Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: royal education?

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: royal education?

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Err no as I said before I'm agnostic. So far none have convinced me. Unfortunately and with no ill intent I do find your particularly version of Christianity very credible at all and not likely to get me off the fence. More or less as soon you assert the OT is literal truth you kinda lost the game for me since its clearly not.
    conon394,

Yet Jesus Christ confirmed that the Old Testament Scriptures were the word of God and referred to them frequently in His teachings as did the Apostles in their turn. The only way a sinner can come to believe is if God Himself unlocks the heart and mind of that person showing them how deep their sin is, which brings on the stages of awakening leading to being born again. Only God can do this.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    In fact... ironically, I think the idea that raising our kids to be state focussed automatons as the OP suggests: "in their mind they shouldn't have any families or friends. They have the country (or the world), and treat everyone equally for the good of it." would probably make for great Soviet kids, or Nazi kids or what ever... because 'for the good of the country' is a dangerous concept indeed - probably one of the most dangerous concepts there is.
    Nazi and Soviet kids were taught to obey and follow, much like kids today, not to think and lead. If everyone is taught to lead, and without family ties or inheritance, wouldn't it lead to a much fairer world where nobody could subject another whether by force or deception?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Accountability is the reason why monarchies outlast other forms of government, because in other ones, especially democratic ones, ruler is typically not held responsible for his actions, where maximum bad consequence for one only is not being appointed/elected, hence why lack of accountability is the real factor to why monarchy is superior to other forms of government, at least in as far as we can learn from history.
    You see any monarchies today? That is, monarchies with real powers, not delegating everything to democratically elected councils. Syria maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    conon394,

Of course you are simply because you really think there is no God to Whom you are accountable. God said that He raises up nations whilst destroying others and surely history confirms that?
    What did he say about Mongolians and the short lived empire of theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    You see any monarchies today? That is, monarchies with real powers, not delegating everything to democratically elected councils. Syria maybe?
    Our "today" has existed for barely a century, and we already see most governments either being dictatorships rapidly consolidating and centralizing power (perhaps fixing to become de-facto monarchies within our lifetime) or democracies that are growing ever weaker and some on the verge of collapse (which will also likely happen in our lifetime).

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

There's very few monarchies with absolute power working today, most of the "Western" monarchies are either constitutional monarchies or are monarchic figureheads. Essentially, since 1215 when the Magna Carta was imposed by the English barons, the whole point of Parliaments & other elected bodies was to bring accountability, even to kings and queens.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

That's true!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Our "today" has existed for barely a century, and we already see most governments either being dictatorships rapidly consolidating and centralizing power (perhaps fixing to become de-facto monarchies within our lifetime) or democracies that are growing ever weaker and some on the verge of collapse (which will also likely happen in our lifetime).
    I agree that we haven't lasted long enough to say democracies could endure. From human history, a decentralized, feudal society with strict caste system in fact endured far longer periods than a 18th century monarch or democracy. But is it the kind of society we want to live in? IMO our biggest problem with democracy is the lack of proper education, that people don't think and act like they're leaders despite of their rights, as princes would do.

I agree that we haven't lasted long enough to say democracies could endure. From human history, a decentralized, feudal society with strict caste system in fact endured far longer periods than a 18th century monarch or democracy. But is it the kind of society we want to live in? IMO our biggest problem with democracy is the lack of proper education, that people don't think and act like they're leaders despite of their rights, as princes would do.
    AqD,

The world's main problem yes consists of all the things afore mentioned but as to why these are is because of sin.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

AqD,

The world's main problem yes consists of all the things afore mentioned but as to why these are is because of sin.
    Let me try the first example:

Is nepotism a sin?

If your 80yr old nice grandpa and some working age stranger with 6 kids both have heart attack, whom would you save first?

If you're a manager would you give job to your drunkard cousin who beg you and swear he'll quit drinking, or someone who's simply good at the job?

AqD,

To some it might be yet to others it is not. The question kind of defeats itself because if I save both it wouldn't matter which one was first. Having managed quite a few companies in my day I had the job of employing quite a few people and unfortunately sacking at least one or two. On one occasion I gave a young lad whose mother also worked for me a second chance because I caught him stealing money from the till so he had to work off his ill-gotten gains to teach him a lesson. On the next occasion in different employment one of my ladies was caught stealing from the till by an in-store security guy and this being reported to me I gave her a second chance and in this instance I was wrong because she did the dirty on me again.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Having managed quite a few companies in my day I had the job of employing quite a few people and unfortunately sacking at least one or two. On one occasion I gave a young lad whose mother also worked for me a second chance because I caught him stealing money from the till so he had to work off his ill-gotten gains to teach him a lesson. On the next occasion in different employment one of my ladies was caught stealing from the till by an in-store security guy and this being reported to me I gave her a second chance and in this instance I was wrong because she did the dirty on me again.
    How are you sure the first one was right while the second one wasn't? The young lad could have stolen again - you just don't know it. And the lady may not steal for a third time.

Since we're discussing nepotism - doesn't forgiving a closer person's crime unreasonably fall into this category, or at least favoritism? If you dont know them and if they work in bank, steal millions and be published on news, your reaction would probably be very different. Is that not a sin? that is, excessive sympathy and unfair treatment of fellow humans.

AqD,

Well as soon as he had paid off what he had taken his mother made him look for another job which he found. The second person I found out later was quite a devious woman so looking back now perhaps I shouldn't have given her that chance. As for nepotism it can work for good and bad and it's up to the parent figure to make that kind of decision. We all sin, we all make mistakes so no-one is exempt. With sin there are no league tables.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

So you dont think we should try to remove our natural flaws and be closer to perfection?! Is that so church would always have customers?

So you dont think we should try to remove our natural flaws and be closer to perfection?! Is that so church would always have customers?
    AqD,

Oh I do think that man should seek perfection but the only problem is that perfection is totally out of the hands of sinning man to achieve without the help of his Maker. The Gospel is the only real Royal education that man needs but then who nowadays bothers about that?

Democracy in its current form isn't meant to "work". Do you really think that people that are in power would for a second jeopardize it? The whole point is that elites rule by proxy, as they own media, corporation and the politicians that get to run in the elections. Hence why Americans can vote all they want, they'll never vote away Blackrock or Vanguard until they have a revolution of some kind.

Heathen Hammer,

Whilst there is a great amount of truth in what you say tell me what you would replace these things with? We have tried Monarchism and it has mainly fallen. We have tried communism and it has mainly fallen. We are trying democracy which appears to be more wide open to corruption than the former two, so where do we go from here?

Heathen Hammer,

Whilst there is a great amount of truth in what you say tell me what you would replace these things with? We have tried Monarchism and it has mainly fallen. We have tried communism and it has mainly fallen. We are trying democracy which appears to be more wide open to corruption than the former two, so where do we go from here?
    Are we really trying "democracy"? Or are we just living in a corrupt financier oligarchy, which just calls itself "democracy" to give itself an aura of legitimacy? Let's be honest here, Western nations in the past century were never truly "democratic", they were always ruled by finance interests who would let citizens pick 1 out of several options, all of which would do the bidding of the elite unconditionally.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; November 25, 2021 at 12:08 PM.

Heathen Hammer,

Even as a Bible believing Christian I see that in that Book there is a Hierarchy that cannot be disputed the solace I take from that is that it will be honest and fair. The world we live in just now is anything but honest and fair. Finding an honest man is not easy for everyone has flaws. So, where do we go from here?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123