Thread: Star Wars Total War - Updated with a Campaign Open BETA on Sep 23rd, 2023!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Star Wars Total War - Updated with a Campaign Open BETA on Sep 23rd, 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    Neat stuff as usual, you continue to keep the spirit alive for these classic and ambitious mods. I would strongly suggest spoilering the videos and images for readability/length and to reduce the upfront rendering of the page.
    Thanks, I always wanted a Star Wars Total War myself and never thought that the old version was good enough - when I saw Dagovax's work on Total War: 1942 that made me think he was the man needed to give this a proper release. Sadly it wasn't finished 100% but I did polish up everything that I could do myself - originally it were to get more custom cities, more units, more factions (the Republic and the Confederate Systems etc.) The Rebel Alliance were to get their own strat-map models too. But not everything was done, mostly because focus changed when the Remastered game was released.

I can see this mod having a future in the new Remastered game if anyone is willing to port it - we do allow anyone willing - they do have permission - to port the mod to Total War: Rome Remastered and expand on it there.

One of the main ideas behind releasing this was that maybe younger modders would pick it up and continue it and later in the future we may have a giant Star Wars Total War on Total War Rome Remastered - it's a gamble though.. In the worst case it will continue to thrive on the old engine forever.

This version was also inspired by the Star wars: Total War modding project by Bu11seye00 for Medieval II: Total War - Kingdoms where he sadly lost everything in a harddrive crash in 2014 - he had a galactic map with even more planets than us - probably 199 which is the maximum number in Med2, and he had similar units for the Empire - but I don't believe he had come as far as we have. I did watch three videos of his and the map was similarly built but with even more planets, the strat-models for the Rebel Alliance were also ready so he had come further there, he had cool animations for the AT-AT just like this mod - and he had cool black textures for the sky that we lack - but I don't believe he had the units of the Rebel Alliance ready. At least there are no pictures of them. This project certainly was inspired by his project and is using his "Star Wars: Total War" picture/Avatar for the mod.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 29, 2023 at 04:58 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal