Thread: Reworked camillan romans - save compatible

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Default Reworked camillan romans - save compatible

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kq1j9...odels.zip/file

Some time ago I decided to rework the camillan romans reassembling and using EB II assets. I just revamped some UV maps (expecially in the faces, which now look better, in my opinion) and made others minor visual tweaks. Give it a try, if you want: just extract the compressed folder in the data folder of EB II.

Last edited by Cesco; August 17, 2022 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Added a new version to correct some small bugs
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Campidoctor

Default Re: Reworked camillan romans - save compatible

They look good! Looks like you fixed the Dr. Zaius forearms of the triarii?

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that particular problem, but I guess I "solved" it, since I took the models and textures for the arms from other italic units.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Very nice! Did you increase the frequency of linothorax Principes? I always liked those hipster Romans who decided to equip linothorax instead of heart-protectors

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

I just uploaded a new version with a fix fr some small bugs I noticed. Let's hope I didn't forget anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Very nice! Did you increase the frequency of linothorax Principes? I always liked those hipster Romans who decided to equip linothorax instead of heart-protectors
    Thanks. To be honest, I find the "linothorax/pectoral ratio" in the original units pretty realistic, since they give the idea of a weaponary wich was only partially hellenized, with many pieces of equipment that were still italic, so I didn't actually change that ascpect.

Foederatus

Know I'm kind of late to the party, but well done man. The Camillian Roman skin textures have bothered me for a long ass time, and I've been waiting for a fix since forever. Hopefully the devs take some notes for future releases. (No offense to the devs of course, they are doing god's work.)
    Last edited by Ecke; November 25, 2022 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecke View Post
    Know I'm kind of late to the party, but well done man. The Camillian Roman skin textures have bothered me for a long ass time, and I've been waiting for a fix since forever. Hopefully the devs take some notes for future releases. (No offense to the devs of course, they are doing god's work.)
    All of us to the lord's work. The Devs are most certain to give the all clear to this fix
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    They look good! Looks like you fixed the Dr. Zaius forearms of the triarii?
    LOL. Wasn't expecting a Planet of the Apes reference in this thread.

Also, nice work OP, +1 rep for fixing one of the game's few shortcomings. However, it takes at least over 100 turns to get the Polybian units in the game depending on the SPQR player achieving certain goals in northern Italy and Sicily per the player guide. Therefore it is nice to have these better looking units before the Polybian era. A shame that I just got the Polybian reform in my campaign! However, I'm currently involved in a siege with a bunch of Camillan units, so I'm going to see them anyway.

Wow, these new unit model textures for Camillan Roman infantry and cavalry really pop on the battlefield! They look so much better now! I'm almost sad to see the Camillan era go in my campaign, but at least I've got a lot of them still hanging around for now. I noticed you didn't include the cavalry units in your preview, whether regular equites or equites consulares, so I included some of the latter here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0744.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	329.9 KB 
ID:	368450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0751.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	334.3 KB 
ID:	368451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0767.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	294.4 KB 
ID:	368452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0770.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	353.6 KB 
ID:	368453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0792.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	330.1 KB 
ID:	368454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0805.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	323.4 KB 
ID:	368455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0855.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	368456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0863.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	368457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0864.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	369.3 KB 
ID:	368458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camillan 0872.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	260.7 KB 
ID:	368459

Just to let you know, Cesco, we've taken your updates into the official build.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Just to let you know, Cesco, we've taken your updates into the official build.
    That is great news, so +1 rep! He really did a superb job in remodeling these units. They look so much more compatible with the Italic allied auxiliary ones now. It is a remarkable achievement, I say!

When people make improvements to the mod, we're not too proud to incorporate them.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Thank you all for your kind words. I've been absent from the forum for quite some time and to find that my units will be part of the Europa Barbarorum official build is a really nice welcome back!