Thread: Modding: Chaning existing vanilla junctions?

Default Modding: Chaning existing vanilla junctions?

I tried to create my first mod and run into a problem that i wasnt able to solve.I tried to change technology requirements for some buildings. By overwriting the corresponding junctions in building_level_required_technology_junctions i noticed that, instead of overwriting these junctions, it just adds the new junctions. Now i have the vanilla requirements plus my new requirements.Has anyone an idea how to solve this problem?Another guy has the same problem: "Editing Mastery of the Arts Question:Wanted to move a building that is unlocked at a certain tech to a previous tech but when I make it unlockable that way, I then need the other tech first. Despite the UI showing I should be all good to build the building earlier, it will be grayed out until I research the original tech it was from as well. My best assumption for how to do this is simply make clone of the building identical in every way and have it unlockable the way I want it to be and then make the original unbuildable by the other clans, but that feels like a lot more work than I want to do and was hoping their was an easier solution."

Default Re: Modding: Chaning existing vanilla junctions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallendor View Post
    My best assumption for how to do this is simply make clone of the building identical in every way and have it unlockable the way I want it to be and then make the original unbuildable by the other clans, but that feels like a lot more work than I want to do and was hoping their was an easier solution."
    Well the solution offered here is the safest and most compatible way. Other than that, you can change your modfile to .patch in PFM (could be .movie too, don't remember exactly) and save, that will overwrite the default tables. But you'd have to add all entries of the default table, even the ones you didn't change.