Thread: Combat comments ...

Default Combat comments ...

I watched Simpzy EP 1 first battle:

I watched through the first battle:
    * Units moving way too fast
    * Units too brittle
    This makes it far easier for a human with good timing to take down a large force.

I think one thing DEI has done well is have OFFICIAL submods that modify certain behaviors. Allowing you to customize DEI to an extent and know that it is a compatible and tested sub-mod.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Default Re: Combat comments ...

I am not sure what the intention of your post is? I suggest trying out RIS yourself before commenting on combat behaviour, this is otherwise impossible to judge. I think combat is fairly well balanced and definitively much slower than in vanilla RR, but I'd be curious to hear about your experiences after trying it out

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Simpzy has a lot more TW than I do, but I will fight a battle myself.

My criticism of TW in general is that the battles cannot stand alone. The CAI of the overhaul mods generally need to introduce a army number increase and unit quality into the game. As remaster modders finally got scripts, not just the attributes for the units ... there is a real chance to improve the quality of combat tactics.

Up to this point, combat tactics has mainly been created as a side effects of parameters.

For example, RTW2/DEI 1.28 removes movement fatigue; there is only combat fatigue:

* As the AI is in constant motion before contact, this eliminates it being exhausted before contact.

* This gives better battles as the AI reaches contact in good shape.

* This makes it important for the player to pull back units and rest them.

Improved tactics as the result of a side effect. But 2.02 leaves the possibility of much more on the table.

My comments are not meant to be offensive. And I apologize if they were. I know I benefit greatly from your time and expertise invested. Without modders I doubt I would even play a vanilla TW title.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    Last edited by MeiguoJinjang; January 04, 2022 at 01:20 AM. Reason: correction

I just spent 30 minutes writing comments, and the site ate them. I have to remember cut/paste before posting.

To quickly summarize human movement seems too fast if it is to scale and realtime. I have many RS3 screenshots of my last epic game, but the RIS terrain does not reach the same level of immersion. (again wrote much more, but it went poof when I clicked)

Thanks for your fine work!