Quote Originally Posted by chriscase View Post
OK, but that's a case there the gender of the reference is deliberately indeterminate. How about "Bobby went to the kitchen and made their breakfast." Whose breakfast was Bobby making? Or, "Phil wants their own special pronoun." Just sounds like bad grammar to me.

Yes, this is the prevailing fashion. I demand not to be referred to by name or pronouns. I assert that all references are inherently violent and therefore abhorrent. Unless you are going to apply a double standard, you have to respect my preference, regardless of reason.
If you don't want to be referred to, then don't post. If you don't offer a way to speak to you one will be provided, as you exist and therefore owe taxes.

I feel like you're stirring the pot, fair enough. Pots are meant to be stirred. The "their" as a pronoun example is weak, it suggest poor language skills.

If you are genuine that its uncomfortable to say "they" instead of he or she, harden up. Have a think about how uncomfortable someone would have to be to ask you to do that.

You've got to deal with a lot of people in this world. Furries that want to bang animals, crooked politicians who fly to Paedo island with Epstein, but you're devoting your mental space to pronouns.