Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

With the console, leave your cursor somewhere on the stratmap and write show_cursorstat. It will give you the position of your cursor and the province name as well
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Woaoww ! ok, i will try that ! Thank you Lifth, thank you Nemesis !

Bah ... I tried everything with the coordinates on the captain:
    - move_character <Captain Andreas> <94>, <197>
    - move_character <Andreas> <94>, <197>
    - move_character <Captain Andreas> <197>, <94>
    ... etc

Nothing to do. The console cannot find the character.

Why is there not in the game the "Bribe" function?
    An army led by a simple captain in full enemy territory should easily be buyable.
    No ?

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    There should be no "Flemish pikemen" in the 12th century. The pikeman units are from the late period if I'm not mistaken.

These are in the rebel list. This type of unit must be replaced by a unit of time.
    The rebel list ( rebel factions) has no date parameters, unlike the mercenaries.
    So units have to cover a wide range of times. Inevitably there will be units that are inaccurate for a particular date.
    Flemish pikes are best known for their role at the battle of Coutrai in 1302.
    We can assume they were around before that date.
    If the mod only has units that were around at the start of the period covered c.1120, then they will be inaccurate for later dates.
    A certain amount of slack has to be cut for the limitations of the game engine in this case.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Woaoww ! ok, i will try that ! Thank you Lifth, thank you Nemesis !

Bah ... I tried everything with the coordinates on the captain:
    - move_character <Captain Andreas> <94>, <197>
    - move_character <Andreas> <94>, <197>
    - move_character <Captain Andreas> <197>, <94>
    ... etc

Nothing to do. The console cannot find the character.

Why is there not in the game the "Bribe" function?
    An army led by a simple captain in full enemy territory should easily be buyable.
    No ?
    Uhm when you put somebody's name , put it as i showed you using these : '' for example ''Captain Andreas'' not <Captain Andreas> and then the coordonates should be just there without any '' or < , or ' . If it doesnt work , try without any '' , just Captain Andreas.

On the bribes , yeah , if you have tons of money. As far as i know , in order to bribe an army you will need at least 3x or 5x time their cost xD , i remember being able to buy a stack of knights for around 400k in one of my games xD , thats a steal lol.

Hell even bribing diplomats would cost you 5-10k . Generals are as expensive and only low loyalaty ones work obviously.

If that army really annoys you , then attack it with any unit , write in console auto_win attacker and auto-resolve the battle and you will auto win the battle and desintagrate them xD. If you want to defend a city you write auto_win defender if you get attacked and it's the same. OBVIOUSLY if you are on defensive and you mistakenly write auto_win attacker then your attacker will crush you. Those are cheats btw since i noticed you didnt know about the commands. I use them when a siege bugs or i CTD in the middle of battle or smth like that and i dont want to restart the battle
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; May 10, 2020 at 03:59 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    On the bribes , yeah , if you have tons of money. As far as i know , in order to bribe an army you will need at least 3x or 5x time their cost xD , i remember being able to buy a stack of knights for around 400k in one of my games xD , thats a steal lol.

Hell even bribing diplomats would cost you 5-10k . Generals are as expensive and only low loyalaty ones work obviously.
    Given that I don't know anything about costs of bribing, could anyone find information how the Loyalty (and other attributes, is related to costs of bribe? I thougt it's mainly "BribeResistance" - but I also don't know how, and if information about this exists somewhere.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Given that I don't know anything about costs of bribing, could anyone find information how the Loyalty (and other attributes, is related to costs of bribe? I thougt it's mainly "BribeResistance" - but I also don't know how, and if information about this exists somewhere.
    Hmmm might actually have to rephrase that. The MORE LOYALTY a general has ,the more money he will require to bribe as far as i noticed. Also , they will not accept the bribe if you don't already have the money in your treasury. So if the guy wants 50k for bribery for example , but your treasury has 49k , he will decline the bribe offer. That's why you might actually notice bribery never works , is because most of the time they ask for HUGE sums of money and your treasury doesnt have it.

As for the traits , yeah, they basically increase their ,,price''. I have not tried bribing a 10 loyalty general , i think it works if you have like , all the money in the world xD.

https://gyazo.com/95788fcc7450b7cefe29022151708db2 - This guy had 5 loyality and wanted 138k as you can see (i had over 260k in treasury)
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; May 10, 2020 at 06:09 PM.

@ Used2BRoz Used2BRoz: You gave me an idea. As in my mod I propose to overwrite files with others when we change the period, I could create a restrictive list of rebels to avoid anachronisms during the first period.

@ nemesis2345 : The army of the Holy Roman Empire has finally moved away from Paris!The Almoravid faction went to war with them in the south of France and I promised the emperor to help them. I think that's why the army of the Holy Empire finally left.

@ Jurand of Cracow :I think that reconsidering the way in which one can corrupt an army would be necessary.

Blog Entries

@ Used2BRoz Used2BRoz: You gave me an idea. As in my mod I propose to overwrite files with others when we change the period, I could create a restrictive list of rebels to avoid anachronisms during the first period.
    Assuming this could work, I think that you will have to exit and restart the game anyway to get the change effects.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 11, 2020 at 02:41 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Assuming this could work, I think that you will have to exit and restart the game anyway to get the change effects.
    Of course, you must exit the game to be able to replace some files. It is really not very restrictive.
    Do you know players who manage to chain several periods without ever stopping and leaving the game ?

PS: can you tell me the file or files that should be modified ?

Blog Entries

You can try to contact Gigantus. I think that he did something quite similar by the past in 1648 mod for another purpose. But I think that the principle remains.

