Thread: How about the return of Avatar Conquest in Pharaoh?

Default How about the return of Avatar Conquest in Pharaoh?

So what do you think about CA making a new Avatar Conquest MP mode for Pharaoh? Similar to what we had in Shogun 2? It certainty has been a while since than and they could do a better job of it now?

For those who do not know or remember, Avatar conquest was part of Shogun 2 as a separate multiplayer mode which combined persistent armies and deep customization, player clan structure, conquest of provinces, naval battles and leaderboards for up to 4vs4 battles.

I personally think it was one of the most complex and substantial additions to the franchise along with free movement campaign maps, naval battles, cooperative and head to head multiplayer campaigns, RPG skills elements, separate province settlements and yearly seasons.

First, I think it will help with player immersion into each new setting due to personalization of their experience through visual customization of armies, generals and units as well as developing their unique playstyle through growing the skill trees of those generals and units.

The other main reason why I think Avatar needs to come back is improving future games longevity by adding vast replayability and value to the multiplayer.

Also I made a much longer version of my arguments and more here:

Last edited by perablenta; July 22, 2023 at 07:38 AM.
    With Total war since original Shogun, made my life better!
    My videos about Total War on YouTube :
    https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: How about the return of Avatar Conquest in Pharaoh?

I recall it being a vaguely interesting S2 novelty, might be worth trying but I don't expect to see it now if it isn't already up CA's sleeve for this game. I feel like this is one of their many 'one and done' features that would be unusual to see actually returned and built upon now.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default Re: How about the return of Avatar Conquest in Pharaoh?

Absolutely bring back the Avatar Campaign, to me it's a must have.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!