Thread: Pictures of food

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: Pictures of food

^ Is there any of them easy to cook at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Those are all amazing Inkie, wow
    Cheers! I do consider food one of the best reasons to live in Osaka.
    Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    ^ Is there any of them easy to cook at home?
    Sure, gyoza are piss easy to cook, albeit time-consuming to prepare if you're handmaking them.

Oyakodon (the one with the egg-yolk in the middle) isn't hard at all.

Kusa Nabe ('Grass hotpot', the one with the mountain of greens) is, just like any other Japanese hotpot, extremely easy. Just throw stuff in the pot and boil it down.

I forgot the name of the other chicken dish with green onion and raw egg but I'd imagine it's not hard if you have the right ingredients (specifically very fresh chicken so you can eat it rare).

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie View Post
    Cheers! I do consider food one of the best reasons to live in Osaka.

Sure, gyoza are piss easy to cook, albeit time-consuming to prepare if you're handmaking them.

Oyakodon (the one with the egg-yolk in the middle) isn't hard at all.

Kusa Nabe ('Grass hotpot', the one with the mountain of greens) is, just like any other Japanese hotpot, extremely easy. Just throw stuff in the pot and boil it down.

I forgot the name of the other chicken dish with green onion and raw egg but I'd imagine it's not hard if you have the right ingredients (specifically very fresh chicken so you can eat it rare).
    I failed gyoza repeatedly with the small russian dumplings - they're either browned and hard, or not browned enough and wet. Only crystal dumplings can succeed because they still taste great if the non-browned side remains wet.

Kusa Nabe - no good veggies here...

no raw chicken! although I heard pork or beef can actually be consumed raw here; still seems risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    By the looks of it, I would starve to death in Japan.
    Blasphemy! They have the best "western food" (yōshoku), like sweet thick curry with meat sauce and fried pork with stuffed bacon and cheese 🤤

now I'm hungry again...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    By the looks of it, I would starve to death in Japan.
    Not into raw/rare?
    Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    I failed gyoza repeatedly with the small russian dumplings - they're either browned and hard, or not browned enough and wet. Only crystal dumplings can succeed because they still taste great if the non-browned side remains wet.

Kusa Nabe - no good veggies here...

no raw chicken! although I heard pork or beef can actually be consumed raw here; still seems risky.
    raw pork and beef are good. You wouldn't have chicken rare? I suppose I wouldn't either unless I trust the chef/location.

Blasphemy! They have the best "western food" (yōshoku), like sweet thick curry with meat sauce and fried pork with stuffed bacon and cheese 襤

now I'm hungry again...
    Agreed, they make French haute cuisine better than the French do and can do (some) Italian food as well as Italians. Also loads of other stuff from the West which is made to a higher standard here. Puts one to shame sometimes haha

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.