Thread: Transatlantic Cruises

Indefinitely Banned

Icon5 Transatlantic Cruises

Hi all!

I was thinking about booking myself on a Transatlantic cruise sometime next year from the USA to Europe and like to know if anyone here has done it before and if so how did it go for you and if you would recommend it? I was looking at Cunard and Holland.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Transatlantic Cruises

Looks boring.. I once had a Cruise on the Mediterranean when I was still a lad (with my parents) and I only really enjoyed the moments when we went down the ship to visit some places

I can't think of being stuck on a ship for like 2 or 3 weeks, it would kill all my joy
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Indefinitely Banned

I can understand that. I think it’s a 7 day cruise depending, but it can go as high as 14 with others if they make a few stops along the way.

Are you really looking forward to the classic experience of crossing the Atlantic on a ship? Because it is going to be very expensive in comparison to flying to get board for the two weeks on a ship unless you manage to somehow find employment on the ship.

EDIT: what stops are you talking about?

Indefinitely Banned

Royal Caribbean has a 13 day one leaving from Barcelona Spain, you go to Malaga Spain, Nassau Bahamas then Orlando Florida as the final stop (later this month). They have similar ones for 2022, US to Europe and vice versa.

The one I am looking at is Cunard, New York to Hamburg, Germany, leaving 3rd of January 2022 and arriving the 12th of January, 2022, it's going straight there.

You're right about the price. I have a flight booked with Aer Lingus I got a good price on, but that's going to be my mid/late Spring trip for next year.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Looks boring.. I once had a Cruise on the Mediterranean when I was still a lad (with my parents) and I only really enjoyed the moments when we went down the ship to visit some places

I can't think of being stuck on a ship for like 2 or 3 weeks, it would kill all my joy
    Was it not nice to enjoy the sea and wave? Did they offer the same breakfast everyday?

I'm also considering - the price seems pretty high per cabin and bathtub with views is out of question

Rhinelander's Avatar Domesticus

I would prefer a transatlantic cruise on a sailing yacht rather than a cruise ship full of old people eating all-day