Thread: Is There an Apply Expression Feature in RPFM?

Default Is There an Apply Expression Feature in RPFM?

I know in PFM you can select a column or set of numbers and right click/apply expression to do quick on the fly edits, say adding 50% to a column, but I'm not sure if that same functionality exists in RPFM. Does anyone know if it's possible to run, even basic expressions to mass edit columns or data in RPFM?

Default Re: Is There an Apply Expression Feature in RPFM?

I've found the rewrite selection feature. Highlight a cell, or range of cells, right click, select "Rewrite Selection" or hotkey ctrl+y, it will bring up a small box that says instructions, {x} means current value, {y} means entire column, {z} means the row. So far I've only found really basic functionality but say you wanted to add 50% to a group of values, simply type in the popups box, {x}=1.5 Ensure to check the box "Is a math opperation" and hit enter, or click accept, and it will format the cells you selected with that function. I'm not sure if if, or other types of statements can be used, but I'm going to look further into it, but if anyone knows help me out with a list, or a link to a list of functions this rewrite selection feature will accept. Hope this helps someone!

Default Re: Is There an Apply Expression Feature in RPFM?

I've found the rewrite selection feature. Highlight a cell, or range of cells, right click, select "Rewrite Selection" or hotkey ctrl+y, it will bring up a small box that says instructions, {x} means current value, {y} means entire column, {z} means the row. So far I've only found really basic functionality but say you wanted to add 50% to a group of values, simply type in the popups box, {x}=1.5 Ensure to check the box "Is a math opperation" and hit enter, or click accept, and it will format the cells you selected with that function. I'm not sure if if, or other types of statements can be used, but I'm going to look further into it, but if anyone knows help me out with a list, or a link to a list of functions this rewrite selection feature will accept. Hope this helps someone!