Thread: How are my Phalanx unit ranks getting shredded frontally?

Default How are my Phalanx unit ranks getting shredded frontally?

This has been happening somewhat frequently and I'm really perplexed. I know certain units are given more weight or mass and have a better capability as far as pushing into enemies but something seems broken.

- Static line of several pike units.
    - All set to guard mode.
    - Phalanx activated well before enemy charge frontally.
    - none of my units were given attack command
    - enemies somehow got all the way through the Phalanx and end up BEHIND my unit

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: How are my Phalanx unit ranks getting shredded frontally?

ALWAYS give phalanx units attack order. Without it, game wont know if they are in combat as phalanx attacks are not counted as melee by the game. This applies to all units but especially to phalanx. In general, every unit will perform much worse without attack order. For phalanx just let them eath charge and then give single attack order, they wont break formation that way but will engage properly. Double click on enemy unit will force phalanx to take a step forward and push enemy back. If you will spam right click, they will continue to push enemy back as long as you want.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: How are my Phalanx unit ranks getting shredded frontally?

On a related note, your phalangites are not in blocks 16 ranks deep. Some even look only around 8 :O