Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
I did not make up any term. My use of catapult was in line with general academic usage describing any bolt or ball throwing twin armed or bow based device in the classical world or even the later single armed devices
You have multiple opportunities to demonstrate somebody else using the term "rhodian catapult" but failed to do so. Demonstrate that somebody else is using the term "rhodian catapult" and I will offer an apology. Right now, you are dodging the issue. i haven't seen anybody but you use the exact term "rhodian catapult", and please stop avoiding the issue by talking about just catapult, that is not the issue. It was your use of an invented term by you "rhodian catapult" that was the point.

I tossed in Rhodian since of course that is one place that it was used the devise in question.
But "rhodian catapult" is not used by others, it is a term you.made up. Stop being insulting because others don't know a term you.invented. And you are wrong as usual. You tossed I. The term Rhodian, lower case, not upper case as you claim. The has you used the upper case it would have been more obvious that you meant a catapult from Rhodes.

Again, what contemporary primary source, in their own words, said that a polyboloa couple not be turned or pivoted. If you said it previously, then I apologize, but can you againtell me the ancient source that specifically.saie a polybolos could not be rotated or pivoted?