Blog Entries

@ kostic, have a look at that tutorial: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...dd-mercenaries
    Looks like conditions can be added to the mercenaries after all. That would solve the problem in an easy way if it works
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 11, 2020 at 05:09 AM. Reason: typos

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@ kostic, have a look at that tutorial: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...dd-mercenaries
    Looks like conditions can be added to the mercenaries after all. That would solve the problem in an easy way if it works
    The mercenaries can be conditioned by events etc., and this is already used in the SSHIP.
    Code:
    pool Baltics    regions Kernave_Province Riga_Province Twangste_Province Kolyvan_Province
        unit Lithuanian Archers            exp 2 cost 494 replenish 0.05 - 0.12 max 2 initial 1
        unit Mercenary Crossbowmen        exp 0 cost 360 replenish 0.02 - 0.06 max 1 initial 1 events { mounted_crossbows } end_year 1299
        unit Mercenary Crossbowmen        exp 1 cost 360 replenish 0.03 - 0.09 max 2 initial 1 start_year 1300 end_year 1399
        unit Mercenary Crossbowmen        exp 3 cost 360 replenish 0.05 - 0.13 max 3 initial 2 start_year 1400    
        unit Lithuanian Skirmishers        exp 1 cost 200 replenish 0.03 - 0.09 max 2 initial 0 end_year 1300
        unit Woodsmen                    exp 1 cost 388 replenish 0.03 - 0.09 max 2 initial 1 end_year 1230
        unit Axemen                        exp 1 cost 370 replenish 0.03 - 0.09 max 1 initial 1 start_year 1230 end_year 1400
        unit Dismounted Mercenary German Knights    exp 1 cost 680 replenish 0.02 - 0.06 max 1 initial 1 start_year 1350
        unit Free Company Men at Arms    exp 1 cost 615 replenish 0.03 - 0.09 max 1 initial 1 start_year 1400
        unit Slav Mercenaries            exp 2 cost 180 replenish 0.03 - 0.09 max 3 initial 2 end_year 1229    
        unit Prussian Spearmen            exp 3 cost 538 replenish 0.08 - 0.16 max 2 initial 1 start_year 1230 end_year 1350
        unit Prussian Spearmen            exp 3 cost 538 replenish 0.06 - 0.13 max 2 initial 1 start_year 1350 end_year 1450
        unit Landschneckt Pikemen        exp 1 cost 494 replenish 0.04 - 0.13 max 1 initial 1 start_year 1420 religions { catholic orthodox }
        unit Mercenary Arquebusiers        exp 1 cost 803 replenish 0.03 - 0.09 max 1 initial 0 start_year 1450 events { gunpowder_discovered }
        unit merc cog,                    exp 1 cost 555 replenish 0.36 - 1.0 max 1 initial 1 religions { catholic } crusading
        unit Crusader Knights            exp 1 cost 676 replenish 0.07 - 0.17 max 2 initial 0 religions { catholic } crusading    
        unit Crusader Sergeants            exp 2 cost 663 replenish 0.07 - 0.17 max 3 initial 0 religions { catholic } crusading
        unit Flagellants                exp 1 cost 286 replenish 0.08 - 0.25 max 3 initial 1 start_year 1260 religions { catholic } crusading
    As I understand, the issue is the list of units used by the rebels. This part I haven't touched but it's very interesting how to make them not using peasants in the city rebellions etc.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 11, 2020 at 07:12 AM.

Thank you Lifth for this very useful tutorial for managing mercenaries.
    That said, mercenaries seem to be associated with dates or events :
    ex : unit Prussian Spearmen exp 3 cost 538 replenish 0.08 - 0.16 max 2 initial 1 start_year 1230 end_year 1350
    It is therefore easy in this case not to have an anachronistic unit during the game.

As Joc says, I am currently concerned about the list of rebels. If this list does not depend on events or dates, then my method is perhaps the only one possible to avoid anachronism.

Blog Entries

For now, the only way I see is to remove them from the descr_rebel_factions.txt file. If I'm right, no late units are supposed to be listed in that file for he reason mentioned by Used2BRoz.

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help
    Bug Reports for 6.3

It is already the second time that I try to play a campaign, always in the passage of the 51st to 52th turn, an unexpected error arises and the game closes, could someone help please.

Guys even unexpected error yet, I had already made a post previously reporting the problem, but there was no apparent solution, this time I am also posting the save, it will help more now.
    In addition I tried to upgrade to 6.4 to see if it worked, I ended up not even getting LOL, the installation went smoothly, but when I try to start it loads the loading screen but it doesn't start and then closes.
    That is if anyone can help I am grateful, I am having the same mistake for the second time, I always play with the Byzantine empire, I do not know if the error can be related to this.

-operating system: Windows 10
    -version of Kingdoms: 1.52
    -version of Stainless Steel: 6.3
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Wait a minute.
    This issue concerns SS6.3 alone or SS6.3 with SSHIP?

For using SSHIP, SS6.4 must be installed prior to install SSHIP.
    If it concerns SS6.3 alone, you should post in the relevant forum.

CTD on the end of AI (rebels) turn #14. Steam Version

Game worked perfectly until this point. Read the op and I'm afraid idk how to follow the AI or "stop the AI from doing what it's doing." Also, I went to the logs folder and it says it's empty .____.

Blog Entries

Can you post your last save?

Icon4

Can you post your last save?
    I have it here but idk how to share it ��

Edit: here it is. Northmen.rar
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 13, 2020 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Posts merged for clarity

Blog Entries

Fine, I got it
    I'll give it a try as soon as I can. Meanwhile, can you confirm if you're using the patch made by Lurker from Codex (see here)? If not, I'd recommend you to try it. It may fix your issue.