Thread: Download Corrupt

Default Download Corrupt

Hi

I have tried to download to 2.6b but when I go to open the zip files via WinRAR I get an "archive corrupt" message and they won't open.

I have tried with the direct download links and the mirrors, any suggestions?

Cheers

JC

Default Re: Download Corrupt

Get 7zip, I just tested them and they work fine for me.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi,

Done as you suggested. Same messages, both Part 1 & 2 on both direct and mirror links "corrupt".

I have attached screenshots of both 7zip & WinRar error messages.

Very frustrating. Nothing has changed from my end and I have been playing DeI for several years without issue.

Wish I never tried to update it now, because since I tried the first time to install this version, the previous version won't load now, so I can't even revert back.

Help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture 1.PNG   Capture 2.PNG   Capture 3.PNG   Capture 4.PNG  

Quote Originally Posted by JohnChurchill View Post
    I have attached screenshots of both 7zip & WinRar error messages.

Very frustrating. Nothing has changed from my end and I have been playing DeI for several years without issue.

Wish I never tried to update it now, because since I tried the first time to install this version, the previous version won't load now, so I can't even revert back.

Help would be much appreciated.
    Try downloading using a different browser then unzip with 7zip.

Hi,

I have done as suggested and I've used 3 different browsers up to now... Sadly I have had the same outcome with both 7zip & WinRar, as per the screenshots in my previous posts.

I have also downloaded a few other mod's and updates for various games etc via Chrome just as a test, thankfully I have had no issues with them, successfully opening and extracting via WinRar or 7zip.

JC

Can anyone help??

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I personally have no idea
    never heard about anyone having that problem about unzipping
    ... unzip them into another pc and then bring the files through an external drive into your pc

I've tried absolutely everything including uninstalling/reinstalling browsers, decompression programmes and even the game itself. No joy....

However, thankfully I have manged to get it working via the Steam Workshop.