Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JLMPs Vanilla Kingdoms submod 2021

Default Re: JLMPs Vanilla Kingdoms submod 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Artorath View Post
    The other values are declared as float though https://processing.org/examples/integersfloats.html, I haven't seen an unsigned integer (uint) given a decimal in anything else I have installed right now
    Correction, now I see it, yeah it should be an integer there. I will try 2 and see what happens.

I believe it was 1.5 in SSHIP and some other mod but cant get to check them right now. There was also a speculation I found earlier that it (the separation_missiles) is a distance between missiles and enemy. The other speculation is the one you mentioned, that its the number of volleys. Either way, integer.

Beat the long campaign, I had no crashes at all and the mod is in a good place. Some suggestions for further improving over the vanilla game:
    • consider increasing the min delay between attacks of cavalry secondary weapons, especially horse archers and lower quality units. They tend to lawnmower infantry without needing to charge since the animation is so fast.
    • the pagan magician ancillary trigger is quite weird

Code:
    Trigger magician_pagan_vnv_trigger
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
        Condition not AtSea
              and IsGeneral
              and PopulationOwnReligion < 90
              and PopulationHeretic >= 10
              and not Trait Superstitious > 0

AcquireAncillary magician_pagan chance  5
    requiring Superstitious to get the ancillary would make sense, or requiring its antitrait to be safe from it. Requiring Superstitious to be safe, not so much.
    • not sure why the nun ancillary excludes greek and eastern_european cultures; the orthodox nun trigger is redundant as a result
    • I would drop the occupation reputation bonus to ~0.02 (mirroring a sack) instead of 0.05 (mirroring extermination). One is after all still forcibly taking the settlement and reputation climbs a bit too fast imo
    • not sure this one is vanilla, but greek firethrowers can be really finicky, especially with elevation. I've had battles where they refuse to fire until ~2/3 their range, and a sally defense in a different campaign where they wouldn't fire at all.

Thanks, JLMP, for keeping the mod updated.

Your latest version still has a minor problem from the Pike's v1.4.
    Bucklers on spanish and portuguese soldiers are without textures (the silver model problem).

Thanks again!

Hi, I am new here and was just wondering if the piercing attribute in the export_descr_unit halves armour like ap does in the base game?
    Really sorry if this is a silly question. The mod seems really awesome by the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12