R2 section...

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I really don't see any BAD things to have some time off, look at Witcher 3, Mass Effect 4 or Dragon Age Inqisition, people and the fans are so massively excited to play and enjoy these games because they have long life cycles, while really except the AC fanbase, I don't think anyone really cares at this point for the hooded white guy with some minor new gimmick. It wasn't like that when AC 2 was announced or even AC 3, then everybody kinda really wanted to see what has the AC brought in store.

Also for a franchise that is so based on story, how "Epic" can a game be when the next year already a new "Epic" campaign is coming out.
    They have long "life cycles" because they don't have three teams working on three different games in sequence. In reality the life cycles are the same. So don't throw that fallacy around as if it's an argument.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

AC doesn't have 3 full teams either, a lot of people are moved from place to place as needed. Technically it has 1 team operating under 3 names.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    AC doesn't have 3 full teams either, a lot of people are moved from place to place as needed. Technically it has 1 team operating under 3 names.
    Let me know when the other companies hire that many people and have three creative directors.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Irrelevant. You said they have 3 teams. They don't.

Also Blizzard, Bioware and Paradox Interactive
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Not to mention that games like witcher and dragon age are open world rpg's, and do not have that much in common with AC, which remains mainly an historical action adventure game.

But the question remains unanswered: what would happen in that sabbatical year that cant be done currently?

(also, started on Shadow of Mordor today, wow, they didnt lie it was at least 50% AC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    They have long "life cycles" because they don't have three teams working on three different games in sequence. In reality the life cycles are the same. So don't throw that fallacy around as if it's an argument.
    Then those are three poor poor teams since CoD teams make more different CoD games. Also you really claim that an AC game has a long or equal life cycle like one of those titles I mentioned? I really doubt it, playing one game for 4 years is less likely if you get bombarded by new titles of the same franchise. My proof : AC and CoD.
    Not to mention that games like witcher and dragon age are open world rpg's, and do not have that much in common with AC, which remains mainly an historical action adventure game.
    That has nothing to do with genre, I just named them because they were relevant titles in last year or two. My point was that it's way more interesting to wait for a title for a few years so it gets new radical features, visuals, mechanics etc.. instead of getting slight variations of the same thing for 5 straight years.

You can see the Uncharted (adventure) series, Bioshock (fps-ish) and GTA (open world) all are far more existing and interesting when they come out since they at least they have the advantage of new technology, more time to envision the game and even make some major changes. I mean look no further than the first 3 AC games. All of them were really interesting when they were announced because they handled new horizons.

Another good example I can't wait to play is Arkham Knight (Damn WB and their cluster of DLC's, editions...) It's the Epic conclusion of a story saga that's been going on from 2008, there is no way this game would have so much "weight" if it were released every year.

Of course if the AC writers had some grand plan from the beginning like Marvel for example and they have it all figured out to let's say 2020, so the AC games are like episodes that build up the finale. Yet somehow I doubt that, they probably make up stuff as they go along with it and maybe only have the roughest concepts for the future.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Uncharted is probably the wrong example. The Uncharted games look great but they're all so bland and boring and linear. They're only as adored as they are because it's the only decent franchise the Playstation fanboys really have.

And as far as GTA goes, I love them all but I preferred IV and V but did you not see how many people on the internet said that V was a complete disappointment? Rockstar got quite a bit of crap for it. Arkham Knight has got quite a bit of crap for not being as good as everybody wanted it to be too and I know it was a different developer but do you not remember the outcry about Arkham Origins?
    Honestly, I think this is a case of people will never be happy and will always moan about everything and ever since the annual Call of Duty release, that has always given people an example as to why they hate annual releases.

I'll be honest, I don't mind there being a new AC game every year. Unity is the first time the game has been particularly buggy and boring but everybody has turned around and been all "I told you annual releases were bad" but when you actually look at the games, they were all good except Unity!
    There's like an 80% chance that this Syndicate game is going to be good too, now that they've worked out the kinks with their new engine.

Well if it is a failure like you're saying at least it's a "big" failure or meaningful, the thing about Unity bugs not withstading, it was just " meh whatever, next one is coming soon anyway".

Though honestly I haven't noticed any major backlash for GTA V from it's own fans, though knowing franchise fans they will always find retarded ways of complaining, I like Battlefield games and whenever a new BF game is released the one before it suddenly becomes a gold standard (although they complained about it when it was the latest game).

Yet there other franchise tittles that are utter crap like RTW2 but at least it too had the major anticipation and gravitas, so the disappointment hurt.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

For what it's worth, Rogue is getting remastered for PS4/XBO. And coming out this March.

Not incredibly necessary but I don't mind playing it again since I traded in my copy.

Wouldn't have minded even more if they were releasing both III and Rogue together either.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Hello,

What you guys think for BlueStacks App Player and Gameloop Emulator?
    More in-depth, does BlueStacks losing it's charm against various new android emulators?

Pls share your ideas,

Thanks,