Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Asterix's Campagnian Villa: A meeting place for TWCs old timers

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Default Re: Asterix's Campagnian Villa: A meeting place for TWCs old timers

Quote Originally Posted by cunobelin View Post
    Sqeakus Maximus was a much better name than Ozymandias Sig changed!! Although I think I have to remove him from my sig altogether as he's been snatched from my patronage!!!
    I'd keep him in your sig. You have the honour to be his first father (as opposed to first born) and you hold the record for the longest family ties with him I doubt it will ever be bettered.

I don't know why I remember it so well, but the funniest post was Manji's when he posted a photo in the symposium (I think) of a half naked girl with a card over her boobs reading "Manji's girlfriend" and asking whether it was inappropriate!!!

Threads seem to go far too fast nowadays, so I just pop into the mods section & look at Lusted's mod to see how its progressing.

I'll leave Ozy in if that's ok with you imb39? I'm the Prodigal Father!!
    Last edited by cunobelin; March 24, 2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: can't spell :P
    Keep this site happy & report flamming and abusive posts ASAP
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum
    Patron of the Civitates Ozymandias & Dan_Grr

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

What, cunobelin, back? Wait, can my eyes be seeing true? Can they? My word. Wooo! Yay! Random hugs for strangers and cunobelin!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Threads seem to go far too fast nowadays, so I just pop into the mods section & look at Lusted's mod to see how its progressing.
    I knew i was useful for something - attracting old timers back with my mods!
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

you're useful for more than that....I mean there's..........oh, um...........

then......oh what about......um, no............... :hmmm:

Never mind, we lurv you anyway
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    LOL I agree it was a better name

He fell victim to the name changing plague at the end of last year...

If you click on profiles in many cases it tells you the original... Belisarius was Lucius Vorenus was General Maximus for instance....

Only good old WBK stayed sane :p
    I could never bring myself to change my name all these years...if once I started, I'd never stop!

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Wow, there's a lot of love in this thread!! :tacticalw
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    To my arms absurd Nihil!!!! I salute you and away from you at the same time and don't salute you simultanoulsy and non-meaningfully divided by two!!!!

Down and up with Western philosophy!!!! Who needs a god when you have tofu!!!!

Although true anarchists never work together, you see if we were true anarchists we would just be giving in to Western philosophy!!

Its actually all very easy.... rip it away from the safety of its monotheistic bossom and feed it its own platonic recipes...

we will smite the gritty and the nitty with guerilla tactics

To my arms brother, that is universal enough!

Western philosophy shall be tramplet under our keyboards Nihil! Listen not to these Germanic folk who stutter Erasmus, Kant and Leibnitz......

Those fiends were not even conceived when Shin Sher Kung Fu had it all figured out!

Its all actually quite easy, we will rip it away from its monotheistic bossom and feed it on the platonic milk it prescribes until it aquires psychosomatic illness....

guerilla tactics always defeat the west!

Sibs is with us! I spoke to him about this today....

I got a headachce reading this!! far to many names & words that I don't know. Someone please get me a pint & a maid to sooth my strained mind!!!

Turnus's Avatar il Flagello dei Buffoni

I thought I'd post here seeing as I've been a member of the site since 2004, even though I doubt very greatly that many of you know me. It's good to see that a lot of the older members are still here, I'm sure you will all find some new source of controversy soon enough.
    Force Diplomacy Modifications for Rise of Persia 2.11 Beta and Roma Surrectum 1.5a.
    Member of S.I.N.
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

I don't know why I remember it so well, but the funniest post was Manji's when he posted a photo in the symposium (I think) of a half naked girl with a card over her boobs reading "Manji's girlfriend" and asking whether it was inappropriate!!!
    Good Ol' Timers from Good Ol' Times.
    浪人 - 二天一

The first time i saw that picture I thought it really was his girlfriend
    Last edited by rez; March 26, 2007 at 09:05 AM.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Welcome Turnus!

**** Sevants Bring out the barrel of 40 year old wine****

I didnt care if she was Manji's girlfriend I fell in love
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Friends, Romans, countrymen? Is it true that Sibs never finished 'Mi Lucha'? Only, I can't find all of the tale, just the first few chapters...if anybody could direct me to the rest of the story, please do so!

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Profler's Avatar Shaving Kit

Ahh, the good old days, the days of curial intrigues, great debate and furious tirades in the Hexagon. Those were truly the days of Numenor, when great men and women did sit and speak as the lords of the earth do.

Sentiment aside, could anyone muster up the strength to explain to me what the devil's been going on since last I did visit? And furthermore, could anyone direct me to a good thread in the mudpit? I need a rant
    Last edited by Profler; March 27, 2007 at 08:32 AM.
    In patronicvm svb wilpuri
    Patronvm celcvm qvo Garbarsardar et NStarun

The Bottle of France has been lost, the Bottle of Britain has just begun...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Mr. Speaker, do you approve of donuts?" - Hon Eric Forth MP (deceased)
    "You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment" - Rt Hon Francis Urquhart MP

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

he's back, brilliant.....

Ok, potted history - ON went a bit mad December/January, all staff (well nearly all) were sacked, everyone started packing their bags to leave the halls of TWC and move to a better place.

Then imb and Ogre finally started talking and Ogre realised what was being done in his name. He then agreed to sell the site to imb, which happened in January.

Everyone unpacked their bags and reinhabited the halls and things have been settling down since then.

Apart from that, not a lot
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I didn't know there ever were any good threads ever in the Mudpit....

Quote Originally Posted by rez View Post
    The first time i saw that picture I thought it really was his girlfriend
    Not my girlfriend, a girlfriend I had.
    The idea though was not mine, I'd seen it done on the web at the time and asked her to do so. (I think the photo was taken in 1998-1999)
    Mind you, my wife didn't like it, at all.
    浪人 - 二天一

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Manji you stud!

Too bad that Rogue's place you set up some time ago didn't take off the ground, my friend was going to let me post her b00bs there. Its a friend Manji thought was hot, and I think most people here would find that gentleman's taste in women agreeable.

And Profler, depending on your definition of a good thread in Das Pit, I'm inclined to side with Vizi here.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Wilp, how could you tell us this now, I will forever be asking "what did those boobs look like!"

Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    Wilp, how could you tell us this now, I will forever be asking "what did those boobs look like!"

They look good. Too bad she's 6 months pregnant now. And no, it wasn't me.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture